• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Year 9 week 5

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
User v User Game of the Week vs @JSU Zack, rumor has it College Gameday will be in Lincoln.

maxresdefault.jpg

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
UM gonna die.

I'm lucky it is a home game. In two road games my poor Freshman QB has been scared shitless and threw the ball all over the place. In the home game vs NavyHog, he was at least in the general vicinity of his receivers (and let down by multiple drops).

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I really hope my screen doesn't go black this time, I think it might actually be my HDMI cable. Against USC my screen just went dark after the game and I thought it was just the game freezing but just while I've been sitting in practice mode playing with some stuff it has gone out 2-3 times. Luckily it popped back on right after but that would suck mid-play.

I unplugged and replugged both ends so hopefully it holds up.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Never understood how guys blow up screens unblocked. EA...

I actually have a defensive audible check specifically to stop that play. I kind of had a feeling you had it called since my CB was back, typically it is just an immediate tackle though not an INT. That INT was just rough luck.

My playbook is all out of whack with this other QB in. It is a pro style offense with an option QB in. This is ugly offensively, if it weren't for my defense it'd be rough.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
If I keep going down my depth chart, eventually I'm going to land on a player who can competently play quarterback.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Outside of #53 on my team, you have the most athletic LBs in the league.

I only have two linebackers, but they are two damn good linebackers. The core of an otherwise shaky back 7. My open defensive end is a monster too, he must have been recruited as an LB by the previous owner he is explosive as hell.

If it weren't for my defense this game would be way different.

Lavonte-Screams.jpg

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
GG, @TXHusker05. It's hard to win a game when your offense is never on the field. Excellent job on your part, especially on 3rd down.

I think this game sealed my decision to run something more option based, I don't know what it is with that RS FR QB but he was awful. Some drops didn't help but I mean wow was he bad. The quicker guy at least facilitated option a bit more and the wildcat stuff did help.

Now I just have to decide how to run option. Pistol or Offset. Or I suppose traditional gun.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
That was a fun game though, final score doesn't really tell the story. I feel like my offense was on the field 25 minutes and I was just doing a slow methodical march down the field.

My team is ballhawky on D, very impressed with this group. GG @JSU Zack

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
That was a fun game though, final score doesn't really tell the story. I feel like my offense was on the field 25 minutes and I was just doing a slow methodical march down the field.

My team is ballhawky on D, very impressed with this group. GG @JSU Zack

GG. You do a lot of confusing stuff with personnel, so I just tried to stay basic on D. Didn't work out in my favor. It boiled down to one team executing and the other falling flat on its face.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
GG. You do a lot of confusing stuff with personnel, so I just tried to stay basic on D. Didn't work out in my favor. It boiled down to one team executing and the other falling flat on its face.

Yeah I think I'm on to something with my wingback Pistol formations and I love my Weak Slot 21 personnel with a TE in the backfield and HB split wide. That is a formation/personnel grouping I destroyed people with when this OD was in its first few seasons, my personnel aren't a perfect match here but it stll works. Going to have to explore it more.

Definitely need to run more option because the passing game is just ugly, I was 10 of 18 and it felt like half of the completions were screens. Just have to decide what type of option to run. That game was weird, it felt like my offense was moving at a snails pace and I was just taking 3-4 yards a down, getting to a 3rd & Short and converting it and repeating. I ran 55 plays to 42 and the TOP clock says just 17:20-10:40 but it just felt like I had the ball the whole damn game.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Nebraska defeats the Wolverines 45-10. Nebraska's defense came to ball in this one, starting right out of the gate with a huge sack almost before Michigan's QB could finish his play action fake and it only got worse from there. The Huskers held Michigan to -3 yards rushing, had 4 sacks and forced 5 turnovers on the way to the win. Nebraska's DEs and LBs were the key to this one, with each DE putting up a pair of sacks while Sophomore LB Sean Coles had 8 solo tackles and a forced fumble. The Husker Defense even got in on the scoring when Safety Mike Johnson picked off a Michigan pass and returned it 22 yards for a score.

