• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 7

PSUEagle

Not sure what Ed Cunningham sees in this Oregon team: there's no way they'll be a "factor" in the Pac 12 title race IMO. Nor do I see them looking "awfully good" going forward.

Wonder how Washington plays against Stanford next week: could see that one being ugly.

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Oregon's going to lose at least 2 more games, Pac-12 North will come down to Furd and Cal.

Bdub

I don't see Stanford losing again this year. Cal is good but they are extremely one dimensional. Take away the pass game and they just try to force it and you get Goff throwing 5 picks again.

Dexil

really doe probably the worst run offense in the conference, shit makes no sense. fucking multiple offenses and weird ass personnel packaging, that last drive down two touchdowns was incredible to watch. they needed two scores with 9ish minutes left, so what do they do? they take almost 6 minutes to score a touchdown while running 25-30 seconds off each snap, changing personnel packages after every play lmao

i was going to take a shot for every game oregon has beaten washington in a row but I'd rather not die of alcohol poisoning

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
really doe probably the worst run offense in the conference, shit makes no sense. fucking multiple offenses and weird ass personnel packaging, that last drive down two touchdowns was incredible to watch. they needed two scores with 9ish minutes left, so what do they do? they take almost 6 minutes to score a touchdown while running 25-30 seconds off each snap, changing personnel packages after every play lmao

i was going to take a shot for every game oregon has beaten washington in a row but I'd rather not die of alcohol poisoning

Dang, when did y'all hire Hue Jackson?

Brick

Not sure what Ed Cunningham sees in this Oregon team: there's no way they'll be a "factor" in the Pac 12 title race IMO. Nor do I see them looking "awfully good" going forward.

Wonder how Washington plays against Stanford next week: could see that one being ugly.

Oregon's going to lose at least 2 more games, Pac-12 North will come down to Furd and Cal.
Oregon would definitely have to win out for it to happen. I really think Stanford has it locked up as long as that doesn't occur. Cal still has @UCLA, @Oregon, @Stanford. I don't see them being a threat.

I don't think it's entirely impossible for the Ducks. The bye is coming at the right time for Oregon now with Adams back and Carrington looked really good last night in his first game. The offense is going to be solid or really good the rest of the way. Washington arguably has the best defense in the league and Oregon did pretty well last night.

I would definitely not bet on it, but I like the way the schedule sets up.

Plotty

Tath Meacher
Michigan fans my heart hurts for you. My gawd. I thought our losses sucked but THAT one wins.

Michigan state dude that scored? Broken hip. Jesus.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

PSUEagle

Oregon would definitely have to win out for it to happen. I really think Stanford has it locked up as long as that doesn't occur. Cal still has @UCLA, @Oregon, @Stanford. I don't see them being a threat.

I don't think it's entirely impossible for the Ducks. The bye is coming at the right time for Oregon now with Adams back and Carrington looked really good last night in his first game. The offense is going to be solid or really good the rest of the way. Washington arguably has the best defense in the league and Oregon did pretty well last night.

I would definitely not bet on it, but I like the way the schedule sets up.

You've always had a really good feel for Oregon/Pac 12 teams and you're not a homer: I definitely respect your opinion. Still, you didn't feel like you were watching two mediocre to bad teams last night? You have to credit UW for being salty on defense, but man it's hard to believe they've gotten so much better after losing all of that NFL talent.

I'd favor Stanford since it looks like Kevin Hogan's taking the senior QB jump that happens often (see Mettenberger, Zach for an example). When he's on they have enough weapons to get explosive plays and they can grind you down when they choose to.

My only concern is their defense: think it's definitely taken a step back compared to where it's been the last few years. Still, it's hard not to see them bulldozing Cal and even Oregon in the running game.

PSUEagle

Michigan fans my heart hurts for you. My gawd. I thought our losses sucked but THAT one wins.

