• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

World Cup Group D (England, Costa, Urgay, Italy)

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I think this has roots a Millwall chant (seems like all good UK punk is West Ham or Millwall), but I love it @hayvis, @chi-bob.

Also this:

anyway, I await the fatalist musings of the england guys. Go nuts

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Millwall 'No-one likes us' is normally sung to "We Are Sailing". Millwall, West Ham and Chelsea are the punk/hooligan clubs. There's still a whole cultural (uncultured) thing with West Ham fans, and Millwall and Chelsea fans to a lesser degree. Millwall because they are a smaller club, and Chelsea, because they are now more popular.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I held off making this one because I was hoping for some God Save The Queen and pictures of the commonwealth posted by one of the Brits.

That aside, this is my favorite group at the cup, and probably the real group of death. I wouldn't be shocked nor disappoint to see any of these 3 end up in the final or with the trophy at the end of it all. They're also all just as likely to bust out before Quarters. Costa Rica and Keylor Navas' amazing keeping are the wild card here. Uruguay will be without Suarez today, so I wonder just how many goals they can put on them. If CR actually manages to grab points, surely they'll knock someone out inadvertantly.

Very tough group to predict, but:

Italy 2-1 England
Uruguay 3-2 Costa Rica
Uruguay 1-1 England
Italy 3-0 Costa Rica
England 4-2 Costa Rica
Uruguay 3-1 Italy

Uruguay 2-1-0 7pts
Italy 2-0-1 6pts
England 1-1-1 4 pts
Costa Rica 0-0-3 0pts

You could honestly swap any of those around though. A draw in Manaus tomorrow would make things more interesting, but it's such the obvious pick that there's 0% chance of it actually happening.

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I love how yanks completely ignore defensive capabilities when making any assessment. I think England might bomb out at the group stage, but Uruguay lift the world cup or even go beyond the round of 16, with that crap ass defence is a bit silly.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
churchill-v-sign.jpg

HMTQ%20Landing%20Page%20Burnley.jpg

3176173-1748009911-hp.jp.jpg

riverside%20fish%20and%20chips.jpg

the+mitchells.jpg

Teletubbies-5.jpg

hawking.jpg

recipe-image-legacy-id--5300_10.jpg

Last edited:

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
THIS IS THE ONLY FUCKING PREVIEW ANYONE NEEDS OF TONIGHT :

Last edited:

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
I love how yanks completely ignore defensive capabilities when making any assessment. I think England might bomb out at the group stage, but Uruguay lift the world cup or even go beyond the round of 16, with that crap ass defence is a bit silly.

Unless this is me whooshing on INGERLAND, Uruguay's defense isn't what I'd call crap ass. Godin was pretty damn good for Atletico, Muslera in goal starts for Galatasaray, an Maxi Pereira started pretty consistently for Benfica.

Chase

Is Woy going to play the young guys or is he going with the old guard? Does he have the balls to bench Rooney for Barkley?

ETA: Buffon out for the game tonight. Will miss this.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Unless this is me whooshing on INGERLAND, Uruguay's defense isn't what I'd call crap ass. Godin was pretty damn good for Atletico, Muslera in goal starts for Galatasaray, an Maxi Pereira started pretty consistently for Benfica.
Martin Caceres as well

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Balotelli speaks surprisingly passable English

Milo

They played with three centerbacks for basically every game of note in qualifying.

Only real difference is Duarte in for Acosta(and obviously no Oviedo hurts).

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Campbell with a half dozen of the worst touches you'll see this tournament and it's only 20 minutes in

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Someone football tackled Kevin Sorbo in the box. 1-0 Uruguay

fonzilla

Caceres is pretty damn good tambìen

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Ticos got a dude named after Boris Yeltsin lmao

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Sorry I made fun of you Joel

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Costa Rica IMO has been the better side thus far.. and there's a second

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
A diving header. Alan Smith from FIFA 13 commentary would love that

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Uruguay looks pretty awful. No idea how to attack this defense. 5 defender puber tactics

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Damn Campbell can shoot. HHHHHHUUUUYYYYY

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
WTF are the Costa Ricans shooting from 35 yards on every counter?
Probably think they need another goal to seal it/the guys that have been shooting have basically been alone on the attack/too early to try and time waste.

i.e. that last attack no one else got forward