• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Year 9 Week 3

Akecheta

@Flanntastic I can play after about 3:30PM EST (assuming I'm done at the in laws by then.) Will post if its going to be later. Tomorrow I'm good from 9AM EST to 2PM EST and then 9EST to 12EST.

Walter323

Wpotty quit at USC and took over Iowa State (not sure who in their right mind would want anything to do with that state)
Somehow he went from 0 xp to 6!

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Whenever I get a bye I'm going to quit and rejoin. Hopefully I would get upgrades since I had coaches leave.

Walter323

Not sure why he got it. Only thing I can think of
1. Nobody has ever had isu
2. We played a user game, saved it. Then he quit and rejoined

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Nebraska beats Arkansas 37-27. It was an ugly start for the Cornhuskers as Freshman QB Seth Mack fumbled on the first drive of the game, leading to a Razorback score. Luckily the Huskers answered with a long TD drive to tie up the game. NU then scored the next 10 points of the game to take a 17-7 lead, but Arkansas was able to score a touchdown immediately before and immediately following the half to retake the lead 21-17.

Nebraska struggled offensively following that, but the defense stood firm keeping it a 4 point game and Nebraska was finally able to score a touchdown towards the end of the third quarter to take the lead 24-21, a lead they would not give up as the Huskers scored the next 13 points of the game on two long field goals and an 80 yard TD run to break the game open. Arkansas was able to add a late touchdown, but their two point conversion and subsequent onside kick failed. Nebraska ran as much clock as possible before punting and Arkansas threw an interception to end the game not long after.

It was a shaky start but the Husker offense did enough to get the job done. NU totaled 424 yards, running 33 times for 221 and 3 TD and throwing 11 of 20 for 203 and a TD. The Huskers were just 4 of 10 on 3rd down. Take away the late 80 yard run to seal the deal and those numbers look a lot less impressive.

Arkansas had 346 yards of offense, running 22 times for just 50 yards and 2 TD while throwing 13 of 24 for 296 yards and 2 TD. Again, take away the late 75 yard pass for Arkansas and the stats look a lot different. It was a defensive battle, with turnovers the story. 4 for Arkansas, 1 for Nebraska.

RS FR QB Seth Mack wasn't bad, throwing 10 of 19 for 185 and a TD. HB Herb Poland ran 24 times for 214 yards and 3 TD and also threw once for 18 yards. No one else on the team ran for shit, 3 other players had 9 runs for 7 yards. Slot receiver Erik Harris stepped up huge in the game, catching 4 passes for 78 yards and a TD while TE Thomas McBride caught 3 for 45. Will Holt was a non-factor in the game, dropping a key third down.

The defense was the story though, 3 sacks as well as 4 INT, 2 by Sophomore SS Mike Johnson who wasn't expected to even play. Senior Kicker Cameron Davis also kicked 3 FG, all from beyond 50 yards in the win.

As always a great game vs @NavyHog, it was like we hadn't even missed a beat.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Great game man. Really nice job on D.

Edit: Same tip of the cap on offense.

Akecheta

GG, that may be the best user game I've ever had in this OD. (Personal performance wise)

Good luck the rest of the season

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
That game was really interesting for my offense. Not sure if playing vs Navy is a good judge because he plays me unlike anyone else (conservative option D, aggressive manual run support) but I felt like I had to work hard to just gain positive yardage on the ground. 33 for 221 isn't that great and when one of those was for 80 late, we're really talking 32 for 141.

Oddly, I had way more success running out of the Pistol than the Offset Gun in this one. Felt like the blocks in Pistol were sealing the edge a lot better. My biggest plays were Stretch and Strong Power. I don't think I ran for more than 10-15 yards in Offset Gun. Navy flew up field and blew those plays up. I did have one good read option play for 6-7 yards to set up a field goal to go up 2 scores late but otherwise that was it. The reason I went into some Offset Gun was to hopefully run more screens and TE pass plays but that didn't materialize. Maybe I'll just go back to full on Pistol.

I kind of wonder what traditional gun might do as well. It is backwards but I think I may be better off spreading it out than I am running compressed 21/12 personnel sets. Navy's team was big up front and I just got blown off the ball. My 2nd, 3rd and 4th WR have played a lot better than I thought they would, so spreading things out a bit might not be bad.