• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 4 Thread - JAR dominates late-night racist shitposting thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Please tell me that play just meant Stanford covered

giphy.gif

ebarws6

stAy
Let this game remind us all that David Shaw is not in fact a good coach

nUtopia knows this, people outside of here really seem to not understand this

conservative Shaw is worst Shaw

boutta lose in Seattle next week but I'll fucking take this W

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
And stop saying Shaw is a bad corch. He knows exactly what he's doing with his "bad" clock management. He knows his opponents inside and out and knows Wazzu will choke away a game winning FG and knows that Bradley will put all the DBs in the stands against an offense that threw for 80 yards through 58 minutes of play. Punt on 4th and half an inch because otherwise you'll score too quickly. Or at worst, get some flukey bullshit to pull a win out of his ass at the last second while leaving no time for the opposition. Shaw is a genius.

PSUEagle

And stop saying Shaw is a bad corch. He knows exactly what he's doing with his "bad" clock management. He knows his opponents inside and out and knows Wazzu will choke away a game winning FG and knows that Bradley will put all the DBs in the stands against an offense that threw for 80 yards through 58 minutes of play. Punt on 4th and half an inch because otherwise you'll score too quickly. Or at worst, get some flukey bullshit to pull a win out of his ass at the last second while leaving no time for the opposition. Shaw is a genius.

I swear there's actually some perverse logic to this doe.

Like the conspiracy theorist in me would say that NDSU's coach intentionally bagged the 2PT try vs Iowa last week because he knew Kirk Ferentz's balls are the size of grape nuts and he'd do the run/run/sack/punt thing so they could just win the game outright (as opposed to slugging it out in OT with a better team).

Genius.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I swear there's actually some perverse logic to this doe.

Like the conspiracy theorist in me would say that NDSU's coach intentionally bagged the 2PT try vs Iowa last week because he knew Kirk Ferentz's balls are the size of grape nuts and he'd do the run/run/sack/punt thing so they could just win the game outright (as opposed to slugging it out in OT with a better team).

Genius.

Oh, I'm not joking. I haven't watched enough UDub to know what their fatal flaw is, but Shaw will find it and exploit it with 3 seconds left next week.

PSUEagle

Pissed that DirecTV doesn't offer the Pac12 network - wanted to get a look at UDub before next week's Top 10 matchup.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
That PSU targeting call was obscene. Then again, a great many of them are obscene.

The refs are applying the rule as its written, I don't know how mad I can get at them. Get rid of the fucking rule, it's been a total abortion from the jump.

Wooly

Let this game remind us all that David Shaw is not in fact a good coach

nUtopia knows this, people outside of here really seem to not understand this

conservative Shaw is worst Shaw

boutta lose in Seattle next week but I'll fucking take this W

Shaw is a good coach. So is Mora.

Shaw is going to be more conservative this year, because he has to. His talent is pretty thin on the DL and at LB. He doesn't have a lot of guys with a lot of experience in the front seven. He can't afford to give the other team a lot of chances on offense.

And to make that situation worse, he has two new QBs, and an OL that is little worse than usual. Eventually the OL, and front 7 will be better, but they need most of the season to get there. The newer QBs make it easy for the defense to key on McCaffery and the run game. Stanford probably has to be conservative until the QB situation is sorted out.

It makes sense for Shaw to play conservative and grind out close games. That is their best chance of winning. However, I bet this Stanford team is better at the end the season, and pretty good next year.