• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

World Cup Group D (England, Costa, Urgay, Italy)

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Roberto Martinez hits the ESPN talking point of, "What about all the kids watching?" Don't parents watch games anymore with their kids?!?! This incident and the talk of banning chewing tobacco after Tony Gwynn died are teachable moments for parents with their children. Personal responsibility....how does it work?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Ignoring Zeek's bad past experiences with Italians for a second, I'd honestly be shocked if he gets suspended, especially by the FA since it wasn't a league game. FIFA have no backbone to ban or retroactively red card him.

There's no way FIFA can let him play after that. If it were his first time, then maybe. I think the FA might try to get involved if FIFA does nothing. I doubt that it would stick, but I think his punishment last time from the FA had an implied threat that he couldn't do it again.

Honestly, I'm still shocked Chiellini didn't try to kill him later in the game. If there was one player who I figured wouldn't put up with that on Italy's team, it would be him.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
If it was up to me I'd ban him for the tournament and first half of South America qualifiers. But that makes too much sense.

I also used to really dislike Italy but grew to like them this tournament. Maybe it's my man crush on Pirlo.

Also: Great job Mexican ref.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I'm sure I'm late to the party, but if it's up to me Suarez should be banned for life. How many of those do you get?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Oh, he definitely should be. But it's FIFA, they won't do a thing.

OR. This is FIFA and they'll make a stupidly exaggerated example of him and ban him for life. FIFA like to seem to be doing the right thing sometimes. Perfect smokescreen for them to divert attention from off the field shit.

tab10

Honest question. Can a domestic league take action against a player for an incident at a FIFA sanctioned game?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
In a selfish way I hope he doesn't get banned for life because I still want to see someone turn and murder him right there on the field. You know it will happen at some point, especially if he really did go to Barcelona because neither Pepe or Ramos will give one fuck about getting a red card. If Suarez bites pepe and Pepe murders him and receives a lifetime ban, it will be getting two birds stoned at once!

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
In a selfish way I hope he doesn't get banned for life because I still want to see someone turn and murder him right there on the field. You know it will happen at some point, especially if he really did go to Barcelona because neither Pepe or Ramos will give one fuck about getting a red card. If Suarez bites pepe and Pepe murders him and receives a lifetime ban, it will be getting two birds stoned at once!

This is when Travis' master plan of turning linebackers into soccer players would be genius. Imagine Suarez biting Ray Lewis.....

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
FIFA vice president Jim Boyce, has just given a bit of a damning statement on the Suarez incident. Looks like we'll get the heavy hand, like I predicted.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Lalas with the "what about the kids argument?"

Simpsons+-+Someone+Think+of+the+Children.jpeg

Snorky's Shame

Apparently someone put 32 euro on 175-1 odds that Suarez would bite someone at this tournament.

On phone so I can't post a picture of the slip.