• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

year 10 week 14 adv monday night

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Went full @bruin228 in my game. Up tempo, 2x2 and 3x1 spread, chuck n duck. Threw 36 of 46 for 428 and 4 TD. Ran 28 times for 90 yards and 2 TD. 74 plays, 518 yards.

Pass protection is still atrocious, pass coverage is not very good, run game is perfect. The run game feels like a legit grind (as my stats above show), you really have to earn it and have numbers and option doesn't feel like an auto-gain vs the CPU. I took multiple TFL on option because an overhang player hung in and made a play rather than chased the dive man like was happening before. I still gashed the CPU with straight IZ but that's in part because the CPU never left two high.

Would really encourage everyone to think about restarting this from the beginning with 15-16 rosters. I'm not really sure people are grasping just how drastic the difference between the top 4-5 teams and the remaining teams is. It's bad. These user v user games are not fun at all and it takes a lot for me to say that because I LOVE user v user play. It feels like your entire team is running up hill with 100 pounds on their back against the top 4 teams and against the lower teams I feel like I'm not even being tested despite some REALLY good users controlling them. Sliders are only part of the equation, there is just a talent gap that cannot be overcome and no amount of slider tweaks are going to even that out. I want games to be user v user, not whoever has better talent wins.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Yeah, this OD needs a restart or a drastic overhaul. It is fucking absurd I can't go for a 4th and 5 inside the 30 against a team 15 OVR better than me. If you can't stop me with a bunch of mutants, you don't deserve to.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Yeah, this OD needs a restart or a drastic overhaul. It is fucking absurd I can't go for a 4th and 5 inside the 30 against a team 15 OVR better than me. If you can't stop me with a bunch of mutants, you don't deserve to.

Yeah I think there is a line between challenging and absurd and we're well beyond that line. I want challenging, I like having undermanned teams... but I don't understand how anyone is having fun with these games. Even those of you with 99 OVR teams, are you seriously having fun? Are these games not boring as hell for you? You recruit whoever you want, you replace fatigued, injured or graduating mutant players with more mutant players. You can take whatever you want uncontested regardless of what the opposing offense or defense is doing. We can tweak these sliders all we want, nothing is going to change that.

The distance between the top teams and remaining teams is huge. Surely you guys can see that. It looks small because the ratings are capped at 99, but that isn't a realistic representation of what the teams are. Like I told Walter, if you put the team ratings on a sliding scale with no cap, I bet there would be a 20-30 overall rating difference between the top teams and everyone else. That's just silly.

These games aren't user v user at all, there is no strategy happening, it is just sliders and jacked up rosters. I find it hard to believe people are enjoying this. I'm going into every game knowing the result is pre-determined and it'll take an act of god (ie QBA 5 going haywire) to change that. I know against the lesser teams that I'm going to torch them, regardless of the skill of the user (I crushed @bruin228 even though he and I always have close games) and I know going into the "99" OVR mutant teams I'm going to lose unless I can hold the ball 22 minutes or get some QBA 5 help. My lone user v user win against a 99 OVR team came because both of those were true.

Let's just restart with a good set of '15-16 rosters, let everyone get where they want to be WITH recruiting upgrades and go back to having legit, fair user vs user games. I wouldn't even be opposed to the few owners who stuck out this OD through its entirety getting some sort of bonus in the restarted OD. Whether it be an extra scholarship bonus or just first picks in teams, etc. We need to do something though because this sucks.

LEGEND

Got bad storms here... I tried playing but power kept flickering. So I'll play after work.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Can we plan on making this the last championship/bowl season and then restart? There are 11 people in the OD; at least 3 of us think this is miserable, 2 are on and off of auto-pilot and 1 is a new guy that has yet to play a game. We've managed to run off a few very good and consistently active owners because of the combination of unplayable sliders and unbearable user vs user experiences. We might as well get in a situation where everyone is in from the start, everyone is on relatively equal footing from a recruiting standpoint and we actually get conferences and schedules that are enjoyable.

I don't know about what the rest of your seasons looked like, but I only had 4 user games this season and all 4 were unbearable. I beat the two undermanned teams by 32 and 46, the second one so bad the user quit, and lost two games vs 99 OVR teams that I honestly never felt like I was ever going to win... and I led one of those games by two scores at one point.

Let whichever users stuck this out through its entirety have the first pick of teams. Use the OS Community rosters and go back to the base OS Community sliders we had used at the beginning. I think everyone would find things much more enjoyable.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
or, start another OD with new rosters, and leave this one the same for those of us who are enjoying it

Walter323

Can we plan on making this the last championship/bowl season and then restart? There are 11 people in the OD; at least 3 of us think this is miserable, 2 are on and off of auto-pilot and 1 is a new guy that has yet to play a game. We've managed to run off a few very good and consistently active owners because of the combination of unplayable sliders and unbearable user vs user experiences. We might as well get in a situation where everyone is in from the start, everyone is on relatively equal footing from a recruiting standpoint and we actually get conferences and schedules that are enjoyable.

I don't know about what the rest of your seasons looked like, but I only had 4 user games this season and all 4 were unbearable. I beat the two undermanned teams by 32 and 46, the second one so bad the user quit, and lost two games vs 99 OVR teams that I honestly never felt like I was ever going to win... and I led one of those games by two scores at one point.

Let whichever users stuck this out through its entirety have the first pick of teams. Use the OS Community rosters and go back to the base OS Community sliders we had used at the beginning. I think everyone would find things much more enjoyable.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I have no intention of retiring this OD. If you would like to start up a new one, feel free, I'm not stopping you.
My time for games is going to be getting slimmer for the next 3 months during wrestling season and I just wont have enough time for 3 OD. I'm sure if you started one up you would get some guys to play, recruit the shit out of OS, EA forum and probably get JSU and akcheeta back. But that's all your call.

LEGEND

@TXHusker05 you were wasting your time! Did you really think the guys who benefit from the sliders with 99 Ovr all teams... would agree to a restart? Makes it much easier on them... They know it's Damn near impossible for one of the lower tier teams to beat them!

They know you're limited in what you can do and the absurd boost their teams get assures that the odds are all in their favor. It's a win/win for them!

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
@TXHusker05 you were wasting your time! Did you really think the guys who benefit from the sliders with 99 Ovr all teams... would agree to a restart? Makes it much easier on them... They know it's Damn near impossible for one of the lower tier teams to beat them!

They know you're limited in what you can do and the absurd boost their teams get assures that the odds are all in their favor. It's a win/win for them!

IMO it has nothing to do with creating an unfair advantage. It's about keeping something going for something we are "attached to". It's not my fault that I have stuck it out with the same team and I have recruited well with the rules of the league (I turn away some really good players each year due to scholarship limits).

Bottom line is @Walter323 and I have talked about starting over and both us are of the same agreement. The people that want to stay as is (me, Flann, bluejay and walter) are basically split with those that want to start over (you, Tx, Bruin) with @Wpotty, @SandS2910 basically neutral.

Be great if we could have a set of sliders or a league that would make everyone happy, but as you know that would be damn well impossible with 10 different opinions. It is what it is.

Wpotty

IMO it has nothing to do with creating an unfair advantage. It's about keeping something going for something we are "attached to". It's not my fault that I have stuck it out with the same team and I have recruited well with the rules of the league (I turn away some really good players each year due to scholarship limits).

Bottom line is @Walter323 and I have talked about starting over and both us are of the same agreement. The people that want to stay as is (me, Flann, bluejay and walter) are basically split with those that want to start over (you, Tx, Bruin) with @Wpotty, @SandS2910 basically neutral.

Be great if we could have a set of sliders or a league that would make everyone happy, but as you know that would be damn well impossible with 10 different opinions. It is what it is.
I'll do whatever

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator

if you hadn't of changed teams five times, you would have a 99 team instead of the 96 you have now!

LEGEND

if you hadn't of changed teams five times, you would have a 99 team instead of the 96 you have now!
I changed teams once faggtastic!

