• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 9 presented by James Franklin being an asshole

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
If State can score on the Domers, they can probably score on anybody. That being said, they won't.

Renegade

Charge on!
So hurricane makeup game means our bye is replaced by a scrimmage Austin Peay. At least we should be able to rest our starters and everyone on defense with hurt knees from the cut blocks.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Rutgers-Michigan should be a loser leaves town match. If Rutgers wins, Harbaw leaves B1G. If Michigan wins, Rutgers leaves B1G. Who says no?
giphy.gif

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Nebraska is teh suck. Road dog to the choo choo trains. Jesus how the mighty have fallen

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

bruin

PAC-12 South

E6ED8E02-B136-4DAC-843E-DC51B35C9CAA.jpeg

Winner likely will have 3 losses.

Bruins in Seattle with Huskies after a BYE and a loss. LAWD.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
USC goes to the Heart of the New Confederacy capital of college coed poon, Tempe, AZ to take on the Sundevils of ASU.

Somehow, USC is still ranked #21, even while getting their perineum sewed back up after their trip to South Bend.

Still, the ND loss, bad as it was, doesn't affect their chances in the Pac12, and this is going to be an important game against a decent ASU squad.

Again, the ND loss could be looked at as a mixed blessing. It didn't hurt their chances in the Pac12, and perhaps cleared the air over any delusions of grandeur they might have still harbored, after barely losing to WSU despite being depleted by injury. Whether that loss allows the whole team (including the corches) to refocus, or sends them into a tailspin, remains to be seen.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Tennessee prepares to lose to Kentucky. Maybe Butch will get fired after this game. We can hope. Vol nation awaits their savior, Joan Gruben.

Tennessee should keep waiting. The season is a loss already, and the last thing you want to do is have interim coach Brady Hoke win out and become permanent coach Brady Hoke. Just ask LSU how that's working for them.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Tennessee should keep waiting. The season is a loss already, and the last thing you want to do is have interim coach Brady Hoke win out and become permanent coach Brady Hoke. Just ask LSU how that's working for them.
I hear you, but I just don't see any way that happens, for a few reasons. Firstly, there is no way they win out. Have you seen this team? They have not scored a TD in 3.5 games. 3.5 games! Secondly, there is only one team left on the schedule that would look like a decent win and that is LSU. Lastly, there would be a riot with mattress burning galore if they hired Brady Hoke. I think the new AD is smarter than that.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
What if he finishes 9-4 with a bowl win over a decent team? I agree it's unlikely, but what's the benefit to firing Jones now? There is a possible downside in firing him now.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
The benefit is that I don't have to hear his stupid voice or see his stupid face ever again. I know that those are selfish reasons, but they are legitimate for 99% of the fan base.

I totally see what you are saying, and I am sure that is what the AD is thinking, but I think Vol fans are just totally 100% done with this fucker and they can't even stand to look at him anymore or hear all his stupid cliches anymore. I mean the guy has turned the team into a meme. They just want him fired to have something to feel good about.

The fact that he hasn't fired or demoted the OC is very telling. I think the writing is on the wall.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I mean, raise your hand if you think Harbaugh is going to go 6-12 over the next year and a half. Because you need to start taking a shorter bus immediately. I'm not pleased with how Michigan looks, but it's a young team and a schedule that meant 8-4 was likely. It still is likely, since they play Rutgers, Minnesota, and Maryland. Maybe they'll get lucky and win a shit fest against Wisconsin or Ohio State.

If the offense still looks like this next year, then let's talk about the style of offense Harbaugh runs.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
I mean, raise your hand if you think Harbaugh is going to go 6-12 over the next year and a half. Because you need to start taking a shorter bus immediately. I'm not pleased with how Michigan looks, but it's a young team and a schedule that meant 8-4 was likely. It still is likely, since they play Rutgers, Minnesota, and Maryland. Maybe they'll get lucky and win a shit fest against Wisconsin or Ohio State.

If the offense still looks like this next year, then let's talk about the style of offense Harbaugh runs.

This doesn't matter. He is on the clock. Jerry hall has placed him there.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Like almost every other team, regardless of level, if your offense can't keep the chains moving, your team will not win against teams with equal or better talent. By the second half, your defense is gassed from the offense going 3 and out, and even if your defense is above average, the fatigue sets in.

They would have beaten MSU if their other qb didn't get hurt. That beating from PSU was coming regardless.

Harbaugh gets criticized because he is high profile and runs his mouth a lot and so far he hasn't accomplished anything of note at the college level. Everyone knows he is a good corch, but the results aren't there yet.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
10 starters gone on defense (8 to the NFL)
A Swiss cheese o-line
Young receivers
A serviceable but not electric second-year starter QB in Spieght.

What about that doesn't scream 8-4?

Like @DeadMan said, if the same problems are still there a year from now, we will talk. But this was never Michigan's year. Why they were ranked in top 10 to start the season is beyond me?

