• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 7

Brick

:laughing:

I laugh every time you post stuff like this but I mostly agree.

I miss that old Tedford/Petersen/Hawkins offense. Think Coach Pete panicked after they struggled post Kellen Moore and jumped on the spread bandwagon.
i mean this browning guy looks like he'd be perfect for that system. this just looks like a continuation of sarks shitty spread. if you didnt tell me corch pete was at uw and i watched them, i wouldnt have the damnest clue he was there.

Hollywood

Sun Drop Junkie
Mod Alumni
Anybody remember that game a decade ago when Minnesota had a lead with a few seconds left against Wisconsin and their punter dropped the snap?

This game reminded me of that from a punch in the gut standpoint.

At least it wasn't as stupid as this:

Without question, the game Appalachian and Furman fans talk about when this rivalry is brought up in mixed company was the one that occurred 11 years ago, and referred to as the “Miracle on the Mountain” by Appalachian fans, but was more of a nightmare for Furman fans.

In one of the wildest finishes in the history of college football, # 5 Appalachian State scored a 16-15 win over #3 Furman, as the Black and Gold went from gut-wrenching defeat to miraculous victory in the span of about 40 seconds.

Trailing the game 14-9 with 5:39 to play, Furman put together an impressive 13-play, 73-yard drive, as Paladin senior quarterback Billy Napier connected on 5-of-6 passes on the drive, with the final one connecting with talented Furman senior wideout Bear Rinehart on a 12-yard strike, giving the Paladins a 15-14 lead with just 7 seconds remaining.

However, instead of going for the PAT and making it a 16-14 game, the Paladins opted to go for a two-point conversion. Furman was looking to play it conservative and not allow for a block and return for a score, however, it backfired when the play was changed at the line-of-scrimmage.

Napier audibled out of the original play-call, which called for him to scramble to the side and just slide down.

Instead, he threw a tunnel screen intended for Brian Bratton which was intercepted by Jeffries, at the four-yard line. Jeffries, realizing he was not fleet enough to finish off the final 84 yards to the end zone, pitched the ball to one of the fastest players on the Mountaineer roster in defensive back Derrick Black at the 16, who sprinted the remaining 84 yards to complete the unthinkable.

It gave the Mountaineers a 16-15 lead, with 7 seconds remaining, as no time ran off the clock due to it being a dead ball play. It set off wild celebrations in the south end zone at The Rock, and the Mountaineers would be flagged for excessive celebration.

That would set up an onsides kick attempt by the Paladins, which would be recovered by the Mountaineers as Josh Jeffries once again found the ball. The goalposts would come down at The Rock, as the Apps celebrated the improbable win.

The incredible ending to the contest drew national attention, which ABC would tab as its Sports Radio Call of the Year.

PSUEagle

i mean this browning guy looks like he'd be perfect for that system. this just looks like a continuation of sarks shitty spread. if you didnt tell me corch pete was at uw and i watched them, i wouldnt have the damnest clue he was there.

Not to get too technical, but which shitty spread? The multiple offense or the UP TEMPO REVOLUTION his last year? I kind of liked the first one TBH...

Brick

Not to get too technical, but which shitty spread? The multiple offense or the UP TEMPO REVOLUTION his last year? I kind of liked the first one TBH...
the multiple offense was better, but the passing game sucked. polk and the dude with the blind dad (honestly forgot this name) carried them in the run game. keith price was more overrated than brett hundley.

PSUEagle

the multiple offense was better, but the passing game sucked. polk and the dude with the blind dad (honestly forgot this name) carried them in the run game. keith price was more overrated than brett hundley.

Still better than Locker though...

Brick

you dont have to tell me. bet @Southpaw when locker was drafted that he would never have a season with a positive td ratio in the nfl (min 15 td) or id wear a locker avatar for life.

digs

sun of nothing
todd graham defense brings back to mind online ncaa. all out blitz every play, either stop for a loss or give up a big play.

PSUEagle

@Brick

I really liked UW's 2011 offense in Price's first year as a starter. They were a good "multiple" offense that was a lot of fun to watch. Would have been a much better team if Nick Holt wasn't DC.

2012 team struggled on offense due to OL injuries but the defense was much better. Then Sarkisian for some reason decided he needed to mimick Oregon with the tempo and fancy cards on the sidelines:thinking:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
@Brick

I really liked UW's 2011 offense in Price's first year as a starter. They were a good "multiple" offense that was a lot of fun to watch. Would have been a much better team if Nick Holt wasn't DC.

2012 team struggled on offense due to OL injuries but the defense was much better. Then Sarkisian for some reason decided he needed to mimick Oregon with the tempo and fancy cards on the sidelines:thinking:

To be fair, Sarkisian was probably drunk.....too soon. :thinking:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Washington has 3 points against Oregon? Jesus. I feel pretty good about Wazzu hitting at least 6 wins.

PSUEagle

That Arizona game is a push because they can't tackle on defense and refuse to rush more than three ever:thumbsup:

4-4-1 today assuming Oregon wins.

digs

sun of nothing
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HA HAH AHAHAHA

lets run a trick play from 9 yards deep in the endzone on a kickoff return
tumblr_inline_nvd48dIU5z1raprkq_500.gif

"worked first time we ran it in practice, worked 2nd time we ran it in practice, what the hell happened in the live game?"
tumblr_inline_ntk5s7bA4U1raprkq_500.gif

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Travis Wilson is a gigantimong

PSUEagle

I swear Mark Helfrich is Larry Coker 2.0: terrible posture, bald head, and clapping non-stop after every play.

Brick

oregons offense is:

hope adams avoids a sack and makes a backyard footbaw play

hope freeman makes the first guy miss and gets in the secondary

otherwise its pretty much a mess.

PSUEagle

I thoroughly enjoy watching Utah's defense: great tackling unit that is exceptionally well coached IMO.

Brick

booker making his case for 3rd team pac 12 running back. i take back the honorable mention comment.

PSUEagle

This game has been a corch fest last few minutes.

Thank god gambling wise Oregon's usual early TD 2PT fuckery didn't work: still win even if UW pulls this out of their ass:laughing: