1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

Week 13 Thread - Revel in the Electric Rivalries

Discussion in 'College Football Discussion' started by BasinBictory, Nov 18, 2018.

1. NML

NML Well-Known Member

It looks worse for LSU - I don’t think this has any impact on A&M other than maybe that kid loses his sideline pass

2. TrojanMan

TrojanMan Pink Panther Mod Alumni

Team:
    USC
    Oh, I remember the Hackett years. But I don't recall those teams having this same level of talent (at least on paper) on the roster. SC is never hurting; the program somewhat recruits itself. But it feels like Helton has more to work with than even Hackett did. I don't know......maybe I'm just "mis-remembering" 20 years later.

3. BasinBictory

BasinBictory CHICKEN NUT BREAD

Team:
    USC
    Carson Palmer was there for the whole of Hackett's tenure. Troy Polamalu, Kareem Kelly, Malaefou MacKenzie, Chad Morton, R. Jay Soward, Chris Claiborne, Markus Steele, David Gibson - all were there under Hackett, so yeah, Hackett did have a fair amount of talent to work with.

Where that team lacked, however, is where this team (and Sarkiffin teams as well) lacked - on the offensive and defensive lines. Sure, we have a Tyron Smith or Leonard Williams sprinkled in here and there, but they are the rare exceptional players among a sea of mostly average and below average talents.

And football, despite what Kiffin and those like him want to make it into (and what the Mater Dei boys - JT Daniels and Amon-Ra St. Brown excelled at) is still a game of big guys pushing around other big guys so the slightly smaller and faster guys have room to run the footbaw. If you lack those big, strong bodies, well, you might have a puncher's chance if your offense has really excellent skill players, but you'll mostly be at a disadvantage. I'm not sure that Helton, as a former QB (as were Sarkisian and Kiffin before him) fully understands that basic rule of the game.

4. GatorTD

GatorTD Male Mod Alumni

Its fairly clear the dude doesnt make good decisions if hes gonna throw floppy hands at Kevin Faulk's head. The only thing I havent seen is the actual video of Faulk getting into it with Fisher and what Faulk actually did, outside of 1-2 still photographs.

Kragthorpe looks the absolute worst in all of this which is absolutely amazing considering theres a video of Fisher throwing floppy hands at Faulk AND an LSU player punching Fisher in the face. The video is clear as day he went out after Craig and got right up on Fisher's ass. You can't pull that kind of shit and then run off to the media and claim you were trying to be about sportsmanship and got sucker punched in the chest.

Fisher probably didn't need to shove Kragthorpe away, but we have 0 idea what Kragthorpe was yelling at Craig (or Fisher) and Kragthorpe has already proven you can't believe a word he says about the incident. I personally would probably want to get the guy off me.

5. silverwheels

silverwheels more like Turd Crapley

Team:
    RUSS
    The main point is Texas A&M is gay. Always has been. Always will be.

6. DeadMan

DeadMan aka spiker or DeadMong

Team:
    Michigan
    Really wish I still had the Aggie yell chart that I think @bighuskermav put together in 2005 somewhere.

7. pavel

pavel fried foods world champs Utopia Moderator

Team:
    goofyfoots
    Does the SEC fan base purchase 95% of the country’s khaki pants inventory? Jesus, is it ever loathsome and derivative

kella and Bmack like this.
  8. Skeeter

Skeeter Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the Michigan coaches and everyone on the sidelines in their matching blue jackets and Walmart khakis. That has to account for at least 10%

Irishman likes this.
  9. Lightningwar

Lightningwar Administrator

Sounds like we solved the Khaki consumption pattern in this country.

Skeeter likes this.
  10. fried rice

fried rice Who wants to sex Mutombo?

Team:
    Miles
    Because I’m an LSU fan and Texas A&M is a bunch of dicks, I’m going to assume that the “punch” was more forceful in real time and Kragthorpe’s brain pacemaker made it feel like he got socked.