• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 14 Thread - Sussudio

bruin

Ah, she's all I need all of my life
I feel so good if I just say the word
Sussudio I just say the word
Oh Sussudio I just say the word
Oh Sussudio I'll say the word

Last meaningful CFB Saturday with a full slate of games is here. Where did it all go? Gameday is heading to Minneapolis for the first time ever as the Golden Gophers host Wisconsin. Your rivalry weekend with Thanksgiving thrown in. Best holiday of 'em all. See you guys in the Thanksgiving day thread and this one well. Have a good week. Cheers.

Notable matchups:
#2 Ohio State at #10 Michigan, 9:00 AM PT, FOX
#3 Clemson at South Carolina, 9:00 AM PT, ESPN
#4 Georgia at Georgia Tech, 9:00 AM PT, ABC
#5 Alabama at #16 Auburn, 12:30 PT, CBS
#12 Wisconsin at #9 Minnesota, 12:30 PT, ABC
Texas A&M at #1 LSU, 4:00 PT, ESPN
Colorado at #6 Utah, 4:00 PT, ABC
#7 Oklahoma at #21 Oklahoma State, 5:00 PT, FOX

Ah, she's all I need all of my life
I feel so good if I just say the word
Sussudio I just say the word
Oh Sussudio I just say the word
Oh Sussudio I'll say the word

THROUGH-THE-TABLE.gif

6a00d8341c86d053ef0120a4e5de3b970b-400wi

cam-invest.gif

frampton-1300x731.jpg

tim-biakabatuka-313-ohio-state.jpg

22The-Brawl22.jpg

There's this girl that's been on my mind
All the time, Sussudio oh oh
Now she don't even know my name
But I think she likes me just the same
Sussudio oh oh

Lightningwar

Administrator
I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke. Before that, I really didn't understand any of their work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Duke where Phil Collins' presence became more apparent. I think Invisible Touch was the group's undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Banks, Collins and Rutherford. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Take the lyrics to "Land of Confusion". In this song, Phil Collins addresses the problems of abusive political authority. "In Too Deep" is the most moving pop song of the 1980s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative a anything I've heard in rock. Phil Collins' solo career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like "In the Air Tonight" and, "Against All Odds". But I also think Phil Collins works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. And that is where we land at "Sussudio", a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Lovie should qualify for best assistant coach award. He is the D coordinator of the #1 turnover generating defense after all.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I’m so glad I turned that on with like 40 seconds left

What an utter shitshow and it turned out in MSU’s favor, so all good!