Michigan state dude that scored? Broken hip. Jesus.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I hate Michigan like you probably hate Texas and OU, but our Wolverine Utopians are all cool as hell and make that hard for me:laughing:

Brick

You've always had a really good feel for Oregon/Pac 12 teams and you're not a homer: I definitely respect your opinion. Still, you didn't feel like you were watching two mediocre to bad teams last night? You have to credit UW for being salty on defense, but man it's hard to believe they've gotten so much better after losing all of that NFL talent.
UW's defense is better than it was last year if the first half of the year is any indication. This is about as good as they could have hoped to have done against their competition so far. Best defense in the league to this point.

To answer your question: I thought Oregon looked mediocre last night, absolutely. But Oregon's ceiling on offense is really high for the rest of the year. Without Adams they put up 770 rushing yards in two games with basically no threat of a passing game at all. Adams is not the best QB in the country, but he's a significant upgrade over the backups. They have a chance to be really good the rest of the way on offense.

The secondary and linebackers still suck. I still have no hope that the linebackers will be better, but honestly for the secondary there really is no way they can be worse. They're 120th in the country against the pass and have allowed a 22/7 ratio. They are all freshman or first time players now that Daniels and Seisay have been out. Good time for a bye and a small confidence boost against Washington.
My only concern is their (Stanford's) defense: think it's definitely taken a step back compared to where it's been the last few years. Still, it's hard not to see them bulldozing Cal and even Oregon in the running game.
This is what gives Oregon a chance if they happen to be in a position to beat Stanford to maybe pull even in the North. I would much rather face Stanford with a great offense than Stanford with a great defense. Their defense isn't close to the level it was 2/3/4 years ago.

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. Do I think Oregon will do it? No. But I don't think the situation is as bad as it looked after the Utah game, and of all the teams in the Pac-12 they have the best chance to get significantly better as the season goes on.

Last edited:

PSUEagle

I'm just playing devil's advocate here. Do I think Oregon will do it? No. But I don't think the situation is as bad as it looked after the Utah game, and of all the teams in the Pac-12 they have the best chance to get significantly better as the season goes on.

I can respect that.

I do wonder about Helfrich long term though: to me a lot of things scream CORCH, to me. It's unreasonable to expect him to win at Kelly levels (even Chip would have eventually had a down season or two) but even though Oregon's historically very patient I can't see Knight being real happy if they're muddling around at 7 wins a few years from now.

Yesterday was the first time I ever felt sad about a Michigan loss. I was live blogging the game to my baseball gap acquaintance, a die-hard Michigan fan, while she was at work. I had just texted her that Michigan was going to win and then that punter fucked up the very next play. FFFFFUUUUU!!!!:scared:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Obviously it sucks for you all that you lost, but your program is on a trajectory like it hasnt been in 10 years.

Definitely. It's just shitty because if we beat msu, this team has a good shot to win the big ten. Now it's probably not going to happen, even if we beat Ohio state.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Mark May is a fuck tard. Trying to criticize the decision to punt lol. As if anything other than punt was the correct call. He wanted the qb to run around and throw it deep. Fuck no. The punter should have just fallen on the ball doe. It took two major fuck ups by him to find a way to lose.

Brick

I can respect that.

I do wonder about Helfrich long term though: to me a lot of things scream CORCH, to me. It's unreasonable to expect him to win at Kelly levels (even Chip would have eventually had a down season or two) but even though Oregon's historically very patient I can't see Knight being real happy if they're muddling around at 7 wins a few years from now.
Agreed. No idea where the program is going from here.

fsuprime

Fsu would have 2 losses or more with our shitty back up playing

Also lol at uw fans who thought this was finally the year. Everyone up here #believed

@Brick

Bdub

Got to love the coaches poll. MSU remains ranked ahead of Utah for reasons I'm not sure of.

Brick

Also lol at uw fans who thought this was finally the year. Everyone up here #believed

@Brick
I wasn't worried about losing that game at all once I saw Adams was starting. Haha. Offense sucks.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I can't help but feel like Oregon should've put up 40+. They certainly had a million chances to put that game away. Idk how to feel.

