• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Yankee's Compendium of Draft Grades

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
'Varies year to year in draft competence"

Did LRM take a good player that I've somehow overlooked, or did you mean they vary between terribly incompetent to abnormally incompetent?

LEACH-F-U.gif

Soonerfan09

1-1 Moscow selects: Trevor 'Hobo' Mintey, 21yo RHP, UCLA(RSA)

New Moscow GM Soonerfan09 inherited the #1 overall and managed to land a top tier talent for it. Mintey is an advanced college arm who can run the radar up to 100. He has a wipeout slider and his changeup has the potential to set up the other two pitches well, though it lags behind a bit as he didn't need to use it much in college play. Mintey shows next-level control and poise on the mound even now, and could probably slot in a WBL rotation now (though he shouldn't). It's tough to envision a scenario where Mintey doesn't become an everyday starter, and he has the potential to be a perennial all-star. Grade: A

1-8 Moscow(via MIA) selects: Isaac Henty, 20yo SS, Long Beach(SKN)

Moscow got a prospect haul and still managed to pick up a great prospect in Henty. He has great speed and provides very solid defense up the middle. Scouts are conflicted on his bat, and that'll determine his long term value. He has a great approach at the plate and could potentially be a league average bat, with a slight deficiency in home runs. That's more than enough to win multiple WARS and be an anchor up the middle for years to come for Moscow. His offense did decline a bit last year though, and if it continues, it could relegate henty to a utility role. Even then, he would be a great bench player and he's developed enough that it's safe to call that his floor. Grade: A+

1-1 Moscow (via IST) selects: Ramon 'Mountain Man' Iglesias, 18yo 3B, Toledo(PR)

Moscow made a draft day trade with Istanbul to move up two slots, dealing from their middle infield depth. With the draft having a clear top 2, any WBL career by Kinney would not invalidate this move. Iglesias for his part has been excellent on the HS circuit, accumulating 21.7 WAR in 4 years, batting over .400 and averaging in the high 30s in stolen bases. He has great bat speed and the ability to spray the ball to all fields, but the real appeal is his advanced approach at the plate. His BB% was hovering in the 20s, and his K% around 6%, when most players were the opposite. He lacks in power, and should only snag 5-10 hr a season, but that's more than fine for one of the better leadoff prospects to come out of high school in years. Most people will be quick to compare him to fellow HS 1-1 Andres Andrade, and like Gold Mine, Iglesias will need to work to improve his defense. Either way, expect a long and fruitful career for Mountain Man. Grade: A+

images

Wolfman21

1-12 Kabul selects: Vicente Lousa, 21yo RHSP, Florida(BRA)

Lousa is one of those rare guys with 6 pitches, and it's even rarer that all 6 are considered average or plus. He gets grounders at a 62% rate and operates in the mid 90s. There are some concerns about work ethic, and his command will need to come along, but Lousa is already pretty solid given his college numbers. Grade: A-

According to my scout, his control is already 60/60 and he is a 60/60/60 potential pitcher. Only concern I have is his makeup either causing issues with his development/play or causing issues on the team. Seems i have alot of those type guys coming up through my system. Miguel Gonzalez' new personality description is "The Merchant of Venom"....lmao....i see no issues there

Soonerfan09

1-1 Moscow selects: Trevor 'Hobo' Mintey, 21yo RHP, UCLA(RSA)

New Moscow GM Soonerfan09 inherited the #1 overall and managed to land a top tier talent for it. Mintey is an advanced college arm who can run the radar up to 100. He has a wipeout slider and his changeup has the potential to set up the other two pitches well, though it lags behind a bit as he didn't need to use it much in college play. Mintey shows next-level control and poise on the mound even now, and could probably slot in a WBL rotation now (though he shouldn't). It's tough to envision a scenario where Mintey doesn't become an everyday starter, and he has the potential to be a perennial all-star. Grade: A

1-8 Moscow(via MIA) selects: Isaac Henty, 20yo SS, Long Beach(SKN)

Moscow got a prospect haul and still managed to pick up a great prospect in Henty. He has great speed and provides very solid defense up the middle. Scouts are conflicted on his bat, and that'll determine his long term value. He has a great approach at the plate and could potentially be a league average bat, with a slight deficiency in home runs. That's more than enough to win multiple WARS and be an anchor up the middle for years to come for Moscow. His offense did decline a bit last year though, and if it continues, it could relegate henty to a utility role. Even then, he would be a great bench player and he's developed enough that it's safe to call that his floor. Grade: A+

1-1 Moscow (via IST) selects: Ramon 'Mountain Man' Iglesias, 18yo 3B, Toledo(PR)

Moscow made a draft day trade with Istanbul to move up two slots, dealing from their middle infield depth. With the draft having a clear top 2, any WBL career by Kinney would not invalidate this move. Iglesias for his part has been excellent on the HS circuit, accumulating 21.7 WAR in 4 years, batting over .400 and averaging in the high 30s in stolen bases. He has great bat speed and the ability to spray the ball to all fields, but the real appeal is his advanced approach at the plate. His BB% was hovering in the 20s, and his K% around 6%, when most players were the opposite. He lacks in power, and should only snag 5-10 hr a season, but that's more than fine for one of the better leadoff prospects to come out of high school in years. Most people will be quick to compare him to fellow HS 1-1 Andres Andrade, and like Gold Mine, Iglesias will need to work to improve his defense. Either way, expect a long and fruitful career for Mountain Man. Grade: A+
images

Henty was such a bust. Mintey was solid in the regular season, GOAT in the playoffs. Injuries destroyed Iglesias.

Wolfman21

According to my scout, his control is already 60/60 and he is a 60/60/60 potential pitcher. Only concern I have is his makeup either causing issues with his development/play or causing issues on the team. Seems i have alot of those type guys coming up through my system. Miguel Gonzalez' new personality description is "The Merchant of Venom"....lmao....i see no issues there

Lousa was average during the season. But LOUSA MAGIC was real in the postseason.