• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Which version is the best for PS3?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Ah, makes sense. Anyone do this on a Raspberry Pi?

There's almost no chance that a Pi 3 has the horsepower to run a PS2 emulator. Even though PS2 is ancient, emulating 3D games takes a LOT of horsepower because they are making up for the fact that they aren't running on proprietary hardware.

ZackMills

Have mercy
So I've probably played around 20 games of this (all against the CPU) and still don't hate it! It is definitely scratching the yearly football video game itch that I get. Won the National Shampship with PSU on Heisman difficulty with OS sliders. Not completely unbelievable as I was rated higher than each team I played. Running game is really fun using Oregon's playbook. There is still definitely CPU cheating (TWO AI fumble recoveries for TDs against Michigan that almost caused me to lose) that leaves me slack jawed, but I'm enjoying it more than still playing All Pro 2k8.

Soonerfan09

So I've probably played around 20 games of this (all against the CPU) and still don't hate it! It is definitely scratching the yearly football video game itch that I get. Won the National Shampship with PSU on Heisman difficulty with OS sliders. Not completely unbelievable as I was rated higher than each team I played. Running game is really fun using Oregon's playbook. There is still definitely CPU cheating (TWO AI fumble recoveries for TDs against Michigan that almost caused me to lose) that leaves me slack jawed, but I'm enjoying it more than still playing All Pro 2k8.

Are you on '14?
I joined an online dynasty a few weeks ago that's just starting its second season. Very challenging sliders and you can schedule as many or as few user games as you want per season (depending on the conference you choose, but I don't think there are more than two users in any conference). Still a couple spots open if you're interested.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm definitely gonna need some sliders doe, CSU's slow ass QB was running roughshod over the defense on zone reads.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I bought this based on ZM's idea... I'm going to play the 2013 season as CSU... while pedaling on my recumbent bike with the resistance set based on CSU's historic result. :laughing:

Good thing I didn't post how I got fucked over my 2nd season, haha. Lost to Rutgers 28-24. Entire game felt like there was no way I was going to win. Both McSorley and Barkley got hurt. Rutgers recovered two fumbles for TDs, one of which was at their 5 yard line late in the game and had my running style set to conservative. I was so pissed. Not as pissed when 2 loss Auburn jumped over me in the BCS rankings the final week of the season. Got to play Washington, who I beat earlier in the year, in the Rose Bowl.

Season 3 will be interesting. No Barkley or McSorley, or Stevens, who left early for some strange reason. Gonna be starting a redshirt freshmen I recruited.

ZackMills

Have mercy
It was so bizarre because I breezed through every other game without really getting challenged. I probably should amp up the sliders, but I've been rated higher than every team I've played, so I guess I should be winning. That should change this year.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Any updates @Travis7401 ? Georgia stomped me at their place, 28-10. Their ratings were better than mine, so maybe the sliders are fine.

I also played a MASCOT GAME with my 5 year old. He was laughing and having a good time. I was a bit concerned, but at the end of the first quarter, the shine had worn off and he said he wanted to play with real players. Never been so proud.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Also turns out my RS Freshman scrambling QB (who was #1 rated QB in his class) was a troll prospect. He's a great runner (90 speed!), has good accuracy, and a strong enough arm, but his carrying rating is 52! He literally fumbles 3+ times a game :laughing:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Any updates @Travis7401 ? Georgia stomped me at their place, 28-10. Their ratings were better than mine, so maybe the sliders are fine.

I also played a MASCOT GAME with my 5 year old. He was laughing and having a good time. I was a bit concerned, but at the end of the first quarter, the shine had worn off and he said he wanted to play with real players. Never been so proud.

I played a SPRING GAME with that slider set and found it to be pretty decent. I was a bit rusty early and threw too many INTs. I super simmed a few series for each side in the middle too because I didn't want to pedal for so long since this was before my 5k race. I've got one more running related goal to finish and then I'll dive into this a bit more. Ima give myself a couple practices to pick out a playbook as well. Didn't like the default CSU book that much.

