• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

XCOM Enemy Within Dynasty (Now Interactive!)

S

Sink

I'll volunteer if you need another at any point. Think I may go home today and buy XCOM as a little Christmas present to myself, this looks really interesting.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
DRUNK XCOM TERROR MISSION. I can't remember the name of Chryssalids, so I do lots of slurring about "bug things"

Mission Recap
WELCOME @Schauwn, you had a good solid mission, getting some kills. @Yankee151 still pwnning everything that moves. @Reel wanders around for half the mission lost, not surprising. @fignuts provides Aid and comfort to all.... but misses a 96% chance shot at one point, lol. @Soonerfan09 has a relatively quiet mission, but does manage to shoot some aliens. I put @osick87 in a dangerous position and he gets blasted by a cyberdisk with a super heavy plasma weapon! Watch to see if he survives....

XCOM Terror Mission

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Moar Whiskey play!

Did a covert agent extract against the EXALT forces, who are now thoroughly outclassed by my troops. I played conservatively and just guarded one room while letting the EXALT operatives stumble into the kill zone. Defensive missions are fun against inept AI, lol.

Those who are taking part in tonight's mission:

@Soonerfan09 @Reel @osick87 @fignuts @Kella @Yankee151 @TravisSucksDick7401

Schauwn

What's youre strategy early game with regards to mission choosing? I just got thrown the option of:

country with 2 panic: $200 reward
country with 1 panic: 4 scientists
country with 1 panic: 4 engineers

my inclination is the country with 2 panic, just to keep panic down and that's what screwed me my last play thru

Soonerfan09

What's youre strategy early game with regards to mission choosing? I just got thrown the option of:

country with 2 panic: $200 reward
country with 1 panic: 4 scientists
country with 1 panic: 4 engineers

my inclination is the country with 2 panic, just to keep panic down and that's what screwed me my last play thru

I always go for panic reduction or if all things are equal, I usually go with money.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I always go for panic reduction/ease of mission first. If all things are equal Engineers can give you a really great perk when you are trying to build important facilities or more satellites/uplinks, especially early in the game as those pre-reqs essentially prevent you from advancing in the story. Later in the game I'd go more for money. Never scientists, they don't really provide as much of a bonus toward any of the end game goals. I also love when they give you an advanced recruit with a specialty like Heavy or something. Having a new guy step right in at Captain can be huge.

tl;dr
Panic > Engineer > Good Recruit > Money > Bad Recruit > Scientist

Soonerfan09

I forgot about getting new recruits. Getting a Captain or even Sergeant after taking casualties is money. Hard to turn that down.

I never had the problem of not having enough engineers to build things, it was always money, which is why I go money first. I agree about never going with scientists. In my current game, I've researched every possible thing there is to research and still have a decent ways to go.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My first play through was pretty similar. I rotated people a lot more and lost a lot more soldiers early so they didn't advance as well.

With this playthrough, after the horrible mission where Reel1, Trog, Thea, and Worst all died I don't think I've lost another soldier and that has allowed them to become very advanced. I really like the squad now, as Yankee is now basically a destructive force providing overwatch and is never in much danger due to squad sight. Reel and Soonerfan are basically unkillable with heavy armor, lightning reflexes, and the "close defense" shots they get against enemies that charge them (which really helps against reapers). The heavy class isn't as important in endgame as it is early, but Osick still finds use every mission with his rockets and grenades by suppressing and wearing down on multiple enemies with one shot. Schauwn is somewhat vulnerable in the scout-sniper role in that I carry him closer to the front than I'd like to make him useful, but so far having another sniper has come in handy a bunch and his beacons have also helped me unlock enemy forces before they can see me, which then makes yankee's power even better. Then Fignuts and Kella have been holding it down as medics now that they've each got multiple medkits.

Schauwn

Yeah, I didn't know that I could keep waiting on the Alien Base mission, and just kind of assumed that if you waited too long it would disappear and increase the panic like the other missions.

Schauwn

Holy crap, when you triggered the mech with everyone needing to reload, I thought you were screwed worse than you ended up

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Holy crap, when you triggered the mech with everyone needing to reload, I thought you were screwed worse than you ended up

That's the sort of thing that happens in a whiskey play :laughing: I'm definitely getting complacent and sloppy during a lot of missions and somehow I keep getting bailed out by pure good luck. I played an Exalt mission last night and completely dicked the dog by breaking one of my most important Ironman rules and.... nothing bad happened because the AI got confused and then missed a bunch.

Reel

Off dem Milds and dat Yak
Community Liaison
OK, so this game is really fun

I have a couple of questions

1) what priority do you place on upgrades? In other words, infantry, base?

I just lost because too many nations pulled out lol. But I know one of the reasons why I wasn't successful because I had no clear vision about how I wanted to play. I was just buying upgrades all willy-nilly wasting money in the process. I'm thinking I should've been upgrading the base more especially early on in the game while the difficulty was still relatively easy

2) Do you like to do missions that focus on money, engineers, or scientists.? What priority do you place on those?

3) How many medics do you like to roll with?

Good news is, my Reel character never died lol

Milo

I have a couple playthroughs under my belt. General tips:

Get satellites up. That should be your primary objective. After that work on weapons and armor. Early game(no matter the difficulty) is typically the hardest part of the game unless you get behind. Once you get a few solider upgrades, get laser weapons/heavier armor, you should begin rolling.

Panic > Engineers > Money > Scientists. Obviously circumstances can alter your priorities, but that's my default preference.

I typically rolled with one support. Default full squad would look like- Heavy, Heavy(or Mech), Assault, Assault, Support, Sniper. Early game, one of each.

Assaults dominate once they get lightning reflexes, rapid-fire(or whatever the double shot is called). With randomized skill trees, they can get really ridiculous. Snipers are a close second with squad sight, execution and double-tap.

Last edited:

Reel

Community Liaison
The large amount of missed shots from point blank range is beyond frustrating

Reel

Community Liaison
Got me an enemy within dynasty in the works. All black squad

The US Navy Reels

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@Milo got this bro. I didn't see his tips before, but that's spot on.

Early game your Heavy is going to be the most important and you'll have to babby your snipers. Late game your snipers become Gods and your heavy is just used to help wear enemies down.

Fuck, I forgot to upload the rest of that base assault mission, will do that tonight.

Reel

Community Liaison
Enemy within is less forgiving than enemy unknown

And lawd at those aliens who turn invisible. Someone please tell me you can steal that technology after you've done an autopsy

Reel

Community Liaison
I was playing mission and damn near guys were killed in less than three moves

I went back to the ship with the remaining two guys

Reel

Community Liaison
I didn't record those as I was just messing around playing dress up with my soldiers, but I'm going to try and record something tonight after I work out

Reel

Community Liaison
Got me an enemy within dynasty in the works. All black squad

The US Navy Reels
hmseOb8.jpg

ZRggs9d.jpg

ZackMills

Have mercy
You have three Weirds, two of which are snipers, one of which has a fu manchu and a bulge in the pants bigger than yours. Who is that?

Reel

Community Liaison
Ahhh let's ignore the female to the far right because surely, that can't be the sniper modelled after his daughter. No way.