• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 13 Thread - Revel in the Electric Rivalries

bruin

Kevin Faulk was really hoping he didn't have to unleash that smoke. Fucking Breckyn got what was coming to him.

Ds5OAmMUwAAnL5j.jpg

Lightningwar

Administrator
Apparently this douchelord got into it with an FSU staffer last year on the sideline before a game. He was pushed away and told to get away from the staffer, walked away punching himself in the head, then went back and shoved said staffer again. Apple doesn't fall far from the trees in that family.

Sounds like Dameyune Craig is what started it. He is a coach at A&M. He was with Fisher until 2012 and went to Auburn in 2013. He was famously stealing our signals during the first half of the national championsip until the genius Fisher finally covered them up. He then went to LSU before being fired by Coach O. I guess after the win Sat night he ran over talking all sorts of shit to the LSU sideline. And this douchelord Cole followed him.

I love that ESECPN has not yet identified this guy as Fishers nephew. And titled their article Kevin Faulk gets into shoving match.

Last edited:

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni

200.gif

I can't remember being completely disinterested in a season, 9+ months before it even starts. :laughing:

I think he still has a job for 3 reasons:
1.) No 'permanent' President at the university at the moment. Interim Pres (and by extension Swann) likely don't have the horsepower to make any long term changes.
2.) Dr. Perv at the med campus was a PR disaster, and is going to cost the school a fortune. Helton isn't likely to attract the NCAA's bloodhounds any time soon, so at least there's no scandal there.
3.) Who is going to replace him?

In general terms, I'm all good with keeping a coach after 1 bad season....particularly when he was 21-6 in the previous two, including a Pac12 title and a Rose Bowl win. I don't want a revolving door of coaches, so I'm good with giving coaches a mulligan.

That being said....
I don't think Helton is as good of a coach as the 21-6 indicates. I think Darnold's heroics bagged him far more wins than he 'deserved.' And it's not just the 5-7 record this year. It's the way the team played that is hard to swallow. Totally undisciplined, and soft as butter. Every game was the same: score 2 or 3 times early and look decent for a quarter or so, and then bend over, grab the ankles, and hang on for dear life while the opponent ripped off as many points as they wanted. That's all coaching.....or lack thereof.

It'll be interesting to see what the crowds look like next year. The renovated Coliseum debuts, including a bunch of new suites (that people paid between $1m and $8m for)....and this is the product they're being offered?

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
200.gif

I can't remember being completely disinterested in a season, 9+ months before it even starts. :laughing:

I think he still has a job for 3 reasons:
1.) No 'permanent' President at the university at the moment. Interim Pres (and by extension Swann) likely don't have the horsepower to make any long term changes.
2.) Dr. Perv at the med campus was a PR disaster, and is going to cost the school a fortune. Helton isn't likely to attract the NCAA's bloodhounds any time soon, so at least there's no scandal there.
3.) Who is going to replace him?

In general terms, I'm all good with keeping a coach after 1 bad season....particularly when he was 21-6 in the previous two, including a Pac12 title and a Rose Bowl win. I don't want a revolving door of coaches, so I'm good with giving coaches a mulligan.

That being said....
I don't think Helton is as good of a coach as the 21-6 indicates. I think Darnold's heroics bagged him far more wins than he 'deserved.' And it's not just the 5-7 record this year. It's the way the team played that is hard to swallow. Totally undisciplined, and soft as butter. Every game was the same: score 2 or 3 times early and look decent for a quarter or so, and then bend over, grab the ankles, and hang on for dear life while the opponent ripped off as many points as they wanted. That's all coaching.....or lack thereof.

It'll be interesting to see what the crowds look like next year. The renovated Coliseum debuts, including a bunch of new suites (that people paid between $1m and $8m for)....and this is the product they're being offered?

Eh - you were a wee babe when Paul Hackett was coach, but the pattern was very similar - jump out to a lead early, on the backs of the speedsters USC always seems to have at the skill positions, then watch that lead erode, fade, and turn into a deficit as inferior coaching and lack of adjustments take hold.

It was like giving an addict $5000 to turn his life around where at first he gets and apartment and a bus pass, applies for jerbs, and looks like he's gonna be okay. Then, after not finding any jerbs, gets discouraged and buys a six-pack to chill out, which morphs into trying to score smack with his old dealer who has now jacked up prices. Pretty soon he's deeply in deficit again and smoking pole to get his fix.

But really - I fully expect nothing better than a 7-5 record next year, and that's probably wildly optimistic. I predict we will lose to the rivals, as well as Stanford, UW, and Oregon. The rest of the schedule is a toss up, as Cal has broken whatever mystique we once held over them, the Arizonas are going to be tough (for us) and Utah and Colorado likewise. Furthermore, we face Fresno in the first game. They're going to be coming off a strong season and have always been a tough out for USC for various reasons.

So, next year at best will be highly mediocre, but it could also be a 3-win unmitigated disaster, with attendance figures in the 40-45k range.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I'm not going to defend that chode Fisher, but unless there is more we don't see on video here, Kragthorpe was exaggerating as fuck.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
So upon further review, Fisher didn't really do shit wrong. He was trying to keep Dameyune Craig away from the LSU sideline and then ended up getting bumped from behind by Kragthorpe. This reddit post has all the evidence.

Kragthorpe is a liar.

Lightningwar

Administrator
lol what? That is nice spin. The video shows him pushing Kragthorpe in the chest after Craig had already left. And then continues to get into the faces of everybody there. Now can that be interpreted as a punch by a guy with a pacemaker? Maybe, could he be embelishing the force? Maybe. But Cole Fisher is a hothead as witnessed last year when he went at it with an FSU staffer twice before a game. He went after people employed by his uncle. The guy doesn't make good decisions.

At best you have him trying to get a coach on the A&M staff from getting into a fight after the game. And then himself getting into a fight. At worst the guy with a history if fighting on the field with non-players backing up his coach and then getting into it with Kevin Faulk and apparently a safety for LSU. Who punched him in the head and settled him down.

Neither outcome looks good for A&M imo.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
That ain't what I saw, b. He was chasing Craig the entire time. He got him away from the sideline and was heading back. Kragthorpe came up behind him and bumped him. He then pushed Kragthorpe away. At no point did Kragthorpe buckle over or get hit out of nowhere.

He also got sucker punched by an LSU player and Faulk didn't really do shit to him if you watch the video. He never even buckled and gave one back.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Weird that a FSU fan would try to spin this as a bad thing for A&M

I am relaying what happened last year with the same guy as he went after an FSU staffer. But do you think this is this a good look either way for A&M? A coach running over like that to talk shit and get in the face of the opposing team? And the nephew of the head coach getting into it with them as well?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
It probably isn't, but to me, it is a worse look on LSU with a lying corch and a sucker punching player.

"I got punched in the pacemaker" Fuck off man. He knew that was playing on errybody's sympathy and we all bought it.

Lightningwar

Administrator
That ain't what I saw, b. He was chasing Craig the entire time. He got him away from the sideline and was heading back. Kragthorpe came up behind him and bumped him. He then pushed Kragthorpe away. At no point did Kragthorpe buckle over or get hit out of nowhere.

He also got sucker punched by an LSU player and Faulk didn't really do shit to him if you watch the video. He never even buckled and gave one back.

I can admit that was no punch. But to Kragthorpe on the receiving end it may have felt different. But after pushing Kragthorpe what does he do? Runs into the LSU mob and gets in their faces.

NML

I am relaying what happened last year with the same guy as he went after an FSU staffer. But do you think this is this a good look either way for A&M? A coach running over like that to talk shit and get in the face of the opposing team? And the nephew of the head coach getting into it with them as well?

It looks worse for LSU - I don’t think this has any impact on A&M other than maybe that kid loses his sideline pass

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Eh - you were a wee babe when Paul Hackett was coach, but the pattern was very similar - jump out to a lead early, on the backs of the speedsters USC always seems to have at the skill positions, then watch that lead erode, fade, and turn into a deficit as inferior coaching and lack of adjustments take hold.

It was like giving an addict $5000 to turn his life around where at first he gets and apartment and a bus pass, applies for jerbs, and looks like he's gonna be okay. Then, after not finding any jerbs, gets discouraged and buys a six-pack to chill out, which morphs into trying to score smack with his old dealer who has now jacked up prices. Pretty soon he's deeply in deficit again and smoking pole to get his fix.

But really - I fully expect nothing better than a 7-5 record next year, and that's probably wildly optimistic. I predict we will lose to the rivals, as well as Stanford, UW, and Oregon. The rest of the schedule is a toss up, as Cal has broken whatever mystique we once held over them, the Arizonas are going to be tough (for us) and Utah and Colorado likewise. Furthermore, we face Fresno in the first game. They're going to be coming off a strong season and have always been a tough out for USC for various reasons.

So, next year at best will be highly mediocre, but it could also be a 3-win unmitigated disaster, with attendance figures in the 40-45k range.

Oh, I remember the Hackett years. But I don't recall those teams having this same level of talent (at least on paper) on the roster. SC is never hurting; the program somewhat recruits itself. But it feels like Helton has more to work with than even Hackett did. I don't know......maybe I'm just "mis-remembering" 20 years later.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Oh, I remember the Hackett years. But I don't recall those teams having this same level of talent (at least on paper) on the roster. SC is never hurting; the program somewhat recruits itself. But it feels like Helton has more to work with than even Hackett did. I don't know......maybe I'm just "mis-remembering" 20 years later.

Carson Palmer was there for the whole of Hackett's tenure. Troy Polamalu, Kareem Kelly, Malaefou MacKenzie, Chad Morton, R. Jay Soward, Chris Claiborne, Markus Steele, David Gibson - all were there under Hackett, so yeah, Hackett did have a fair amount of talent to work with.

Where that team lacked, however, is where this team (and Sarkiffin teams as well) lacked - on the offensive and defensive lines. Sure, we have a Tyron Smith or Leonard Williams sprinkled in here and there, but they are the rare exceptional players among a sea of mostly average and below average talents.

And football, despite what Kiffin and those like him want to make it into (and what the Mater Dei boys - JT Daniels and Amon-Ra St. Brown excelled at) is still a game of big guys pushing around other big guys so the slightly smaller and faster guys have room to run the footbaw. If you lack those big, strong bodies, well, you might have a puncher's chance if your offense has really excellent skill players, but you'll mostly be at a disadvantage. I'm not sure that Helton, as a former QB (as were Sarkisian and Kiffin before him) fully understands that basic rule of the game.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
lol what? That is nice spin. The video shows him pushing Kragthorpe in the chest after Craig had already left. And then continues to get into the faces of everybody there. Now can that be interpreted as a punch by a guy with a pacemaker? Maybe, could he be embelishing the force? Maybe. But Cole Fisher is a hothead as witnessed last year when he went at it with an FSU staffer twice before a game. He went after people employed by his uncle. The guy doesn't make good decisions.

At best you have him trying to get a coach on the A&M staff from getting into a fight after the game. And then himself getting into a fight. At worst the guy with a history if fighting on the field with non-players backing up his coach and then getting into it with Kevin Faulk and apparently a safety for LSU. Who punched him in the head and settled him down.

Neither outcome looks good for A&M imo.

Its fairly clear the dude doesnt make good decisions if hes gonna throw floppy hands at Kevin Faulk's head. The only thing I havent seen is the actual video of Faulk getting into it with Fisher and what Faulk actually did, outside of 1-2 still photographs.

Kragthorpe looks the absolute worst in all of this which is absolutely amazing considering theres a video of Fisher throwing floppy hands at Faulk AND an LSU player punching Fisher in the face. The video is clear as day he went out after Craig and got right up on Fisher's ass. You can't pull that kind of shit and then run off to the media and claim you were trying to be about sportsmanship and got sucker punched in the chest.

Fisher probably didn't need to shove Kragthorpe away, but we have 0 idea what Kragthorpe was yelling at Craig (or Fisher) and Kragthorpe has already proven you can't believe a word he says about the incident. I personally would probably want to get the guy off me.

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
Does the SEC fan base purchase 95% of the country’s khaki pants inventory? Jesus, is it ever loathsome and derivative

Skeeter

Uber felon
Don't forget about the Michigan coaches and everyone on the sidelines in their matching blue jackets and Walmart khakis. That has to account for at least 10%

fried rice

Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Its fairly clear the dude doesnt make good decisions if hes gonna throw floppy hands at Kevin Faulk's head. The only thing I havent seen is the actual video of Faulk getting into it with Fisher and what Faulk actually did, outside of 1-2 still photographs.

Kragthorpe looks the absolute worst in all of this which is absolutely amazing considering theres a video of Fisher throwing floppy hands at Faulk AND an LSU player punching Fisher in the face. The video is clear as day he went out after Craig and got right up on Fisher's ass. You can't pull that kind of shit and then run off to the media and claim you were trying to be about sportsmanship and got sucker punched in the chest.

Fisher probably didn't need to shove Kragthorpe away, but we have 0 idea what Kragthorpe was yelling at Craig (or Fisher) and Kragthorpe has already proven you can't believe a word he says about the incident. I personally would probably want to get the guy off me.

Because I’m an LSU fan and Texas A&M is a bunch of dicks, I’m going to assume that the “punch” was more forceful in real time and Kragthorpe’s brain pacemaker made it feel like he got socked.