• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

XCOM2 Interactive Dynasty

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
there is a mod that lets you select what you want them to rank fwiw

I'm not using mods in the first play, but I did just build the "Guerrilla Training School" so I can train recruits as whatever I want them to be from here on out (Started training @worst2first) as a medic.

I think having you as a Grenadier is great, though. Different than the last role you had for my squad and I think smashing stuff with a grenade launcher and explosives fits you well :laughing: Reel, pure destruction.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I think you need the AWC to unlock more slots. You'll need them very soon or you are gonna get murdered.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think you need the AWC to unlock more slots. You'll need them very soon or you are gonna get murdered.

The extra slots are under the GTS and I need a sergeant to unlock it. I had to run one more mission with 4 players, but at the end of that mission I believe I had a sergeant so I should have 5 from here on out.

Schauwn

To me, it looked like I was successful on that hack, to me.

EDIT: Also, you can evac 1 by 1. There is a mod that lets you evac-all though.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
We're going to have a SURPRISE DOUBLE FEATURE SHOWING today!

The first vidya doesn't have any mission gameplay, so it is just a bonus. I discuss the 4 new recruits I've added to the game database and give a brief overview of each. Then I get back into the actual game and we progress through about 10 minutes of backstory that seems pretty important to the overall narrative of the game, so if you are interested in that shit you can give it a view. If you aren't interested, then I'll post the actual gameplay vidya a bit later.

@Sink, @chibob, @OU11 and @ZackMills character creation is covered in this vidya.

I have no clue what @Sink looks like, and the default charachter that showed up was pretty flamboyant, so I added some green hair and glasses and a bandana and stuck with it.... Here is Kitchen "Sink" Sink:
29353307575_76c8f59d1b_b.jpg

Next up we've got Chicago "Chibob" Robert. Other than the scowl, I think he's about as good a representation as you can make with the limited facial structures available. Not too bad... Just imagine he's scowling because some plebe scratched his car:
28732369993_8552fc2bd2_b.jpg

Then we've got Jesse "Zackmills" Katsopolis. I considered making him greek, but was worried @Yankee151 would kill him. His facial structure and hair were as good as I could do (Looks like Uncle Jesse on meth), but I think he's got the right attitude and the piercing green eyes that we all expect from this childhood hearthrob...

28732369823_05fed86f17_b.jpg

Last but Certainly not least, we've got Leroy "OU11" JENKINS. He will obviously be trained as an assault trooper but never given any good weapons. "Alright Chumps... Lets do this.... LERRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYY JEEEEEEENKINS"

29353307395_66484429a6_b.jpg

God Damnit Leeroy

Leeroy you Moron

Leeroy you are just stupid as hell

*BTW, I was a little worried that these late additions to the character pool wouldn't make it into the game, but they did! @chibob and @ZackMills have been added to the active roster.

S

Sink

I started to make Calvin, but then you looked too much like Cmart.
I thought I had a picture of me in the "Show me your selfies" thread but maybe that was the old board. I like the green hair and bandanna, I look like a try hard Suicide Squad copycat.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
There isn't much to say about this mission other than we had our first Utopian fatality and it was terribly sad. @Irishman, @Schauwn, @Reel and @osick87 took part in this mission. 2 left unscathed, one left gravely injured, and one left in a bag. The death was especially sad as it was the result of trying to be too caring and kind and getting surprised by a new alien type, the faceless shapeshifter.

Mission actually starts at about 5:15, I play dress up for a bit before that.

29353307065_1b916f54ba_b.jpg

28732369593_0cd8ac2b33_b.jpg

29353307205_d24c2f84bd_b.jpg

RIP ROOKIE OSICK, you were too just kind for this brave new world where Canadians are brutally slaughtered for attempting to rescue the innocent.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@11:15 "Osick, I'm going to put you in a little bit of a vulnerable position here, but you'll be able to rescue some people next turn." Prescient vision I had even if he didn't die immediately :( :( :( Ironic that I actually moved him into really good cover and had him on overwatch when he got killed.

@13:50 The shapeshifter changes "oh no, that's not good"
@14:00 "Oh good lord"
@14:35 Osick gets a defensive shot against the behemoth, but his little pea shooter only does 3 damage. God only knows why the creature bypasses @Schauwn completely?

I feel pretty proud of how I negotiated the next turn doe, because otherwise @Schauwn would have died for sure if I didn't take a big risk by having him target the alien mind controlling Reel so that Reel could turn his more powerful gun on teh big beast. @Reel was clutch as always, and @Irishman ran through a fusillade, taking damage, and then made a 100 yard shot with the shotgun to save the day. Was honestly really lucky that all came together.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
After thinking on it, if there is a class to just bee a blitzkrieg force Leroy can go that route, otherwise use him as a pawn like you were going to

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He'll be the assault/shock trooper like Irishman. Runs in with his sword and fucks shit up (or dies)

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here is WHISKEY PLAY VIDYA 9. Nothing happens here other than some bullshit between missions, if you like watching me stutter then go ahead and watch, bitch.

Here is an actual mission for Vidya 10!

We've got @Reel, @Clintmartian, @worst2first, @Schauwn, and @ZackMills

Participating in this mission. I'm gonna go ahead and give a bit of a spoiler, we kicked some ASSSSSS and Zackmills was the MVP. FLAWLESS MY RIGGERS

29266794182_fb16dbbb20_b.jpg

29296201751_d65779f241_b.jpg

29266787682_aaef7b443d_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Vidya 11, just a bunch of action on the mothership, no missions here. Watch if ur a true nerd but I probably make a few mistakes on the strategic side of things.

Vidya 12 was a bit of a clusterfuck, I started it and then ran out of diskspace for my recording. I only made it a few turns in, but I had to stop and re-start the mission so I could record.

@worst2first @Reel @Irishman @chibob @adchester were all along for the ride on this mission.

And, RIP WORST :( Just really unfortunate turn of events where ur teammates had some bad shooting and then the CPU chose to pick on you with 2 straight attacks and hit on both. I'll have to make ZOMBIE WORST because I still need a medic, lol.

29445626366_a855958894_b.jpg

29445626116_d5c0f248e5_b.jpg

28855432924_c6778b23e4_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
"Never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."

Tough mission. It started off pretty well, but I got a little scatter brained and we got caught with our proverbial pants down and eventually the massacre was on when we had a couple tough breaks start to domino. RIP @Soonerfan09 @Clintmartian @ZackMills @fignuts all KIA. @Schauwn is MIA presumed KIA. BLOODBATH.

I'm not sure how we can really recover from a mission like this, especially with the other half of our soldiers still dealing with long term injuries as it is. I think I've only got 1 fit soldier left, so I'm going to have to scrape together some recruits for sure... but I'm afraid having to pay $25 per recruit will just set me back a long way in the meta game. Can't afford to just lose an entire squad, especially when 4 of them had experience.

Mission starts at about 6:30

29404290752_7d0f4473bc_b.jpg

29223232690_31541087bf_b.jpg

29404290592_2106b67f7e_b.jpg

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I had about 300 hours of whiskey plays I'd neglected to delete, lol. You kinda forget about that shit with 1TB and then 2 years of whiskey plays later and here we are.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
Now things are getting interesting because you have decisions to make about how to best spend your resources Lol

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Part 1, just some maintenance and depression around the ship.

Part 2 is an actual mission. Headed out on this one with shitty ass @adchester, the sniper who can't hit the broad side of a barn and 4 rookies. @OU11 @Travis7401SUCKSDICK @Sink and @kella. Fortunately, we upgraded to magnetic rail gun weapons and that really helped out. Finished the VIP extraction with an EXCELLENT result, no deaths and only 2 soldiers wounded.

Kella picked up 3 kills and Leroy picked up 2, the rookies TravisSucksDick and Sink both got in on the action with a kill each as well. Kella, OU, and Travis are also well on their way to another promotion!

28888100684_66959ddb06_b.jpg

29404290372_b9b114c812_b.jpg

28888100474_d6a34db9ff_b.jpg

I'm going to have some whiskey drinks and play more tonight, so I'll get some more recordings!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Base management shit for vidya 16

Vidya 17 we have to hijack an advent transport that is booby trapped.

