• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

XFL 2018 thread

Wolfman21

kickoffs
extra points
10 minute halftimes
effort level
sideline interviews

dislikes:

obvious dropoff in talent level(can't really help this so i don't really hold it against them)
sideline interviews(just way too many...maybe one every other posession instead of one every change of posession.)

my short thoughts after watching a couple quarters.

worst2first

I watched a little of the first game with my dad and it was not terrible. I'll probably watch Dallas play tomorrow.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Is that Ricky Proehl's kid?

Edit: yup. Thought he seemed familiar. Had a cup of coffee with the Rams. Pop won a ring with the STL Rams.
My dad had one of those sports boomer nicknames for Proehl regarding his injury proneness, but I can't remember (something along the lines of PORKERS @bruin @bruin228 @bruindad @bruindad228)

I do remember we called Chris Chandler Chris Chandelier, but I wouldn't know what a Chandelier was for like 6 years after hearing the nickname

Wolfman21

My dad had one of those sports boomer nicknames for Proehl regarding his injury proneness, but I can't remember (something along the lines of PORKERS @bruin @bruin228 @bruindad @bruindad228)

I do remember we called Chris Chandler Chris Chandelier, but I wouldn't know what a Chandelier was for like 6 years after hearing the nickname

My parents called jimmy johnson, "brylcreem", due to his hair always being perfectly coiffed

Wolfman21

Most of the unis are pretty shitty. I like the dragons' helmet the best. But for the most part, its a bunch of yuck

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
All of the team names sound like they were copied from some early 90's Turbo Grafx 16 football game. Battlehawks? Dragons? Defenders and Guardians? Lame.

At least Houston Roughnecks makes sense in that the oil industry is a prominent part of Houston's economy and history.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
All of the team names sound like they were copied from some early 90's Turbo Grafx 16 football game. Battlehawks? Dragons? Defenders and Guardians? Lame.

At least Houston Roughnecks makes sense in that the oil industry is a prominent part of Houston's economy and history.
They sound like the gang names in Streets of Rage or something

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Hope the Wildcats go winless this year. They're not from Manhattan or Tucson, they can piss off! wwwwwww!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The other thing the DC Defenders got right is calling it DC over Washington. Local VORTEXERS don’t call the city Washington, and I’m not not sure if locals ever did. Not in the last 40 years.

I also think the Wizards desperately need to rebrand, and if they won’t bring back Bullets they should just go full AAU and call the team The District with no nickname.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Wizards is a great name so I hope they wouldn't change that. Branding is horrible tho - If you're called the wizards you should roll with it and go full Harry Potter.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The branding at this point is basically back in line with the city and Bullets heritage, but they are hanging on to that awful name for no reason at all.

bruin

They should have been the Vatos

chingon hermano @kella

tenor.gif

worst2first

Dallas should have been the Desperados but Jerry Jones trademarked or patented it or copyrighted or whatever you do to make sure no one else can use something without paying you. The old AFL franchise had a nice logo that included the Cowboys' star.

1581288748746.png

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

He was one of ma’favorite players on the best Broncos team ever... then I was at the Baltimore game when he made the worst mistake a free safety has ever made for Denver, lol.

It just hurt so bad. Strike 1

Then the next year THE SNAP derailed everything and Peyton went all ANGRY DAD and the team responded like abused children.

That was the 2nd strike

Then Tularemia rabbit weekend ended it all. He’s out!