Offensively it was another struggle through the air for Nebraska starting quarterback Seth Mack, prompting Head Coach Tom Osborne to announce that he is reopening the quarterback competition going forward. Mack was lifted for the second game in a row after starting just 3 of 8 before being replaced by James Walker, who was able to complete 6 of 9 passes for 89 yards as well as HB Herb Poland who completed his only pass attempt of the day. Poland did more than his fair share on the ground, rushing for 101 yards and 20 carries, scoring 3 TD while backup I-Back Mark Medlock ran 8 times for 54 yards and a TD on a 30 yard option pitch. Poland added 5 more receptions, all on screens, for 41 yards while tight end Thomas McBride caught 3 passes for 71 yards.

6'6" WR Will Holt was once again a non factor, dropping 2 of 3 targets in the game. Receivers coach Turner Gill was spotted on the sideline slathering stickum on Holt's hands.

1063281.jpg

Akecheta

A fix to XP

This has worked in another OD thought we could try it. After the USER games have been played but before you ADV to the next week those who don't get Xp can drop the Dynasty.

Bump the Coach XP to whatever number makes it fair for all then ADV week. Then invite each player back. they should come back with the new coaching XP level. They won't get Xp weekly but they won't be at 0 with no ability to scout and such.

Not sure you if you guys had heard/tried this, but it seems to be the best work around.

JSU Zack

How do I IT?
A fix to XP

This has worked in another OD thought we could try it. After the USER games have been played but before you ADV to the next week those who don't get Xp can drop the Dynasty.

Bump the Coach XP to whatever number makes it fair for all then ADV week. Then invite each player back. they should come back with the new coaching XP level. They won't get Xp weekly but they won't be at 0 with no ability to scout and such.

Not sure you if you guys had heard/tried this, but it seems to be the best work around.

I'm willing to try it. I vote we get max recruiting XP. Everyone but folks who just joined/swapped teams has 99 OVR teams already, so it won't hurt them. Newbies will be able to catch up faster. PARITY.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I personally don't mind having 0 XP. I'm just blindly going after guys without scouting and I'll see what happens. I have zero depth so I need the recruits but it adds an element of difficulty to it. For all I know these guys could be terrible when we get to off-season.

Akecheta

I personally don't mind having 0 XP. I'm just blindly going after guys without scouting and I'll see what happens. I have zero depth so I need the recruits but it adds an element of difficulty to it. For all I know these guys could be terrible when we get to off-season.

I've recruited a few seasons without it... its so, so LMAO. I was just trying to help.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I've recruited a few seasons without it... its so, so LMAO. I was just trying to help.

I do have a 6* team so I'm probably not as bad off as others. If there were a way to make it so the not 6* teams could get upgrades and the rest couldn't I wouldn't mind, but I'm guessing there wouldn't be. Not a coherent way anyway.

Akecheta

I do have a 6* team so I'm probably not as bad off as others. If there were a way to make it so the not 6* teams could get upgrades and the rest couldn't I wouldn't mind, but I'm guessing there wouldn't be. Not a coherent way anyway.

I'm at a much better team this season as well so I don't think I'll have the same problems I had recruiting for Ole Miss. I like enjoy the scouting of 2/3* kids and finding a gem that maybe would get over looked by other users. Even with recruit limits There aren't a lot of 4/5* to go around, but a Gem 3* goes a long way.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I'm at a much better team this season as well so I don't think I'll have the same problems I had recruiting for Ole Miss. I like enjoy the scouting of 2/3* kids and finding a gem that maybe would get over looked by other users. Even with recruit limits There aren't a lot of 4/5* to go around, but a Gem 3* goes a long way.

That is true, it is harder to discover the hidden gems. Sometimes you just have to sort of wing it. Having played the game so damn much over ~3 years, I'm able to pick out some patterns on lower level guys to at least get an idea if they might be good/bad. You can usually at least tell when they are going to be a total bust.

In my case, I'd like to have more points available just so I can go after more people. Right now I'm essentially limited to around 12. I've got a full 500 on 8 guys and then 1000 divided up between 4. That isn't bad, but my recruiting limit is 19 and I need to get to at least 15-16 just to have enough depth. Most of my starters are FR, SO or JR but I've got nothing behind them. If things hold true right now, I'll have 2 HB, 1 TE, 3 WR, no starting guards (I'm already playing a center out of position at LG), only 2 LB (same two as this year) and not much in the secondary.

I'm basically going after 10 ATH this year and going to just plug them in wherever. Figured buying ATH in bulk would at least get me help at half of those spots.