• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 3 - Presented by People who comment they arent watching

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
TV schedule Lank

Clemson-Louisville on Thursday is a nice start to the week.

Saturday Noon - Not a good game in the bunch. Best is probably Illinois at UNC, and thats not saying much.

3/3:30 games - Auburn @ LSU, GT @ Notre Dame and Nebraska @ Miami are all worth some attention.

Nighttime - USC at Georgia intrigues me, but I hate the 6pm telecast window. Stanford @ USC is the best one of the night followed by Ole Miss at Alabama. BYU @ UCLA is a good one if you can stay awake that long. I can't.

bruin

BYU is going to be a good test for the Bruins. Eager to see how our OL comes through. Mazzone needs to let Perkins get in a groove early and get him going. 15 first quarter passes had me kinda pissed in the stands in Vegas last week. V a totally undermanned squad like UNLV, I wanted to see the running the game early, but still ended up with a team 273 yards rushing.

what I remember from the BYU-Nebraska game was how physical BYU's WR's were. UCLA's secondary hasn't really been tested yet.

Bruins favored by 16.5 is interesting.

DC Tom Bradley hasn't really showed anything. Myles Jack mostly played outside the whole game v the Rebs with Cameron Judge and Jayon Brown playing inside. I expect more and more of that, especially in conference play.

honestly this is one of the best games of the weekend.

Last edited:

Brick

UCLA being a 17 point favorite is kind of crazy. BYU has played two decent opponents and have scored 68 points. I think UCLA will be fairly conservative in this game. UCLA shit the bed last year at home in three big games (lost to Utah, Oregon, Stanford). Two of those were lookaheads to Oregon. They play @ Arizona next week. We will see if they turn the corner.

Last edited:

Brick

Nebraska @ Miami is the game clueless NFL fans will watch. I'd rather watch a replay of Oregon State @ Michigan than that sad shit.

Brick

Stanford @ USC is the most interesting game to me. There's no doubt Stanford can pull an upset or two when Hogan is clicking. They've already had a come to Jesus moment in a young season and USC hasn't played anyone. USC could blow their doors off, but if I'm @TrojanMan I'm nervous as hell. Especially the way Furd usually plays them in the Shaw/Harbaugh era. This is one where if it is close after the first quarter, it will probably go down to the wire. We'll know really fast if Stanford's offense will be able to do anything. Hogan is more inconsistent than Bo Wallace.

bruin

Stanford has to hang in there early. USC's front 7, especially DL is nothing to ride home about. If Hogan turns the ball over early or Shaw calls some more Wildcat BS from 3rd and goal at the 7, they're in deep. Stanford has to keep it within 10 points by half. They don't have the firepower.

Stanford plays 'SC tough at the Coliseum, though. I'd be more confident if I was an SC fan if it was at the farm.

Last edited:

bruin

Yeah, Miami-Neb is a snorefest.

but they'll show Orange Bowl highlights from the early 90's to bring back that MYSTIQUE.

I'm all over GT-Notre Dame and Auburn-LSU at 12:30.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Def. Texas is a dumpster fire. Rice score was quite misleading. Box scores, extended highlights be damned.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Stanford has to hang in there early. USC's front 7, especially DL is nothing to ride home about. If Hogan turns the ball over early or Shaw calls some more Wildcat BS from 3rd and goal at the 7, they're in deep. Stanford has to keep it within 10 points by half. They don't have the firepower.

Stanford plays 'SC tough at the Coliseum, though. I'd be more confident if I was an SC fan if it was at the farm.

This will be the real start of the USC season, finally playing an opponent that has the ability to beat them. Stanford doesn't look as scary in the trenches as they were in recent years, but then that's true of USC as well. Hogan is one of those QBs that's inconsistent, but shows flashes of greatness at times. Kessler seems to be either really hot, or really not. USC's receivers have run wild in the first two games, but they were playing the freaking Sun Belt. If they can gash a Pac 12 defense, then we might actually have something.

The other good news for USC is that they have quite a deep, talented, and most importantly, healthy stable of running backs who are all quite good. None of them appears to be the next 'great one' to add to the legacy of Tailback U, but all of them have showed nice speed.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
If SC doesn't beat Furd, lawd. They gave up over 200 rushing yards to Northwestern and their offense is hot garbage.

Cal gonna drop a 40lb box on Texas. Bart Scott.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Since I'm Mormon and don't gamble, can someone help me find the over/under numbers for these categories on the BYU/UCLA game?