And that was in an attempt to get XP... So nananana!
00cce7dccee0aa0f15f38bf3fd2e4960.jpg

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator

It isn't damn well impossible, it IS impossible. It isn't because of 10 different opinions, it is because 4 of you have teams that if put on a non-capped scale would be 20-30 OVR points or better than every other team in the OD. There is NO slider set that exists to make the game playable in a situation like that because it has never and could never be tested. There are no sliders that make it so normal teams like the 7 other members of this OD have can compete with teams that are "99" across the board with a 3 deep of upper-90s players. There just isn't. The only slider tweaks that make it so the rest of us can actually accomplish anything on either side of the ball only serve to make it easier for the rest of you, defeating the purpose.

What is the point to this? Where is the end? Just play until everyone leaves again? Run off every other good users until all the remains is the 4 of you with 99 OVR teams (again)? @bruin228 and I have very little difficulty beating anyone. When WE are the two saying just how unplayable this OD is, surely that should hold a little extra weight. I beat bruin by 5 touchdowns and his team isn't even that far behind mine, that's how drastic the differences between teams are. I've never had any problems being the undermanned team in an OD, I prefer it, but this isn't about being undermanned it is having the deck artificially stacked against you beyond recovery. No amount of time, slider or setting changes will fix that.

More than that, what on earth is the point of this when many of us only have 4 user games to begin with? If the whole point is user v user play and we 1) Have very few user v user games and 2) Those games aren't fun, what is the point? This is the most absurd thing. Are the four of you seriously having fun with this? You built up these teams against minimal user v user competition and made it so ANY users joining are immediately at a disadvantage. Is that fun? Most of you are beating the CPU by 7 touchdowns every week in between the rare user game which you dominate unless it is against another one of the 99 OVR teams. A couple of you are straight up exploiting the CPU for purposes of individual awards, which doesn't shock me because no one seems to care about enforcing the rules either. What possible enjoyment can you be getting out of that?

Just some thoughts. I can't rationalize the time spent on this OD. I know the rest of you see what the problem is and know that there is absolutely no way to fix it. The solution should NOT be "oh well, fuck it, works for us everyone else can deal with it." That's absurd. We're all adults here, surely we can think of better solutions. If you guys want to continue the OD for your recruited players, why don't the four of you do that separately and then do another OD where the user v user games are actually meaningful and competitive? The 4 of you are going to be all that is left in this OD before long anyway, I bet you guys could rip through a season every 3 weeks without any difficulty and continue that OD until the end of time. While we actually have a good set of users interested in playing, why not have an OD where the users involved are actually enjoying it and actually able to play each other?

LEGEND

so you are claiming you never played as miami and penn state?
Miami was when I originally joined.... I was Penn St when I came back to dyn. It was suggested I quit and rejoin to get xp... That's how I got Baylor.

LEGEND

It isn't damn well impossible, it IS impossible. It isn't because of 10 different opinions, it is because 4 of you have teams that if put on a non-capped scale would be 20-30 OVR points or better than every other team in the OD. There is NO slider set that exists to make the game playable in a situation like that because it has never and could never be tested. There are no sliders that make it so normal teams like the 7 other members of this OD have can compete with teams that are "99" across the board with a 3 deep of upper-90s players. There just isn't. The only slider tweaks that make it so the rest of us can actually accomplish anything on either side of the ball only serve to make it easier for the rest of you, defeating the purpose.

What is the point to this? Where is the end? Just play until everyone leaves again? Run off every other good users until all the remains is the 4 of you with 99 OVR teams (again)? @bruin228 and I have very little difficulty beating anyone. When WE are the two saying just how unplayable this OD is, surely that should hold a little extra weight. I beat bruin by 5 touchdowns and his team isn't even that far behind mine, that's how drastic the differences between teams are. I've never had any problems being the undermanned team in an OD, I prefer it, but this isn't about being undermanned it is having the deck artificially stacked against you beyond recovery. No amount of time, slider or setting changes will fix that.