Brick

I can't help but feel like Oregon should've put up 40+. They certainly had a million chances to put that game away. Idk how to feel.
Yeah it never really felt close. Washington line was blowing things up so it was hard to score when Oregon got in the red zone.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed

@Brick
Really? I though u dub lost a whole host of starters from last year and was going to be a complete rebuild job

Houston, Memphis and Temple are all undefeated. Memphis plays at Houston later this year. Temple plays at Memphis. All hail the AAC

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Definitely. It's just shitty because if we beat msu, this team has a good shot to win the big ten. Now it's probably not going to happen, even if we beat Ohio state.

Oh, we're back though. Drew Sharp is back complaining about Michigan in articles again. Today's installment: Harbaugh critizing the officials in the post-game and how it takes away from Michigan State's special moment.

Brick

Oh, we're back though. Drew Sharp is back complaining about Michigan in articles again. Today's installment: Harbaugh critizing the officials in the post-game and how it takes away from Michigan State's special moment.
If I read any local sportswriter coverage of Oregon I'm sure I'd kill myself.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
If I read any local sportswriter coverage of Oregon I'm sure I'd kill myself.

Yeah, I pretty much only read one, really good, blog about Michigan. He links the stuff worth reading. It's never the beat writers for the local papers.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Duh.

They just get way too deep and lost in the narrative bullshit.

And most of them don't have any grasp of football concepts. I'm not saying I'm the greatest, but I don't think most reporters know the difference between a zone blocking scheme or a man blocking scheme. You'd think they learn something about football beyond what an average fan knows to add something to their jobs.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Duh.

And most of them don't have any grasp of football concepts. I'm not saying I'm the greatest, but I don't think most reporters know the difference between a zone blocking scheme or a man blocking scheme. You'd think they learn something about football beyond what an average fan knows to add something to their jobs.
Real live football discussion doesn't get the mouse clicks HOT TAKE ARTICLES get.

PSUEagle

This is true.

It would be cool if reporters would occasionally ask pertinent scheme related questions: I'll bet a lot of coaches would give some pretty good answers. Like something about how you ran this front a lot, that coverage, etc and the thought process that went into that. Instead every question is about how you build on the "momentum," how you "feel," something about how "hard" a kid works, etc.

BTW mgoblog is the truth: my favorite one of any college team.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
This is true.

It would be cool if reporters would occasionally ask pertinent scheme related questions: I'll bet a lot of coaches would give some pretty good answers. Like something about how you ran this front a lot, that coverage, etc and the thought process that went into that. Instead every question is about how you build on the "momentum," how you "feel," something about how "hard" a kid works, etc.

BTW mgoblog is the truth: my favorite one of any college team.

mgoblog does ask those type of questions. The old staff used to answer them. The new staff is saying that they won't, unfortunately. But I do think the coaches appreciate being asked about something other than the usual bullshit.

Bdub

Utah media especially radio is awful. Always comparing BYU and Utah no matter how much better one is than the other. One guy used to do a pac 12 power ranking that was awful but made worse because he included BYU in the rankings.
We have one guy, a former lineman for BYU that breaks down plays on Twitter after the game. Talks about why certain things where working etc. He tried it on the radio and the other trog hosts shut him down.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Utah media especially radio is awful. Always comparing BYU and Utah no matter how much better one is than the other. One guy used to do a pac 12 power ranking that was awful but made worse because he included BYU in the rankings.
We have one guy, a former lineman for BYU that breaks down plays on Twitter after the game. Talks about why certain things where working etc. He tried it on the radio and the other trog hosts shut him down.

We all know who the best team in the state of Utah is.

Bdub

I knew that one was coming. Even better ESPN and weird FPI rankings has USC as the 12th best team in the country.

bruin

This is true.

yeah, not going to lie. If Allie La Force asked Les Miles why Brandon Harris isn't reading the zone read concept more I think I'd pull out my dick and put it on the tv right then and there.

PSUEagle

yeah, not going to lie. If Allie La Force asked Les Miles why Brandon Harris isn't reading the zone read concept more I think I'd pull out my dick and put it on the tv right then and there.

I think I like Kaylee Hartung moar, lazy eye and all...