• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 4 Thread - In the Light

bruin

And if you feel that you can't go on
And your will's sinkin' low
Just believe and you can't go wrong
In the light you will find the road

Conference play is here. Rivalries and matchups going back to the 1880's make its comeback. Expansion era be damned. Gameday is heading to Athens for a top10 showdown under the lights as the Irish and Bulldogs collide in a non-conference tilt. What a tailgating scene that must be, amirite? Just bought a mini bag of Reese's cup at the store on the drive home. I forgot to mention that the SEASON finale of The Hills:Beginnings aired last week in the week 3 thread. For shame. Recorded Fright Night and The Lost Boys over the weekend so it's looking like a 80's week is in store ahead of us. Cheers, bros.

In the light
Everybody needs the light

Notable Games of note
#10 Utah at USC, 9 EST, FS1 (Friday)
Air Force at #20 Boise State, 9 EST, ESPN 2 (Friday)
#4 LSU at Vanderbilt, 12 EST, SECNetwork
#11 Michigan at #13 Wisconsin, 12 EST, FOX
#8 Auburn at #17 Texas A&M, 3:30 EST, CBS
Oklahoma State at #12 Texas, 7:30 EST, ABC
#7 Notre Dame at #3 Georgia, 8 EST, CBS
Colorado at #24 Arizona State, 10 EST, Pac12Network

900.jpg

18_Uga_IX.jpg

abb13be6f200f231714133a085786210.jpg

source.gif

giphy.gif

herm-edwards-arizona-state-michigan-state.jpg

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
You didn't think #21 Washington @ BYU was notable this week? I'm curious to see if the Washington that lost to Cal is the reel deal or if it was an anomaly.

Bdub

You didn't think #21 Washington @ BYU was notable this week? I'm curious to see if the Washington that lost to Cal is the reel deal or if it was an anomaly.
The game actually has to mean something to be notable. It doesn't really matter much to anyone outside of the two fan bases, who wins. Washington has to win their conference games to get anywhere, regardless if they beat BYU. BYU is going to the same bowl game if they go undefeated the rest of the year or just win 6 games.

Bdub

They were out of the playoffs when they lost to an unranked Cal. They can still make the Rose Bowl though if they win the conference.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Not really. Clemson made the playoffs losing to a 4-8 Cuse team. OSU almost made it last year despite getting smoked by 6-7 Purdue. MSU made it after losing to a 6-7 Nebraska team. Etc. etc. etc. Cal is in the top 25 and is likely to finish with 8 or 9 wins. No P5 team is out with only 1 loss.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Washington isn't Clemson, doe. The PAC-12 doesn't get the benefit the SEC, ACC and Big Ten get.

@Bdub You make a great point. I guess I figured Washington still had some national pull, but you're right that the loss to Cal really messed that up.

I retract my question as it has been answered correctly.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Neither is MSU

Clemson had as many playoff appearances as UDub at that point, by the way

Bdub

Washington isn't Clemson, doe. The PAC-12 doesn't get the benefit the SEC, ACC and Big Ten get.

@Bdub You make a great point. I guess I figured Washington still had some national pull, but you're right that the loss to Cal really messed that up.

I wish you guys were playing sometime in the PAC that we don't play. Then at least BYU winning would help the Utes strength of schedule.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
The game actually has to mean something to be notable. It doesn't really matter much to anyone outside of the two fan bases, who wins. Washington has to win their conference games to get anywhere, regardless if they beat BYU. BYU is going to the same bowl game if they go undefeated the rest of the year or just win 6 games.

I disagree a little that BYU is locked in to the bowl in Hawaii even if they win out. I think an 11-1 BYU team against the schedule they had at least is in the conversation for a New Years Six bowl. With the playoff, I know that really means nothing. But that would be huge for BYU. They could still get left out, doe. Plus I'm not saying BYU will go undefeated the rest of the year, either. So it doesn't really matter.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I disagree a little that BYU is locked in to the bowl in Hawaii even if they win out. I think an 11-1 BYU team against the schedule they had at least is in the conversation for a New Years Six bowl. With the playoff, I know that really means nothing. But that would be huge for BYU. They could still get left out, doe. Plus I'm not saying BYU will go undefeated the rest of the year, either. So it doesn't really matter.
BYU isn’t eligible for the G5’s guaranteed bowl spot, right?

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
Don’t forget the Northeast’s greatest rivalry. Boston College comes to Pissedthataway to take on Rutgers for the first time since BC left the Big East

Will be notable to me if within 2 scores entering 4th quarter, and a channel I have access to is carrying the broadcast.

Source: Bmack standards for game notability rule 1

Lightningwar

Administrator

Which is funny because the ACC is really really bad right now.

bruin

we're in the light tonight bros

though the winds of change may blow around you
But that will always be so
when love is pain it can devour you
If you are never alone