I also pedaled at pretty much the easiest possible effort and still found that it added to the game difficulty significantly :laughing:

Stats look decent, I lost because I lost the turnover battle. I was intercepted 4 times, but I don't think that's unrealistic given my contributions.... I also fumbled on the 1 yard line, which sucked. One of the INTs occurred during a super sim... 2 of the INTs were just 100% bad decisions/throws on my part in the first two series as I was adjusting to the game/sliders. The last INT I took a vidya of... I thought I made a good read/throw but the CPU DB made a "fantastic" play.
37624783782_7fab211fec_b.jpg

Here are my pedal stats. A full game should take about an hour with no super simming. I should be able to crank out >500 calories during a game as I up the resistance too.
37624801632_8cef40f360_o.jpg

This is the INT that sealed the game. I felt like I made a good read and throw to drop the ball in over the top of the LBs and between the safeties... but this felt like the only time the sliders/Heisman betrayed me.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I also throw a ton of INTs. Some are bad reads, but some are just really good plays by the AI that leave me shaking my head. I really don't punt much (I go for it on 4th down a fair amount, but in a non-scared footbaw corch way, not a puber way), so I just pretend turnovers are like my punts. I bet I've been in the bottom 10 of TO difference in both of my seasons.

Last edited:

Bdub

Hmm might have to hook the ps3 up again when I get bored with fifa. How much does the game cost on the Playstation store?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I played a SPRING GAME with that slider set and found it to be pretty decent. I was a bit rusty early and threw too many INTs. I super simmed a few series for each side in the middle too because I didn't want to pedal for so long since this was before my 5k race. I've got one more running related goal to finish and then I'll dive into this a bit more. Ima give myself a couple practices to pick out a playbook as well. Didn't like the default CSU book that much.

I also pedaled at pretty much the easiest possible effort and still found that it added to the game difficulty significantly :laughing:

Stats look decent, I lost because I lost the turnover battle. I was intercepted 4 times, but I don't think that's unrealistic given my contributions.... I also fumbled on the 1 yard line, which sucked. One of the INTs occurred during a super sim... 2 of the INTs were just 100% bad decisions/throws on my part in the first two series as I was adjusting to the game/sliders. The last INT I took a vidya of... I thought I made a good read/throw but the CPU DB made a "fantastic" play.
37624783782_7fab211fec_b.jpg

Here are my pedal stats. A full game should take about an hour with no super simming. I should be able to crank out >500 calories during a game as I up the resistance too.
37624801632_8cef40f360_o.jpg

This is the INT that sealed the game. I felt like I made a good read and throw to drop the ball in over the top of the LBs and between the safeties... but this felt like the only time the sliders/Heisman betrayed me.

Most of the time I play vidya these days I'm cycling as well. I have a sitting/standing desk and I slide the bike trainer right under

ZackMills

Have mercy

Ended up winning the shampship against Alabama 16-6. Real ugly and unwatchable game. My starting RB and starting QB got hurt within the first 5 minutes of the game and didn't return. Already had a 10-0 lead when it happened, so I played scared the rest of the game, haha. RS Freshman QB won the Heisman after scoring 55 TDs!

I've got my corching tree maxed out in the recruiting section. Got 3 insta-commits in the first week of my 4th season. That area of the game is probably going to get too easy. Lost a ton of talent on my OL and struggled running against Arizona in the first game of the 4th season.

Bdub

I downloaded the game last night and tried using the sliders that got posted earlier. I haven't played a football game since 2012 and it definitely showed.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Probably why it’s so easy for you to win

I think I might change jobs after this season since I'm feeling like Lugnutt at PSU. I'm just waxing teams now. 52-0 against Kansas St. 63-17 at Iowa. Team is rated at A+ in everything and with being a recruiting savant, that isn't going to change.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Did my final SPRING GAME to try out a new playbook (Miss State). Won 30-22 after getting an early lead and playing REAL conservative. The lack of turnovers helped and the fact that the CPU mostly abandoned the running game because they were behind also helped. They averaged 5.4 ypc, so they definitely could have moved the ball on me throughout the game, they just became more one dimensional and that made them easier to stop. They also missed a couple of field goals. I had a long sustained 5 minutes drive to seal the game up, and ended the game at the 5 yard line, so I could have put up more points if it came to that. Was generally a lot safer with the ball, switched the running back to "conservative" and stuck to a short passing game consisting mostly of slot drive, spacing, stick, etc type concepts that are easy throws. Still had a couple of WILD throws, but fortunately the DBs dropped them or they were so WILD they went like 20 yards away from anyone else.

I also cranked up the intensity on the bike, especially as the other CSU looked to mount a bit of a comeback in the 3rd quarter. Finished sweaty AF and burned enough calories to justify some post game beers!

38266032321_e2dc2b2622_b.jpg

38211848016_c646a9e547_o.jpg

ZackMills

Have mercy
Another Heisman and another National Championship. 28-14 over Georgia. Highlight of the game was seeing a player on Georgia with the last name Speed and his number was 99!

Was only offered Oklahoma and Arkansas jerbs in the off-season. Passed on both. Scheduled 3 top 10 teams in the first 3 weeks, lol.