Skeeter

Uber felon
Like almost every other team, regardless of level, if your offense can't keep the chains moving, your team will not win against teams with equal or better talent. By the second half, your defense is gassed from the offense going 3 and out, and even if your defense is above average, the fatigue sets in.

They would have beaten MSU if their other qb didn't get hurt. That beating from PSU was coming regardless.

Harbaugh gets criticized because he is high profile and runs his mouth a lot and so far he hasn't accomplished anything of note at the college level. Everyone knows he is a good corch, but the results aren't there yet.
If he's such a great coach why hasn't he accomplished anything?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Mostly because there are two other corches in his division that are his equal or better.

Don't be silly, though. Look what he did at Stanford and look what he did at the 49ers. He is a good corch. Not sure how there is even a question about that.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The part that bugs me is that we'd be signing a different tune if there is a literal one inch swing in the Ohio State game last year. Is he really a shitty coach because of that? Come on. Or what if that play against MSU didn't happen? Is he really a shitty coach because his punter dropped a punt?

My two gripes with Harbaugh that that it's year 3 and he hasn't found a good QB outside of 5/6 games with Rudock and he hasn't put together a good OL. I'm disappointed he didn't get Michigan a Big Ten title yet, but I'll take 10 win seasons without hesitation. Win 10 games consistently and you're bound to run into a title or two. The Mack Brown/Bob Stoops approach.

Schauwn

Mostly because there are two other corches in his division that are his equal or better.

Don't be silly, though. Look what he did at Stanford and look what he did at the 49ers. He is a good corch. Not sure how there is even a question about that.
Look at who you're responding to...

Skeeter

Uber felon

I didn't say he was a bad coach. I'm just curious what qualifiers you are using. Past record aside would you say he's been a good coach at Michigan?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong

Renegade

Charge on!
Scott Frost is the anti-Applewhite.

It's what Houston gets for being cheap. Same thing with Tony Levine. Go hire the next guy. And there's no point in hiring internally to hope you get some loyalty out of them - Levine or Major, if highly successful, would have ridden out to a power job too just like Briles, Sumlin, and Herman.

You want Sumlin back if he gets canned at daddy?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I didn't say he was a bad coach. I'm just curious what qualifiers you are using. Past record aside would you say he's been a good coach at Michigan?
Well pretty sure Michigan went from 5 to 10 wins in his first year and also won 10 last year. All 3 losses were by literal cunt hairs. All with no qb.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
People who think Harbaugh sucks because of this year are retarded. At best, they were going like 10-3 this year. That was before he lost his starting QB (who was never great, but better than O'Korn). I don't think the defensive gameplan against PSU was great, but his losses the last two years are Iowa, OSU, FSU, MSU, PSU. All of those teams finished ranked or are currently ranked with the exception of Iowa, which was a road game in a tough as hell environment where he lost his starter. PSU will almost certainly finish ranked, MSU will finish with at least 8-9 wins.

Their QB play just sucks. Once Peters or McCaffery can play, they'll be fine, though I don't think they're going to be Bama/OSU good.

Harbaugh misses JEDD. Maybe he can have him back after Mora gets shitcanned finally in 40 years.

Skeeter

Uber felon
Are you trolling or just dumb as shit?

Am I the only person who remembers how fucking terrible Michigan was in the last two Brady Hoke years? Bill Connelly had a good article about this in July: https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...all-2017-preview-schedule-roster-jim-harbaugh
I know what you think about him, was curious about pawpaw. That said let me ask differently. Are you satisfied with the job he's done so far or is anything less than contending for championships not good enough?
Well pretty sure Michigan went from 5 to 10 wins in his first year and also won 10 last year. 2 of the 3 losses were by literal cunt hairs. All with no qb.

No doubt he's better than hoke and richrod. Obviously the guy can coach. I was curious the thought from an outside perspective.

coogrfan

It's what Houston gets for being cheap. Same thing with Tony Levine. Go hire the next guy. And there's no point in hiring internally to hope you get some loyalty out of them - Levine or Major, if highly successful, would have ridden out to a power job too just like Briles, Sumlin, and Herman.

You want Sumlin back if he gets canned at daddy?

I do not.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I know what you think about him, was curious about pawpaw. That said let me ask differently. Are you satisfied with the job he's done so far or is anything less than contending for championships not good enough?

95% satisfied. He has contended for championships, though, so I don't know where you get that from. If a Big Ten title appearance comes down the Ohio State game almost every year, I will 100% satisfied. Yes, I want him to win some Big Ten titles, but I think that will happen when he finds a QB and OL.

Lightningwar

Administrator

Look at FSU this year. Offense cant move the ball nor score TDs when they do. 2-5 record.

Brick

The Hoke comparisons record comparisons are just stupid. Michigan won quite a few games solely due to Denard Robinson just running around like an asshole for the first two years. Without him Hoke had a losing record.