- Number of nut punches by BYU
- Number of dirty late hits by BYU
- Number of children in the stands kidnapped for overseas slavery by BYU
- Number of nuclear bomb codes stolen by BYU

Bdub

Since I'm Mormon and don't gamble, can someone help me find the over/under numbers for these categories on the BYU/UCLA game?

- Number of nut punches by BYU
- Number of dirty late hits by BYU
- Number of children in the stands kidnapped for overseas slavery by BYU
- Number of nuclear bomb codes stolen by BYU
Your persecution complex is getting a little out of hand.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Your persecution complex is getting a little out of hand.

Sometimes you read/hear what you want to hear. Am I not allowed to poke fun of my own team being called the dirtiest team in America? If anyone else had written something like that, I'll bet you would have found it funny. But I do it and it's proof of a persecution complex.

:facepalm: ... I have a headache.

Bdub

Sometimes you read/hear what you want to hear. Am I not allowed to poke fun of my own team being called the dirtiest team in America? If anyone else had written something like that, I'll bet you would have found it funny. But I do it and it's proof of a persecution complex.

:facepalm: ... I have a headache.
This is to easy. Going to start calling you @Reel

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Can BYU just win every game with less than a minute left?

I'd be just fine with that. I mean, I think I'd have to go the hospital to have my heart checked at some point. But if BYU won every game with less than a minute this season, I think we'd be National Champs again.

Uh-oh. I said BYU and National Champs in the same sentence. No one tell any Ute fans or I'll never hear the end of it.

:trollface:

bruin

feeling more confident the Bruins D can hold BYU in check.

could see some more 4-3. Gotta keep Mangum in the pocket.

Myles Jack will probably be more in coverage.

BYU is kinda like Stanford light. Eager to see how Bradley game plans against that.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
Pretty decent slate of games. Think Nebraska has a good shot at beating Miami.

Can't wait to see GT truck the domers

BYU-Utah playing each other in 2020. Should be a good game between 2 fanbases that have a lot of respect for each other

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Who even is Pitt's coach these days? They go through em like toilet paper lately.

Fucked if I know. I'm going for the Drinko and then some Mesa Pizza after the game.

kltcUozl.jpg

bruin

totally forgot you were going this Saturday.

made the trip to Vegas last against UNLV @whiteyc_77

That wiped me out for this week. Have fun, man. Got a break being it's a night game. Going to be triple digits in P Town during the day on Saturday.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
totally forgot you were going this Saturday.

made the trip to Vegas last against UNLV @whiteyc_77

That wiped me out for this week. Have fun, man. Got a break being it's a night game. Going to be triple digits in P Town during the day on Saturday.

Planning on having a blast. Any advice you could give would be clutch. We've already got tickets. Is there a preferred place to park? What time should we head that way? We are planning on doing the Hollywood touristy thing when we land on Saturday morning, so any pointers on when we should head to the stadium would be very helpful.

-YTC

R2D2

It's already Week 3? Fuck. GT playing an almost real defense means they'll lose this weekend. :thumbsup:

Bdub

Pretty decent slate of games. Think Nebraska has a good shot at beating Miami.

Can't wait to see GT truck the domers

BYU-Utah playing each other in 2020. Should be a good game between 2 fanbases that have a lot of respect for each other
BYU and Utah fans respect each other? You must not live in Utah.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
deshaun watson is the new brett hundley. dont understand the hype on this dude at all.

Efficieniez! QBRz!

Not that difficult to do when 95% of your passes are within 10 yards of the LOS, and 75% of them are jet sweep/smoke/screen routes.

-YTC

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah I read that. It's amazing. EMU is so historically terrible.

Brick

Efficieniez! QBRz!

Not that difficult to do when 95% of your passes are within 10 yards of the LOS, and 75% of them are jet sweep/smoke/screen routes.

-YTC
He's one of those young QBs where the media have fawned over him so much so early, that there's no turning back. Also, the narrative that he has "one of the best arms in college football" and overcompensating when he runs with "it isn't the best part of his game, but he can do it when he needs to". GTFO

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
In fairness, Clemson's offense doesn't really seem to be a passer friendly system.

14/2 TD/INT is also damn good as a freshman, especially when their run game sucked last year.

Brick

He's not bad. But I heard multiple times last night and over the offseason that he is a Heisman contender, and that he vaults them to a playoff level team.