More than that, what on earth is the point of this when many of us only have 4 user games to begin with? If the whole point is user v user play and we 1) Have very few user v user games and 2) Those games aren't fun, what is the point? This is the most absurd thing. Are the four of you seriously having fun with this? You built up these teams against minimal user v user competition and made it so ANY users joining are immediately at a disadvantage. Is that fun? Most of you are beating the CPU by 7 touchdowns every week in between the rare user game which you dominate unless it is against another one of the 99 OVR teams. A couple of you are straight up exploiting the CPU for purposes of individual awards, which doesn't shock me because no one seems to care about enforcing the rules either. What possible enjoyment can you be getting out of that?

Just some thoughts. I can't rationalize the time spent on this OD. I know the rest of you see what the problem is and know that there is absolutely no way to fix it. The solution should NOT be "oh well, fuck it, works for us everyone else can deal with it." That's absurd. We're all adults here, surely we can think of better solutions. If you guys want to continue the OD for your recruited players, why don't the four of you do that separately and then do another OD where the user v user games are actually meaningful and competitive? The 4 of you are going to be all that is left in this OD before long anyway, I bet you guys could rip through a season every 3 weeks without any difficulty and continue that OD until the end of time. While we actually have a good set of users interested in playing, why not have an OD where the users involved are actually enjoying it and actually able to play each other?
I've said a lot of what you're saying @TXHusker05... It's falling on deaf ears bro! They are enjoying it!

Why wouldn't they?

The deck is stacked in their favor! I guess amongst them.. they justify it by telling themselves we remained when all others left. So in their minds... it's our fault!

Walter323

Why don't YOU create another OD then? Why do I have to? Why does @NavyHog have to?

LEGEND

Don't forget west virginia
I did forget them... but WV/Penn St./Baylor where all tied in together. It was me trying to find a fit once I rejoined. It maybe Miami/Penn St./Baylor. I may have started as WV and took Miami when I rejoined.. I remember Navy recommendation on Miami

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
To answer one of your questions @TXHusker05 yes I am having fun with this dynasty. I respect your opinion, but maybe you should start another OD and see if @Akecheta @JSU Zack and @LEGEND want to join you. You are a good commissioner and then you can make it exactly the way you want. I'm tapped out with 2 ODs or otherwise I would join.

Walter and I have come up with some scholarship tiers to enable the lower ranked teams to sign more people in the Powerhouse. We also are going to go to one conference instead of having two conferences so we do listen to your input. However, we are not starting this one over.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
To answer one of your questions @TXHusker05 yes I am having fun with this dynasty. I respect your opinion, but maybe you should start another OD and see if @Akecheta @JSU Zack and @LEGEND want to join you. You are a good commissioner and then you can make it exactly the way you want. I'm tapped out with 2 ODs or otherwise I would join.

Walter and I have come up with some scholarship tiers to enable the lower ranked teams to sign more people in the Powerhouse. We also are going to go to one conference instead of having two conferences so we do listen to your input. However, we are not starting this one over.

What, exactly, are scholarship tiers supposed to do? Look at the rosters of the 4 teams in question, you guys could have five scholarships for the next two seasons and still be the best 4 teams in the league in the third season after it and it wouldn't be close. The problem is far beyond recruiting. The problem is that there is no possible combination of sliders that can make the game playable for both ends of the spectrum.

If you're legitimately trying to put the effort in to make this playable for everyone, here are some ideas that would actually help:

1) Allow the non-99 OVR teams to use OC/DC upgrades. Flann is already using OC upgrades (which explains a lot, by the way). If we can't get the sliders to play fairly because of the variations in team levels, allowing the non-99 OVR teams the use of however many OC/DC upgrades they have will help a little. It won't help much because I think everyone has just 4 of each, but it'll help a little, especially in one of the big problem areas which is player fatigue/stamina variations between top and bottom teams.

2) Forbid the 99 OVR teams from using any recruiting upgrades. Scholarship tiers does nothing, the rest of you are in a position where you're simply reloading. Actually forcing you guys to blind recruit or spend more points on scouting is actually something more useful.

3A) Rearrange the conferences in the current two conference format, but with last year's top-bottom alignment. Put the 4-5 99 OVR teams in one 8 team conference. Put the remaining teams in another 8 team conference. That would A) Ensure a consistent user game schedule so some of us don't play 4 and others play 7 and B) Ensure the 99 OVR teams play each other and the remaining teams play each other. You can add as many out of conference games as you want, that way 99 OVR vs All games don't impact conference results.

