• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Wendell Gee's Moscow Mules

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Novaya Maka repeats as Double A champs:

f27L4tn.png

Khatukay repeats as Triple A champs:

MNszF1a.png

Blame this excursion into the history books on @Travis7401

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
"Press reports today--"

"Long-time WBL GM Wendell Gee--"

"Trouble in Moscow? Team management under fire after--"

"What next, Mr. Gee?" The journalist from Правда clicked off the newsfeed and ate from his bowl of basmati rice and golden curry.

"Tell 'em the truth," said Howard, from his fireplace ottoman.

Wendell nodded. "Baseball was always something I did while I was waiting," he said.

"Waiting? Waiting for what? This curry is extraordinary." The reporter's recorder sat on the table between them. Just the two of them, in Wendell's small Moscow apartment. It was a far cry from the days of standing room press conferences.

But all things go.

"I don't know," said Wendell. "I only knew I was waiting." Potatoes, carrots, beef: a non-traditional curry. But, as the reporter observed, delicious.

"And now you have it. The thing you awaited." The reporter's name was Leon. A proper Trotskyan name.

"Yes, Leon. And the fans of Moscow have what they have awaited. An active GM. An inspired team."

A woman walked into the room then. Remarkably young, remarkably pretty. She wore a white lab coat with a name tag: Jen Xiao. A large black dog followed her into the room. "Sit, Mimi," said the woman. The dog trotted to the reporter's side of the table and sat. Leon found himself the object of two sets of luminous brown eyes. He blushed and cleared his throat. "I am sorry, I don't know...."

"Jennie."

"I see." He returned his gaze to Wendell. "The thing you have awaited?"

"Has arrived. We'll be leaving Moscow soon."

"And then where?"

"Wherever we need to go. It's Jennie's life now. I'm just the writer."

The reporter looked at the woman, and then at the dog, which was still staring at him. He reached across the table, turned off the phone, and put it into his pocket. "So your name is Mimi, yes? A good name for a good dog. I had a dog once. When I was a boy." He reached out a hand towards the dog, then hesitated. "It's okay?"

In response, Mimi nuzzled her head up to his hand. Leon rubbed her ears. "Now that is a good dog."

"Just one of the many good things Jennie has brought into my life." Wendell raised his vodka. "May you have many championship seasons to cover, Mr. Leon."

"And may you have many pages to write, Mr. Wendell."

Outside the apartment the Moscow night was clear and cold. Soon the first snow of the season would begin falling.

"See ya Wendell!" Howard tipped back his ghostly shot glass and disappeared into the fire.

"See ya Howard."

Bdub

From the pages of the 11/25 issue of the Правда...

It's been one month sense Wendell Gee left Moscow with a woman on his arm and in that month the Mules have been rudderless in the rough seas of the World Baseball League. With some owners around the world calling for the demise of the once great team, and many others lobbying for the team to be moved to a more worthy country all seemed to be lost and the people of this great city began to lose hope that the one bright spot in their lives would soon be taken from them, just like so many things in their lives. Here at the Правда we also had lost all hope that this great team could be saved.

Then out of nowhere we began to hear rumblings that someone had been snooping around, asking a lot of questions, about the team and their current state. Here at Правда we hear lots of rumors and normally they mean nothing and there is no way to collaborate anything. However this time we had many trusted sources but no one was willing to give us a name. All they would say is that long time followers of the WBL would know him well. That the person interested in taking over was a pioneer in the WBL. It took a lot of hours and a lot of work but we have finally uncovered this mystery character, the man who hopes to rebuild the Mules into something great.

Working through a trusted source this mystery man finally agreed to meet with us at the Mules stadium to discuss his intentions and to finally reveal his plans for the future, this is our interview.

As I entered the stadium and walked around the corner and who did I see, but Bdub Selig, I hardly recognized the man it had been so long since he walked away after his long tenure as the commissioner and chief of the WBL. Bdub it's good to see you, have you come to meet the new owner and manager of the Mules as well? A smile crossed his face and he let out a little chuckle, "no comrade I am the one you seek, I am the new man in town".

Bdub why on earth would you want to travel all the way up here in the north to run a team in such a mess as the Mules? "Well as you know after many years as a manager and commissioner of the WBL and making more money that I could ever spend I wanted to get away and enjoy the fruits of my labor, since then I have been travelling the world, dating many women and being the play boi I always wanted to be. It was a great life I tell you and it was so very peaceful. Then one day not long ago President Putin called me, I was half drunk when he called and I hung up on him when he told me who he was. He called back and explained that Wendell had run off with some lady names Anastasia and the KGB was unable to track him down. He swore to me that if they find him they would make him pay for abandoning his motherland, I was going to ask what they might do but then thought better of it. Anyways he then went on to tell me that Russia needed to be strong in all things and that being a leader in athletics was of the utmost importance. He then ask me to lead the team and as they say, the rest is history."

Wow what a story Bdub! Can you give us any details on your contract, how long you plan to lead the Mules, etc? "It's funny you ask, I ask President Puten how long he wanted me to run the team and he mumbled something about managing until the need arises to dispose of me. I asked for more detail but decided the better of it. So for now I will be the manager until further notice."

Bdub Selig was hesitant to answer any further questions as he had just gotten into town but promised to fill us in with more info as it became available.

Bdub

Спасибо, сэр. Вы жесткий закон для подражания .

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Спасибо, сэр. Вы жесткий закон для подражания .
Я сказал Дженни , как я счастлив, что вы взяли на себя команда . Это сделало мой день.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Switch teams and rebuild the Mules. Let's see how you do.

You must not have been paying attention to the league standings during this DECADE OF DOMINANCE*, but my rebuilding track record speaks for itself.

*Regular season only