• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 13 Presented by FALK

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Trey Holtz (who went to my HS) gon take over Notre Dame after Brian Kelly implodes

IMG_2061.jpg

tenor.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer

Nothing more intimidating than a night game at DAD'S STADIUM

We did win a state title my freshman year (I guess I have a thing with titles and freshman years, maybe I should start a bidding war for a master's degree) so I guess it worked. Our school corch always has the corniest slogans for the team though. One year was ONE HEARTBEAT and all the football players had to wear that on a wristband the entire season.

CJ_24

Are we sure Mike Leach is good? Has he ever won a conference 'shampship? Made a conference 'shampship? Won a game that really matters?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Of course Saban thinks Bammer still deserves to be in the playoff despite the loss, except that they don't have a win over a top 15 opponent and got dominated in their one loss, so...

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
That same corch produced Aaron Murray and Robert Marve, so that should tell you how effective his dumb slogans are.

CJ_24

Didn't Mr. Marve get arrested before he left Miami? His tenure at the U was less than successful.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

We did win a state title my freshman year (I guess I have a thing with titles and freshman years, maybe I should start a bidding war for a master's degree) so I guess it worked. Our school corch always has the corniest slogans for the team though. One year was ONE HEARTBEAT and all the football players had to wear that on a wristband the entire season.

Master's degree?

lol-duck.gif

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
He's good but we will never know how good because only shitty programs hire him. He's too weird to get a big job and always gets his shit pushed in 2-3 times a year.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1

Did you have sick programs with shitty legless photoshop cutouts while calling the class of 2018 the class of 2017 though?

IMG_1950.JPG

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Master's degree?

lol-duck.gif
I remember I was boldly positing to everyone who would listen that I would get an MBA and become a CEO, and that wave of pride lasted until September of my freshman year at FSU when I realized I didn't have nearly enough drive for that :thumbsup:

CJ_24

I am merely posing the question and looking for evidence. Mr. Leach's best performance performance is an 11-2 campaign where he (as @silverwheels pointed out) got killed by Oklahoma, then got killed by an 8-4 Mississippi squad in the Cotton Bowl. He is consistently between 4-6 losses a season and is .500 in middle-of-the-road bowl games.

Mr. Leach is solid, I'll give him that. He'll give you a consistent string of above-average seasons. But he seems to have a very obvious ceiling. That's fine when he's corching at Texas Tech or Washington State, but I would hesitate before lumping his name in for those jerbs where going 8-4 three years in a row will get you fired.

NML

I am merely posing the question and looking for evidence. Mr. Leach's best performance performance is an 11-2 campaign where he (as @silverwheels pointed out) got killed by Oklahoma, then got killed by an 8-4 Mississippi squad in the Cotton Bowl. He is consistently between 4-6 losses a season and is .500 in middle-of-the-road bowl games.

Mr. Leach is solid, I'll give him that. He'll give you a consistent string of above-average seasons. But he seems to have a very obvious ceiling. That's fine when he's corching at Texas Tech or Washington State, but I would hesitate before lumping his name in for those jerbs where going 8-4 three years in a row will get you fired.

Compare his record at Tech to every other corch there since he left (and most before). Wazzu hasn’t been relevant since, what, 2002?

He’s not a SHAMPSHIP corch because he hasn’t coached at a school where that’s a realistic goal.

There’s different obstacles at bigger schools than he’ll see at Tech or Wazzu, not sure if he’d overcome them or not.

I’m not sure what standard you could possibly use that would make him not a “good” corch when you compare him to similar programs/coaches

Brick

Paw is just all bout that PRESS CONFERENCE CORCH. Almost every team loses "embarrassing" games every year. Probably three of them will make the playoff this year.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Paw is just all bout that PRESS CONFERENCE CORCH. Almost every team loses "embarrassing" games every year. Probably three of them will make the playoff this year.

Chris Petersen ain't no press conference corch but he is shampship caliber. So is Shaw.

It's mainly the weirdness that keeps the blue bloods away anyway. Not the blow outs.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Do you really disagree with paw about him being too weird? That's a huge liability that smaller programs can accept as long as he's winning. For a big program that expects to win, a corch can't behave like that. I mean it is a loss for the big programs who suck, but it's the truth.

Edit: FUUUU

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
what does Tennessee have to do with anything? I'd take leach all day but he's too weird. No way they will hire him.

Brick

Do you really disagree with paw about him being too weird? That's a huge liability that smaller programs can accept as long as he's winning. For a big program that expects to win, a corch can't behave like that. I mean it is a loss for the big programs who suck, but it's the truth.

Edit: FUUUU
No. I agree with dumb law guy that he couldn't have success if given the chance.

CJ_24

Is there any corch at that level who doesn't qualify as PRESS CONFERENCE CORCH? Half of the gig is being a used car salesman.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Lc3u1p.png

JjuXEN.png

H00ynj.png

z19iWW.png

78gpeF.png

EGl7oj.png

9RXm9c.png

Bruce Wayne

This is my dream ending to the season:

Auburn SEC champs with two loses including a loss to LSU who lost to Troy
TCU Big 12 champs with two losses including a loss to Iowa State
tOSU Big 10 champs with two losses two blow out losses including one to Iowa
Stanford Pac 12 champs with three losses including a loss to SDSU
ACC Miami or Clemson each with a terrible loss to a terrible team

UCF crowned da champs

Renegade

Charge on!
At this point I want:

Georgia or Auburn
Clemson
Oklahoma
Alabama

That leaves the B1G out, which will be the best possible driver for a playoff expansion. Then the PAC will support them knowing that they only have one blueblood and will get left out plenty. Bam, 8 teams.

Lightningwar

Administrator
You have like 50,000 students, there's bound to be bound hot chicks even by accident. It's possible CJ is correct and I've just officially lost my marbles but I have a hard time thinking you're not exaggerating at least a little bit.

CMQ and I went to Madison circa 04 for a game and the only good looking women were down for the weekend from the U of MN. It was the most fascinating yet depressing thing I have ever seen on a major campus.

Lightningwar

Administrator
Jake Bentley promised after Clemsons beat down of SoCar last year "Never Again". Well he didn't turn in a QBR of 2.7 from last year, he upped his game to 10.6 lol

Anyways this quote is amusing. Talk about moving the goal posts.

NEVER AGAIN
South Carolina Will Muschamp and his players did not regret their motto, "Never again," which arose a short time after the Gamecocks 56-7 battering to Clemson last year. "We didn't play as well as we wanted to," quarterback Jake Bentley said, "but we're never again going to stop competing and playing as hard as we can and we showed that tonight."

After losing to a bored Clemson team 34-10.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I completely forgot LOLORADO even played last night. I'm not surprised they lost, but I am surprised they got their ass kicked. I thought the game would be like 6-3 in the most unwatchable game since LSU-Bama.