@kella @OU11 @Wolfman21 @Yankee151 and @Travis7401SUCKSDICK were on this mission. We did pretty well overall, @Wolfman21 was the only one who got wounded, but we managed to grab the package and get out without any deaths. Everyone also earned a promotion. By completing this mission we earned 88 intel and stopped the advent shit counter from advancing.

29597493775_8f5b31d85c_b.jpg

29516851901_fb6186e480_b.jpg

29307249230_ff752fe629_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I still think we're fucked in the meta-game, as the advent counter is already depressingly high and we don't even have power setup or relays or anything we need to really stop it from continuing to advance. Plus I don't even have armor researched, lol.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I still think we're fucked in the meta-game, as the advent counter is already depressingly high and we don't even have power setup or relays or anything we need to really stop it from continuing to advance. Plus I don't even have armor researched, lol.

You really fucked up the research order.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Researched armor, but I don't have enough advent troop corpses to build it (sold some to buy new recruits). In my last 3 missions I've encountered exactly 0 advent troops. Every enemy is higher ranked now :laughing:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Vidya 18, we do some stuff

Vidya 19, we fail to rescue enough civilians in a retribution/revenge mission. @Reel @kella @Yankee151 @Irishman and @OU11 were all along for this one. Even though we lost the mission I feel pretty damn fortunate to have everyone make it out alive. This was almost a complete and utter disaster, even though I tried to play it safer after getting @osick87 murdered in the previous revenge mission. At one point I thought that I thought erryone was going to die for sure.

29583641906_0a625720a1_b.jpg

29507833682_8ecc8b5905_b.jpg

29507833522_5d81a37234_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here's vidya 20 mostly just boring between mission stuff, but you can at least see a ZOMBIE_WORST in the thumbnail. @worst2first shall have a triumphant return from the dead as a new rookie.

Vidya 21 is a mission where we protected a transmitter from an Alien attack. @Yankee151, @Wolfman21, @Reel, @Irishman, and @OU11 were on this mission. Operation CRYPT BEAST was a flawless success, with the device successfully protected, 11 aliens killed and 0 wounded or dead for the XCOM team.

29583641336_5b8917b370_b.jpg

29507833042_fafb19580d_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
In that mission in Vidya 17 you are the only one who gets hurt.... Anyway, I was whiskey drunk and said something like "And only Wolfman got wounded, so who cares, right?" Then I realize you of all people might actually watch this, since you did seem to like the first set of XCOM vidyas, so I have a whiskey pause as I realize this and say something like "Just kidding wolfman..... uhh.... we all care about you?"

:laughing:

Start at about 15:15 to see the bit in question

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He's gonna be out of action for a bit, lol. I'll try to post a vidya today then I'll be out on vacation for the weekend.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Vidya 22 is just mothership stuff, research, etc

Vidya 23 is a supply raid mission! @Yankee151 @OU11 @worst2first (zombie) @Reel and @chibob took part in this one.

This was a crazy mission in that we were introduced to a new type of alien and we also were able to successfully use the SKULL JACK to JACK THE SKULL of an alien. This mission nearly ended in complete disaster with the entire crew getting killed. @worst2first was especially lucky to make it out of this one alive, the aliens really seem to have it out for any "Worst" character I've ever created and they instantly targeted him, lol. @OU11's LEROY JENKINS was able to save the day and stop him from bleeding and and even revive worst!

Unfortunately, Leroy then was out of luck when it came to his own health. The week minded @Yankee151 succumbed to mind control and attacked and killed then noble Leroy Jenkins. It was a real horrifying outcome. I was so mad at Yankee that I almost killed his dumbass instead of the alien controlling him. @OU11 even had a chance to kill the mind controlled yankee the turn before and didn't! Then yankee promptly ran downstairs and hacked Leroy in two, causing chibob to panic like a wuss (start watching 32:45 mark). Then to make matters even worse, the aliens reanimated the corpse of leroy and started to use him against us! Only the calming BTT influence of @Reel saved us in the end.

29507832912_73fdc96b8e_b.jpg

29583641116_ed3c9a6e52_b.jpg

29507832822_9633a7c384_b.jpg