• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 13 Presented by Life Champions Tennessee

Lightningwar

Administrator
Anyways win felt good. I got a little worried when they closed to it 10-6 and after we fumbled the punt return. But our defense played lights out most of the night. And our offense finally wore out their defense.

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
There are few things that make me happier than knowing that should PSU win on Saturday (they won't), they would be the team to prove that this "playoff" is a farce, regardless if they make it or not.

I mean, Wisky is gonna win, but oh the lulz that would be delicious if PSU were to pull off the upset.

-YTC

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
There are few things that make me happier than knowing that should PSU win on Saturday (they won't), they would be the team to prove that this "playoff" is a farce, regardless if they make it or not.

I mean, Wisky is gonna win, but oh the lulz that would be delicious if PSU were to pull off the upset.

-YTC

I want all the chaos. Give me Florida winning, Virginia Tech winning, and Warshington winning.

1. Ohio State
2. Michigan
3. Penn State
4. ROW THE BOAT!

200_s.gif

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Would be hilarious if it was bama, osu, whoever and psu, and tOUS and somehow PSU won and then PSU wont the whole damn thing.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
I think Penn State winning by itself would be enough chaos. That's the scenario where Ohio State doesn't make it. Which would be hilarious, because they're pretty clearly one of the top 4 teams in the country.

You are who the committee says you are. -- Big Tuna.

JAR201166

If Colorado beats Washington an Penn state wins or wisky it will come down to those two I'm pulling for Washington bama will wreck them

Bucksin04

I think Penn State winning by itself would be enough chaos. That's the scenario where Ohio State doesn't make it. Which would be hilarious, because they're pretty clearly one of the top 4 teams in the country.

There is a zero percent chance that OSU is left out, regardless of what happens this weekend.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
WAT.

You seriously believe the committee would bump #2 OSU for Penn State? Srsly?

Brick

Yeah, you're off ur shit if you think Ohio State is getting left out under any scenario. Even with the dumb committee.

Bucksin04

If PSU wins, the argument is PSU v. Washington for the 4th spot, not PSU v. OSU. Stewart Mandel summed it up best.

The Buckeyes could finish with three victories over 10-win teams (Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Michigan) and a close road loss to a fourth (Penn State). No playoff team to date produced anything like that even with a championship game.

Penn State, on the other hand, has one glorious win (Ohio State) but also a 39-point loss (to Michigan). And whereas the Buckeyes beat Oklahoma by three touchdowns on the road, Penn State lost to non-conference foe Pittsburgh.

Therefore, I don’t believe the purported Ohio State-Penn State argument is going to be much of an argument for the committee. Ohio State is in.

The more pertinent question by Saturday night might be: Can 11-2 Wisconsin or Penn State beat out 12-1 Washington?

Here’s what that comparison might look like when including a Penn State or Wisconsin win over the other and a Washington win over Colorado.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...washington-wisconsin-oklahoma-colorado-112816

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I think there's a reasonable chance OSU gets left out, and I would be nervous as an OSU fan.

The way I see it is that it's obvious Alabama, Clemson, and Washington are all in with wins. They'll all have conference championships and one or fewer losses. Then it comes down to OSU and someone else. If Penn State wins, they beat OSU and have a conference championship. We all can look at this with our god-like minds and realize conference championships don't mean a team is the best team in their conference (because if Wisconsin can still win the Big Ten, that's dumb). But the committee is dumb.

From that Mandel article:

But the protocol also states that criteria like conference championships and head-to-head outcomes are to be “specifically applied as tie-breakers between teams that look similar.”

Might fight squarely with the OSU-Penn State question. Especially if you don't believe OSU is unequivocally one of the best 4 teams. The argument is there, considering they have a couple of close wins like Michigan, Northwestern, and Wisconsin. OSU isn't rampaging through their schedule like Alabama.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I just hope there's lots of fuckery afoot on Saturday and the committee totally fucks it up. Four teams is worse than two teams. 16 team playoff, 10 automatic conference qualifiers and six at-large. Fall semester exam week be damned

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
I think there's a reasonable chance OSU gets left out, and I would be nervous as an OSU fan.

The way I see it is that it's obvious Alabama, Clemson, and Washington are all in with wins. They'll all have conference championships and one or fewer losses. Then it comes down to OSU and someone else. If Penn State wins, they beat OSU and have a conference championship. We all can look at this with our god-like minds and realize conference championships don't mean a team is the best team in their conference (because if Wisconsin can still win the Big Ten, that's dumb). But the committee is dumb.

From that Mandel article:

Might fight squarely with the OSU-Penn State question. Especially if you don't believe OSU is unequivocally one of the best 4 teams. The argument is there, considering they have a couple of close wins like Michigan, Northwestern, and Wisconsin. OSU isn't rampaging through their schedule like Alabama.
Obvious caveat is that the committee has to believe the teams are tied... EYE TEST will keep Ohio state 'head and shoulders' above the rest in question

Skeeter

Uber felon
I actually don't really care. Only thing that makes me want OSU to get left out is the tears of OSU fans.
Never be as salty as ur corches tears.

I like chaos but I highly doubt osu gets left out in any scenario. butt hurt be damned.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
oh they won them all? News to me.

The way the process works is all based on the "eye test" and 1 and 4 point wins over shit teams don't do it for me. Win them all or leave it in the hands of the committee. No reason to complain unless you win them all.