3B) Instead of separate conferences, have one 16 team conference with the 99 OVR teams in one division and the rest in the other. You'll get the same results, 99 OVR teams play each other, remaining teams play each other (plus two cross-division games). This time the end result would be a conference championship game where the best 99 OVR team and the best "of the rest" face each other for the conference championship.

One of these two realignment suggestions would help mitigate some of the slider problems because the majority of user vs user games being played are against teams of similar roster skill level and construction.

4) Actually enforce the rules. The very first new thread I saw in this OD when I rejoined was a thread about rule enforcement, because obviously this came up well before I rejoined, and yet it has yet to happen. I'm not sure when the focus of this OD went from realistic sim football to YOLO Ball™ but it has to stop. Quite a few of you are blatantly abusing CPU opponents for statistical gain, which has been against the rules since we first started doing ODs on Utopia. I've also seen a few of you using tactics in game that are blatantly exploiting gray areas in the rules. It is bad enough that the rest of us are having to play against jacked up mutant teams, it is worse when the users of those mutant teams are exploiting the game in one form or another.

5) Go back to an established, researched slider set. This shit ain't working.

If you guys are actually concerned about addressing the issues at hand, those are ways to help fix it. If you're just looking to dick around with jacked up mutant teams on your own, then I'm happy to move on.

Akecheta

I would play a new league that was based on player skill, not who wins the slider lottery.

Problem is a league with 4 members isnt fun.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
1) No. No one should use them. We advanced before Flan could fix it, but I think it's just 4-6

2) No one should go without scouting ability. What we have said is if you are 90 and below you can sign 25, 91-95 + 5, 96 and srs + 0. Also 90 and below unlimited 5-stars, 91-95 3 5-stars, and 96-99 only 1 5-star.

3) Some good ideas there.

4) Stop beating around the bush and name names plus specific incidents. Not to bust balls, but let's fix it. I also thought we addressed rule breakers. I don't see any problems with the user games I have had.

5) Sliders I just don't know. No clue. Other than some porous pass blocking at times, I don't see a problem.

Walter323

What, exactly, are scholarship tiers supposed to do? Look at the rosters of the 4 teams in question, you guys could have five scholarships for the next two seasons and still be the best 4 teams in the league in the third season after it and it wouldn't be close. The problem is far beyond recruiting. The problem is that there is no possible combination of sliders that can make the game playable for both ends of the spectrum.

If you're legitimately trying to put the effort in to make this playable for everyone, here are some ideas that would actually help:

1) Allow the non-99 OVR teams to use OC/DC upgrades. Flann is already using OC upgrades (which explains a lot, by the way). If we can't get the sliders to play fairly because of the variations in team levels, allowing the non-99 OVR teams the use of however many OC/DC upgrades they have will help a little. It won't help much because I think everyone has just 4 of each, but it'll help a little, especially in one of the big problem areas which is player fatigue/stamina variations between top and bottom teams.

2) Forbid the 99 OVR teams from using any recruiting upgrades. Scholarship tiers does nothing, the rest of you are in a position where you're simply reloading. Actually forcing you guys to blind recruit or spend more points on scouting is actually something more useful.

3A) Rearrange the conferences in the current two conference format, but with last year's top-bottom alignment. Put the 4-5 99 OVR teams in one 8 team conference. Put the remaining teams in another 8 team conference. That would A) Ensure a consistent user game schedule so some of us don't play 4 and others play 7 and B) Ensure the 99 OVR teams play each other and the remaining teams play each other. You can add as many out of conference games as you want, that way 99 OVR vs All games don't impact conference results.

3B) Instead of separate conferences, have one 16 team conference with the 99 OVR teams in one division and the rest in the other. You'll get the same results, 99 OVR teams play each other, remaining teams play each other (plus two cross-division games). This time the end result would be a conference championship game where the best 99 OVR team and the best "of the rest" face each other for the conference championship.

