• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 3 Thread - The Hills Reboot Is Happening.

Bdub

As I've already said, it's not something I am going to share on Nutopia; I've seen how things work around here. As far as your comment implying I'm just telling lies... yeah. Because that's what I do.

Look, I was just trying to share my story. It went further than I thought it would. But at this point, I've said what I'm going to say and I'm highly doubtful I'll ever even bring it up again. So say whatever you want about how I've handled it so that we can move on.
Hey don't get upset at me. You're the one accusing fan bases of things and then not wanting to tell us about it.

Brick

I'm going to need to know her thoughts on JaMarcus Russell.
my roommate in college who was on the track team said he was im a hot tub with RUSSell once and russ was talking about how he bets on LSU games.

my roommate also burned crosses onto his pecs one night with a blow torch, carved tic tac toe board (and moves!) into his arms before i found him in a pool of blood on the floor, and dropped out promptly. so take that fwiw.

giphy.gif

Skeeter

Uber felon
As I've already said, it's not something I am going to share on Nutopia; I've seen how things work around here. As far as your comment implying I'm just telling lies... yeah. Because that's what I do.

Look, I was just trying to share my story. It went further than I thought it would. But at this point, I've said what I'm going to say and I'm highly doubtful I'll ever even bring it up again. So say whatever you want about how I've handled it so that we can move on.
Pulling a move out of the Reel playbook. Nicely done

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Hey don't get upset at me. You're the one accusing fan bases of things and then not wanting to tell us about it.

I wasn't upset with you. I wasn't upset at all. Also, I'm not accusing an entire fan base. I'm accusing this one person. But the actions of this one person have affected how I feel about all U of U athletic teams. I think I've been very clear that it's this one guy and a handful of others that don't bother me as much and not an entire fan base.

I won't go into specifics because I know those details will be brought up and used for jokes down the road. But in so many words he basically called my mom a whore. And he said everything to my face and with all seriousness for a couple of minutes. I then said that the way he was wording it he was also calling my sister and my wife a whore as well and if he wanted to take it back. He said no and that he stood by everything he was saying and calling my mom (who he doesn't know). I left his office and avoided interacting with him as much as possible after that until he left the company.

Everybody happy now? Unexpected? No. But having it said right to my face with a hint of a smile behind all of his words... pissed me right off. That's not right.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Did the guy even know your mom or were you that offended by some random your mama joke?

I said he didn't know her. It was more than a mere "yo mama" joke, doe.

I'm in a no win here. Even if I give up every detail of what he said directly to my face, then everyone here will just make me out to be a weak butthurt idiot regardless of how bad it was. If I don't share, then I'm accusing an entire fanbase without proof.

I was there. It was in the past, but it has affected how I feel about the University of Utah. I only shared it as a story about why I can't bring myself to cheer for them. I'm fine not cheering for my rival; I'm not sure why everyone seems to think that's so odd. This is not some weight I carry on my shoulders every day. I rarely think about it. But it deeply offended me and it had an affect on me. So go ahead and either call me dishonest because I'm not sharing more (as if more details proves I'm not telling a lie or something) or call me butthurt over nothing. Then we can be done with this.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Don't say the details, sir. I wasn't prying for details. I just didn't read your whole post, but stay off Xbox Live or Ps4. Just some friendly advice. Nobody on there likes moms.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Don't say the details, sir. I wasn't prying for details. I just didn't read your whole post, but stay off Xbox Live or Ps4. Just some friendly advice. Nobody on there likes moms.

:thumbsup:

Noted.

If it were a simple yo mama joke, I probably wouldn't even remember it happened. Despite not knowing her, it was more than that and he knew exactly what he was saying. Like I said, I hardly ever think about it as it is. But it made it so that I actively hate the University of Utah athletics just so that he and people like him never have joy. Just like I'm sure idiot BYU fans have done the other way around. It's nothing special; it was just my story I was trying to share about why I can't cheer for them. It became something I didn't intend it to be.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Wait, a coworker of yours called your mom a whore at work because you went to BYU and Utah beat BYU? That's so far outside of the realm of acceptable behavior, especially at work, I would find it hard to paint the whole fanbase with that brush. Either way, that guy was a huge dick. Good lord.

Bdub

Should have punched him in the face. But then I guess you couldn't play the victim and that is the BYU way.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Should have punched him in the face. But then I guess you couldn't play the victim and that is the BYU way.

Or I could keep my job and continue to live in a home and feed my family. But BYU fans being victims fits your personal life narrative, so go with it.

Remind me, who was the one saying I was accusing an entire fan base when my story was clearly about a single person?

Bdub

Or I could keep my job and continue to live in a home and feed my family. But BYU fans being victims fits your personal life narrative, so go with it.

Remind me, who was the one saying I was accusing an entire fan base when my story was clearly about a single person?
I hope you at least went to HR and got him fired.

Skeeter

Uber felon
I had no idea there was so much Mormon hate. We need to get these two on a basketball court so they can slug it out properly