• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 8 Thread Presented by Nebraskamentalhealth.com

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
When you see a bland ass week thread title:

tenor.gif

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Nebraska is a 15 underdog to the power that is OFF week.

I'd be shocked if they win another game this year. It's sickening to see, let alone watch even listen to the games.

Mister Rogers aka Riley has got to go. Sure with it the fairly good recruiting class will likely be gone...but really, is it good? Can Calabraskas play in the cold? Probably not bc the practices are a joke. It's a bunch of twenty somethings playing grab ass.

I question the mental toughness of this bunch down to the fucking core. The B1G was built on smashing people in the mouth...not running around them. Nebraska needs someone that will bring that mentality back. Someone that understands what this football team means to the state. Who that is I haven't a clue.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT

I'd be shocked if they win another game this year. It's sickening to see, let alone watch even listen to the games.

Mister Rogers aka Riley has got to go. Sure with it the fairly good recruiting class will likely be gone...but really, is it good? Can Calabraskas play in the cold? Probably not bc the practices are a joke. It's a bunch of twenty somethings playing grab ass.

I question the mental toughness of this bunch down to the fucking core. The B1G was built on smashing people in the mouth...not running around them. Nebraska needs someone that will bring that mentality back. Someone that understands what this football team means to the state. Who that is I haven't a clue.

Too bad Lawrence Phillips isn't available.

Christian Peter might do it. He already has the grab-ass part down...

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?

Sounds like Les Miles.

Lightningwar

Administrator

Why not go back to power option? But run it out of shotgun?

Plotty

Tath Meacher
If I recall correctly you guys actually had a coach that filled all those requirements. As far as I'm concerned nebraska is getting exactly what they deserve.
And that person was..? Just curious whom you're referring to.
Why not go back to power option? But run it out of shotgun?
That would require a moderately mobile QB and an offensive line that actually can block.

Nebraska has that QB in Patrick Obrien...but the oline is nowhere to be found.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Leach to Nebraska, Grinch promoted to Wazzu HC

Seems to work out well for everyone involved except all the Brasky fans who will cry about not RUNNING DA BAWL, PAWL

coogrfan

Houston, coming off of a 45-17 loss at now 2-5 Tulsa, opens as a 3 pt favorite over #25 Memphis.

giphy.gif

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The Michigan - Penn State game is going to be very depressing. If Michigan scores 10 points on offense, it will be a miracle. It will probably be a close game but Penn State pulls away in the 4th quarter because Michigan's defense tires out after the offense goes 3 and out constantly.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
If the Michigan offense scores 10.
If the Michigan defense scores 14.
If McSorley and Barkley both get hurt.
If Michigan brings its clock operator.

Michigan could win 24-21.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I certainly hope that the Michigan-PSU game is far from depressing.

But I'm expecting it to be much, much closer than it should be.

-YTC

Lightningwar

Administrator
FSU beat Duke by 7 on the road. The lowest point differential ever in this series. We win by 26.5 on average. Even during the lost decade. So naturally we are favored against a team that beat us by 40 points last year. And really could had beat us by 60 if they didn't let up.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I certainly hope that the Michigan-PSU game is far from depressing.

But I'm expecting it to be much, much closer than it should be.

-YTC

I bet it will be close but it won't feel that close. Michigan's defense is good enough to hold down Penn State's offense, but Michigan's offense isn't going to do much without a passing threat. I'm guessing Barkley gets two or three chunk plays when he gets matched up against McCray in space, and that will be enough for Penn State to win the game.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
I bet it will be close but it won't feel that close. Michigan's defense is good enough to hold down Penn State's offense, but Michigan's offense isn't going to do much without a passing threat. I'm guessing Barkley gets two or three chunk plays when he gets matched up against McCray in space, and that will be enough for Penn State to win the game.

The o-line has been hot garbage and now have to face (arguably) the best defensive front in the conference? I'm thinking this looks similar to the PSU-Iowa game.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The o-line has been hot garbage and now have to face (arguably) the best defensive front in the conference? I'm thinking this looks similar to the PSU-Iowa game.

:laughing: It sounds like we're both pretty down on our teams. That PSU - Iowa game was really weird, though. If PSU gets 500+ yards against Michigan's defense, it's not going to be much of a game. Maybe Michigan has a chance to win it at the end, but count me for having near zero faith in John O'Korn to orchestrate a game winning drive.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
This photo was taken shortly before the start of the 4th quarter in a 28-28 ballgame on HOMECOMING. BUILD AN ON CAMPUS STADIUM AND THE FANS WILL COME!

37737048061_3b1bbd30dd_b.jpg

@HamiltonSucksDick

Turned out to be a great game, too. Having homecoming starting at 8:15 is not ideal for anybody outside of Fort Collins/the student body to make it to.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
That is sad. It's not like they are a bad team either. Why don't people go to the games? SO MUCH TO DO IN COLORADO?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The stupid gallon sized clear bag policy for HOMELAND SECURITY really is dumb in cold weather areas too. It was like 75 degrees before the game and dropped to below freezing by the end, so it was really hard to bring the proper amount layering clothing with some little fuckshit clear bag as all you can carry in to the game. I had to use my God-like mind to reject the cold because I was wearing a long sleeve T shirt and a fleece jacket.

We should just build a statue to Bin Laden at this point.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
That is sad. It's not like they are a bad team either. Why don't people go to the games? SO MUCH TO DO IN COLORADO?

8:15 kickoff, but I'd say it was about 75% full at that point (technically I believe it was a sellout, but there were a lot of no shows). It is a heavy drinking fanbase, so the heavy no-shows after tailgating isn't that unusual. A lot of times half the student body would be in the parking lot of Hughes until the end of the first quarter. Halftime was brutally long for some reason, and it was getting cold so people just started leaving.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I honestly can't stand watching footbaw live anymore. The game took more than 4 hours, and even though it was "good" it is just so SLOW that it kills me. At least if you are watching on TV you can get up and go do something for halftime. Sitting there trying not to freeze to death for a half an hour is excruciating.

I talked all my friends into just going tailgating next year for homecoming, and then staying at the BAR instead of going to the game! Hamilton was so mad at Travis!