• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 3 Thread - Out of Time

bruin

DTR is the worst P5 QB in the nation. Bruins are terrible, but he’s holding back the offense.

That’s the worst UCLA defense I’ve seen in my lifetime. Slow, no athletes, worst core of LB’s.
Had OU 3rd and 19 on the first drive of the game and they just ran HURTS for two QB draws and then they scored. :laughing::crying:

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
DTR is the worst P5 QB in the nation. Bruins are terrible, but he’s holding back the offense.

That’s the worst UCLA defense I’ve seen in my lifetime. Slow, no athletes, worst core of LB’s.
Had OU 3rd and 19 on the first drive of the game and they just ran HURTS for two QB draws and then they scored. :laughing::crying:

Haven't watched Juicy play yet this year, but SC defense looks like they're playing flag football out there. Urrbody trying to arm-tackle. Our middle linebacker, John Houston, seriously, honest-to-Dawg looks like a cornerback. He's listed at 220, but I bet he's not more than 205, if even that.

Now, small linebackers aren't always bad, necessarily - Groots was a badass, as was Sammy Knight, but what they lacked in size, they made up for in speed, tenacity, instincts, and solid tackling.

Houston has none of that. Every time they run in his direction, he either gets pancaked, easily pushed out of the way, or he willfully avoids sticking his head in there.

Multiply that timidity by 11, and that's our defense in a nutshell.

bruin

Haven't watched Juicy play yet this year, but SC defense looks like they're playing flag football out there. Urrbody trying to arm-tackle. Our middle linebacker, John Houston, seriously, honest-to-Dawg looks like a cornerback. He's listed at 220, but I bet he's not more than 205, if even that.

Now, small linebackers aren't always bad, necessarily - Groots was a badass, as was Sammy Knight, but what they lacked in size, they made up for in speed, tenacity, instincts, and solid tackling.

Houston has none of that. Every time they run in his direction, he either gets pancaked, easily pushed out of the way, or he willfully avoids sticking his head in there.

Multiply that timidity by 11, and that's our defense in a nutshell.

Chris Claiborne, Brian Wilmer, Donnie Edwards, Zeke Moreno, David Gibson, Robert Thomas..now those were LB’s.

Where did it all go wrong?

bruin

I know it would blow up the Wilder-Fury rematch deal but I was on my feet when Wallin came to life for a minute at the beginning of the 12th.

Had Fury hurt..
Some beers were splashed and dropped at the house hold in the later rounds...
OU stank still was floating, but the Theatre of the Unexpected delivered

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Chris Claiborne, Brian Wilmer, Donnie Edwards, Zeke Moreno, David Gibson, Robert Thomas..now those were LB’s.

Where did it all go wrong?

Honestly, I think the proliferation of year-round 7-on-7 tourneys to help hone QB and WR skills has led to California HS footbaw devolving into the more pass-happy style of football, and the evolution of linebackers who are more like safeties (smaller, quicker, better in pass coverage) is what happened. It's why CA produces oodles of good QBs and WRs, but very few good OL, DL, LB, and HCs who understand that footbaw is still a sport for those who are willing to endure CTE.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

jerry-gif.gif