One of these two realignment suggestions would help mitigate some of the slider problems because the majority of user vs user games being played are against teams of similar roster skill level and construction.

4) Actually enforce the rules. The very first new thread I saw in this OD when I rejoined was a thread about rule enforcement, because obviously this came up well before I rejoined, and yet it has yet to happen. I'm not sure when the focus of this OD went from realistic sim football to YOLO Ball™ but it has to stop. Quite a few of you are blatantly abusing CPU opponents for statistical gain, which has been against the rules since we first started doing ODs on Utopia. I've also seen a few of you using tactics in game that are blatantly exploiting gray areas in the rules. It is bad enough that the rest of us are having to play against jacked up mutant teams, it is worse when the users of those mutant teams are exploiting the game in one form or another.

5) Go back to an established, researched slider set. This shit ain't working.

If you guys are actually concerned about addressing the issues at hand, those are ways to help fix it. If you're just looking to dick around with jacked up mutant teams on your own, then I'm happy to move on.

Recruiting tiers:
# of :star::star::star::star::star:
96-99 - 1 five star
90-95 - 3 five stars
Below - 5

96-99 OVR - Can only recruit to SRs and under 70 only (and then over if you have guys go to the NFL or transfer)
90-95 OVR - Plus 3
89 below - Sign 25 if you can

1. no- flan was gone when we were at the reset stage and decided to move along for a season allowing it in order to keep it moving
if you dont think our teams are effected by fatigue, why does the depth matter?
2. no - scouting is key to everybody
3. We have tried every possible conference alignment and you still complain. Next season we are going to a super conference. Big Ten will be the west, SEC will be the East. We tried the top teams on one side and you didn't like that either.
4. What rules are being broken? Don't be a pussy, call the people out that you are obviously pissy about.
5. Just went to your established slider set and like we have discussed, it is being tweaked as need be

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Recruiting tiers:
# of :star::star::star::star::star:
96-99 - 1 five star
90-95 - 3 five stars
Below - 5

96-99 OVR - Can only recruit to SRs and under 70 only (and then over if you have guys go to the NFL or transfer)
90-95 OVR - Plus 3
89 below - Sign 25 if you can

1. no- flan was gone when we were at the reset stage and decided to move along for a season allowing it in order to keep it moving
if you dont think our teams are effected by fatigue, why does the depth matter?
2. no - scouting is key to everybody
3. We have tried every possible conference alignment and you still complain. Next season we are going to a super conference. Big Ten will be the west, SEC will be the East. We tried the top teams on one side and you didn't like that either.
4. What rules are being broken? Don't be a pussy, call the people out that you are obviously pissy about.
5. Just went to your established slider set and like we have discussed, it is being tweaked as need be

The point isn't that you guys aren't impacted by fatigue, it is that you have 3-4 players deep of guys who would be the BEST player at the position on all of our teams. By letting the rest of us use OC and DC upgrades solely on the stamina upgrade, it helps cover the deficiencies that we cannot possibly overcome re: depth and recruiting. That is a common sense solution that doesn't even impact any actual gameplay or skill levels, we're talking fatigue to help the lower level teams keep their best players on the field. For some of us that means not having to play tight ends on the offensive line for an entire offensive position. If you're actually serious about keeping this league going with a full complement of players, it is the single best thing you could possibly do. It doesn't change anything except the lower level teams are able to keep players on the field.

Scouting is the key to everybody? Really? You guys have a 3 deep filled with 90+ overall players, what the christ does it matter for you? You seriously can't go without scouting? These top two solutions have NOTHING to do with gameplay, sliders or skill level, we're taking about two things to help assist the lower level teams in gaining ground to cover depth and recruiting failures by CPU controlled teams. They are the ONLY two ways. Your scholarship idea is absurd.

