• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 8 Presented by JAR's Waistline

Brick

Bama has only gone undefeated once under Saban. Good chance they'll drop one to LSU or Auburn.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles

That's fucking amazing. I somehow missed this whole saga of UCONN just up and declaring itself UCF's rival. I didn't know that was even a thing. How cringey.

“They don’t get to say whether they’re our rival or not,” Diaco told reporters during a Monday conference call. “We might not be their rival, but they don’t get to say whether they’re our rival. That’s for us to decide.”

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
That's fucking amazing. I somehow missed this whole saga of UCONN just up and declaring itself UCF's rival. I didn't know that was even a thing. How cringey.

“They don’t get to say whether they’re our rival or not,” Diaco told reporters during a Monday conference call. “We might not be their rival, but they don’t get to say whether they’re our rival. That’s for us to decide.”

I seem to remember Colorado, circa early 1990s or late 1980s, declaring themselves Nebraska's big rival, and hyping up their game against the Huskers. This was when they were both in the old Big Eight. Of course the "true" rivalry in that conference was Nebraska-Oklahoma, as most of the rest of the teams were total shit wrt footbaw.

So stupid. Like a little chihuahua snarling at and biting the leg of a Rottweiler. Rottweiler all like, "bitch, please."

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
That's still bad, but at least CO borders Nebraska and there is some history there. What the fuck do UConn and UCF have to do with each other?

I love that the thing they tried to hook it on was that UConn was the northernmost AAC team and UCF was *one of* the southernmost.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
This reminds me of how Illinois has a rivalry with Michigan. Except the reaction from Michigan fans when you tell them that is a blank stare. Illinois fans think they are Michigan's rival, but they really aren't. They'll insist on it, though.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
This reminds me of how Illinois has a rivalry with Michigan. Except the reaction from Michigan fans when you tell them that is a blank stare. Illinois fans think they are Michigan's rival, but they really aren't. They'll insist on it, though.

There's a rivalry with Illinois?

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
CU/Nebraska was lopsided in record, but it was still a natural rivalry because of the proximity, the fact that there are a TON of Nebraska alumns that live in Colorado and that it represented a bit of a culture war within Colorado itself, especially since Nebraska recruited the top Colorado HS prospects more than CU did (CU was always very focused on California). The rural parts of the state have a lot of Nebraska fans because they identified more with the HARD WORK WORK ethos of Osborne than the perceived THUGS at CU and the Hippie Boulder crowd. There are certainly a lot more Nebraska fans in Colorado than there are CSU fans, lol.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
That's still bad, but at least CO borders Nebraska and there is some history there. What the fuck do UConn and UCF have to do with each other?

I love that the thing they tried to hook it on was that UConn was the northernmost AAC team and UCF was *one of* the southernmost.

LAWD.

If and when Texas joins the Pacific 22 conference in the next 10 years or so, Cal will declare that Texas, not Stanford is their rival, and call the trophy at stake the CAtaTXtrophy.

Sponsored by Cellino & Barnes, Injury Attorneys 1-800-888-8888.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Luckily Minnesota has cool trophies for their rivalries, because they never win them.
Solidarity, Brother.

trophy.0.0.jpeg