• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

World Cup Group H (ALG RUS BEL RSK)

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Should be a very interesting group. I think Algeria and South Korea have been underestimated a fair bit, this could be a Group C style affair where all 4 teams have a good chance of advancing. Maybe to all get smacked by the two Group G teams, that is. Belgium are the seed, and it'll be interesting to see how they perform without dedicated fullbacks, and if Hazard can play like he does for Chelsea. Russia lost their best player and will miss him dearly. South Korea are young but could advance as they did in 2010, and Algeria are real wild cards that I think will make some noise with their style (and the fact that they are generally acclimated well to high temperatures.)

Interestingly, the Russia-South Korea game will actually be played after Brazil's second game of the tournament. Can't remember that ever happening before.

June 17th
Belgium-Algeria (Belo Horizonte)
Russia-South Korea (Cuiaba)
June 22nd
Belgium-Russia (Rio)
Algeria-South Korea (Porto Alegre)
June 26th
South Korea-Belgium (Sao Paolo)
Algeria-Russia (Curitiba)

My predictions:
Belgium 2-1-0 7 pts
Algeria 1-1-1 4pts
Russia 0-2-1 3pts
South Korea 0-1-2 1pt

Lineups
Algeria: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/06/10/algeria-young-and-mobile/
Belgium: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/06/10/belgium-can-they-succeed-without-proper-full-backs/
Russia: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/06/10/russia-world-cup-2014/
South Korea:
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2014/06/10/south-korea-organised-but-prone-to-mistakes/

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Apart from the bad maths, this group is about as lopsided as there is in the competition... Just putting it out there so as this thread doesn't look mega-stupid come the knockout stages.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I will let you know how I liked that article when I finish it next year

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I didnt know Van Buyten could still play. I think im faster

Their lineup looks star studded enough though. Just Mertens, Mirallas, Januzaj the snubs but good players in their place.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Seems like Belgium think they're going to dominate possession. There's not really any protection for the back 4 with that lineup. They are basically running a 4 man defense and a 6 man attack it seems. We'll see how it plays out, but it seems like it could be really disjointed.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Axel and Dembele can stay at home if needed. Algeria can be dangerous though, you can kinda see it already.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
After their loss I saw a bunch of Catalonians and Basques cheering it. Only works if you win it all, and even then only for a month or so.

Snorky's Shame

After their loss I saw a bunch of Catalonians and Basques cheering it. Only works if you win it all, and even then only for a month or so.

Catalans didn't even celebrate the World Cup win, despite the fact that Barcelona and Catalan players (Xavi, Pique, Puyol, Capdevilla) had a huge part in the win.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I honestly think it would've gone past Feghouli if Vertonghen hadn't touched him, or at the least he'd be in a bad position to shoot.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Might as well still be a french colony as far as players are concerned. 17 on this squad were born there.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Ginger balls looked like he was about to throw up before taking that kick. And what was that white mound of stuff on the ground next to the ball?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
What a dumb penalty. He probably doesn't even get a shot on a goal from that ball. LAWD.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Belgium looks bad. Lukaku wide open in the box there, naw I'll just take this weak shot. Lukaku mad.

worst2first

Shirt ON. I don't what's more frustrating - trying to watch this on my phone while rolling down I-35 or the way Belgium's playing.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
They need a 40 yard CB Joins Attack button from Kompany.

EDIT: Hah, perfect timing, though it ended up nothing.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Januzaj or Mirallas for de Bruyne. He's been horrid.

And no, don't think Belgium squabble. Well, probably not. I know Nainggolan had a big ego which is why he was left out of the squad. Maybe if they lose to Russia.