You haven't tried every possible conference alignment, you've tried two poorly thought out alignments. What we did last season and what I'm proposing are two completely different things. Having promotion-relegation as you put it in 2019 was absurd because 1) It didn't accurately reflect the previous season's results and 2) It was a 12 team conference which meant the teams in the bottom still had to play half their user games against the teams on top. My solution to fixing this problem and the corresponding inability to even out sliders, is to separate the two groups completely in either two conferences or a 16 team division with no cross overs. The result being you play the people in your group and ONE cross over game. Think of it as a round robin tournament bracket, with the winner of each playing against each other in either a championship or bowl. I specifically warned you that this would happen when you ignored my suggestion for alignment this season.

The sliders being used are NOT the complete set of OS Community sliders, they are only part of the sliders. I will note that the OS Community Sliders were just updated again today, you might want to take a look at those. The biggest change is going from a threshold of 1 to a threshold of 25. Something we might want to think about.

These changes don't impact your teams in any way, they simply make the game playable for everyone else and put the rest of us in a position to overcome the seasons of CPU induced bullshit that the team's we user endured. If you can't do something that basic, it is clear there is no hope for this OD.

Walter323

The point isn't that you guys aren't impacted by fatigue, it is that you have 3-4 players deep of guys who would be the BEST player at the position on all of our teams. By letting the rest of us use OC and DC upgrades solely on the stamina upgrade, it helps cover the deficiencies that we cannot possibly overcome re: depth and recruiting. That is a common sense solution that doesn't even impact any actual gameplay or skill levels, we're talking fatigue to help the lower level teams keep their best players on the field. For some of us that means not having to play tight ends on the offensive line for an entire offensive position. If you're actually serious about keeping this league going with a full complement of players, it is the single best thing you could possibly do. It doesn't change anything except the lower level teams are able to keep players on the field.

Scouting is the key to everybody? Really? You guys have a 3 deep filled with 90+ overall players, what the christ does it matter for you? You seriously can't go without scouting? These top two solutions have NOTHING to do with gameplay, sliders or skill level, we're taking about two things to help assist the lower level teams in gaining ground to cover depth and recruiting failures by CPU controlled teams. They are the ONLY two ways. Your scholarship idea is absurd.

You haven't tried every possible conference alignment, you've tried two poorly thought out alignments. What we did last season and what I'm proposing are two completely different things. Having promotion-relegation as you put it in 2019 was absurd because 1) It didn't accurately reflect the previous season's results and 2) It was a 12 team conference which meant the teams in the bottom still had to play half their user games against the teams on top. My solution to fixing this problem and the corresponding inability to even out sliders, is to separate the two groups completely in either two conferences or a 16 team division with no cross overs. The result being you play the people in your group and ONE cross over game. Think of it as a round robin tournament bracket, with the winner of each playing against each other in either a championship or bowl. I specifically warned you that this would happen when you ignored my suggestion for alignment this season.

The sliders being used are NOT the complete set of OS Community sliders, they are only part of the sliders. I will note that the OS Community Sliders were just updated again today, you might want to take a look at those. The biggest change is going from a threshold of 1 to a threshold of 25. Something we might want to think about.

These changes don't impact your teams in any way, they simply make the game playable for everyone else and put the rest of us in a position to overcome the seasons of CPU induced bullshit that the team's we user endured. If you can't do something that basic, it is clear there is no hope for this OD.
c8d08e3b844313fda483de8ed7baa671.jpg

Akecheta

@TXHusker05 its simple and its why I quit the leagues. You have the guys getting the benefits of the sliders saying "I don't see a problem here." @bruin228 was one of those until he left and came back and sees what its like on the other side. You have the a few willing to speak out, some that spoke up but then changed their mind when the vote came and those who get tired of beating their head against a brick wall and leave.

Two things are pretty clear. The guys who get the advantage will not vote to give those up period. The guys who get the disadvantage will not win/or quit wanting an equal playing field.

So you have two choices.... Quit and start your own or keep playing knowing you can't win a majority of the time and try to enjoy the other aspects.

Wpotty

My Internet is being gay rn. Logged in and kicked me out twice. I'll keep trying

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator

Recruiting is my favorite part of the game. Recruiting without being able to scout not going to happen. Not going to punish half the league with this restriction (Sands has a 99 team too at Cal).

Scholarship idea is not "absurd". It's not what you want, but not absurd.

Last edited: