1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

Week 13 Thread - Revel in the Electric Rivalries

Discussion in 'College Football Discussion' started by BasinBictory, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Bmack

Bmack Well-Known Member Mod Alumni

Team:
    WVU
    He didn't change his handle to Kingjaxes so pretty weak. He's got the kind of clout where he can change his handle and have the owners of that website keep his real name in reserve so no on sneaks in and takes it. He should have went all out. Lost a lot of respect for him here.

Bruce Wayne, Hachiko, bjc and 11 others like this.
  2. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Utopia

Team:
    Mitakihara
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

fiz and Rutgers Mike like this.
  3. Bdub

Bdub Well-Known Member

Props to BYU they actually brought it this year instead of bumbling around the whole game. Playing conservative with a lead is a time honored tradition at Utah. I'm sure that is where Sitake got it from.

As far as the announcers go, when they started talking like that BYU had clearly given the game up. There was little chance they were going to drive the field after getting blitzed in the 4th quarter like they did.

Hachiko likes this.
  4. Wooly

Wooly Well-Known Member

Team:
    Halifax
    Why, what do you like about the NFL system? I much prefer college, it seems more equal.

Hachiko likes this.
  5. Southpaw

Southpaw Fuckface Utopia Moderator

Jimbo Fisher's nephew punched Kragthorpe, who has Parkinson's and a pacemaker. Kevin Faulk took care of that, tho.

[​IMG]

6. Lightningwar

Lightningwar Administrator

Not having 7 OTs and a game that lasts nearly 6 hours. That was a ridiculous spectacle on Sat night.

The NFL right now has a good OT. If the team with the first possession scores a TD. The opposition is allowed to answer. If no TD it goes to sudden death OT. With a time period and allows a tie.

7. Lightningwar

Fisher family is nothing but class.

8. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Utopia

Team:
    Mitakihara
  9. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

Team:
    Houston
    Not quite.

If the first possession results in a touchdown or safety, the scoring team wins. During the regular season in the NFL, one overtime period is played (with each team receiving two time outs). If both teams are tied after the 10-minute overtime, the game officially ends in a tie.

I agree with those that say this is a better system than cfb, but it does mean there is a significant chance that games will end in a tie.

10. Lightningwar

Interesting, I thought both teams were given an opportunity if a TD was scored. CFB can modify it to allow for a response even if a TD is scored.

11. Wooly

Wooly Well-Known Member

Team:
    Halifax
    I just like the idea of each team getting an equal chance to score. I don't keep up with the NFL, so I didn't know that was how they did OT now. It sounds better than it used to be, but it still sounds like the team that wins the coin flip and gets the ball first has an advantage.

The extra OT periods in CFB don't bother me either, I find it fun. I didn't watch the LSU-A&M game, but I watched a replay just to watch those 7OTs. It was kind of amazing to me.

If all those OTs bother you, than I get not wanting the rules to allow it to drag on. But I find the need to make it fair for both teams to be the more compelling argument, to me to me.

12. Wuf

Wuf Desensitized and Willing

Team:
    NUGGZ
    College should push back the starting line of scrimmage to the 40 or 50 or something, and then the NFL can adopt that and I'd be a-okay with that

13. Wooly

Wooly Well-Known Member

Team:
    Halifax
    That's probably a good idea.

14. DeadMan

DeadMan aka spiker or DeadMong

Team:
    Michigan
    I think the 35 or 30 would even be okay. Right now, if you gain no yards in a possession, you still have a 42ish yard FG for points. I don't like that teams can be rewarded with points without actually doing anything. Move it back a couple of yards, and the defense will allow no points if they can get a stop. You could also ban extra points in OT from the beginning.

NFL OT is better than it used to be, but college OT is still better and way more entertaining. NFL OT will start to be worse and worse if NFL offenses continue to get better.

Soonerfan09 and Wuf like this.
  15. Southpaw

If player safety is key, they need to change the college rule. Make erryone go for 2 from the start seems fair. Kickers are gay anyway.

16. kella

kella Smug know-it-all Administrator Operations

This Marquardt guy has a job at the White House in his immediate future

17. Southpaw

He may really not know who he is, but he was on the sidelines and it is clearly him. Fucking chode. Can't even shave that peach fuzz for a wedding or prom. Prolly prom.

[​IMG]

Hachiko likes this.
  18. kella

kella Smug know-it-all Administrator Operations

I love skinny guys with a double chin. How is this even possible?

Hachiko likes this.
  19. DeadMan

DeadMan aka spiker or DeadMong

Team:
    Michigan
    Does that guy even have a jaw?

Hachiko likes this.
  20. Wuf

Wuf Desensitized and Willing

Team:
    NUGGZ
    Totally agree, you should be able to make at least one first down before you actually have a shot at a decent FG