• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

World Cup- Semifinal thread

worst2first

We should really call ours Throwball, but it sounds kind of stupid. Just like a league called Major League Soccer.

I've never really thought about it but you make a good point. I mean, I know that they wanted to be sure to differentiate themselves from Minor League Soccer, wait a minute...

Yes, this name makes no sense.

ZeekLTK

This thread has been gold, Jerry, gold!

While we're making ridiculous soccer football oh hell whatever you want to call it ball suggestions, why not add Plexiglas walls like in hockey? It would eliminated lost time due to throw ins and watching players get smashed into them would increase the entertainment value.

We have those for our indoor league, they are "meh".

Orlando%20Header.JPG

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
So the Dutch take 88 minutes to score against Mexico, can't score in 240 minutes their last two matches then get a PK in under 100 seconds against Brazil?

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
this is just what I need. Dutch win, Argentina win by something other than PK's and I think I'm taking down an office pool that would be about a weeks worth of gross pay for a seattle minimum wage worker under the new rates. if I don't win the pool I'll get the wages of a minimum wage worker after the automatic hamburger assembly machines take over.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
If this ref wasn't so pro Brazil it'd be reel e. ugly.

EDIT: So he gives Brazil a ton of bogus FKs and then doesn't give a real PK AND gives a diving yellow? Lawd

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

The Dutch didn't lose in this World Cup cycle.

Nine wins and one draw in qualifying.
Five wins and two draws at the finals.

Still no trophy.