• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 13 Presented by FALK

Lightningwar

Administrator
This weekends game in Turdsville is going to be a reel shitshow. If we had a reel QB gata would get murdered. But since we have a 7 foot 150 pound true freshman QB who can barely complete 10 yard outs. And an offensive line who secretly want to murder him. Anything is possible in this barn burner. Plus Gata have nothing to play for except ending our 40 year winning season streak and 36 year bowl streak. First team to 9 points wins.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
moxiecrotchgrab.gif

or this

7dbcc0b83a269bb2325460098b0afdf8

second seems to loop, probably better for @bruin228

Wolfman21

Fuck i hate nc state fans. The premium message board is full of cock smokers blaming the fans for not getting recruits because of how much we complain after every loss. Im completely serious. Even the moderator said we would have commits from another 4* if our fans werent calling for our coaches job.

That 4* is committed to UNC. I know fans that have been calling for fedoras job since last season. Hes also taken an OV to ND who was calling for kells job most all of last season.

These fucks are laughable. And when i bring up that fans have zero to do with it, im called out for defending my right to do nothing but complain. Good god

CJ_24

Fuck i hate nc state fans. The premium message board is full of cock smokers blaming the fans for not getting recruits because of how much we complain after every loss. Im completely serious. Even the moderator said we would have commits from another 4* if our fans werent calling for our coaches job.

That 4* is committed to UNC. I know fans that have been calling for fedoras job since last season. Hes also taken an OV to ND who was calling for kells job most all of last season.

These fucks are laughable. And when i bring up that fans have zero to do with it, im called out for defending my right to do nothing but complain. Good god

Nc State fan complains about Nc State fans complaining about Nc State fans who complain.

Oh the irony.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Any guess on which qb will play? Heard speight could be back peters is either hurt or he isn't and then there's okorn

No clue. I’d rather see the Jabril Peppers wildcat for the entire game than see O’Korn start.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Any guess on which qb will play? Heard speight could be back peters is either hurt or he isn't and then there's okorn

Likely will be O'Korn, but apparently Peters is making progress with his concussion. Peters give us a very, very slight chance. O'Korn gives us no chance. Either way, it's going to be ugly and probably not a second half I watch much of.

Brick

@Brick's hate following and hate posting is my favorite part of this site.
The Taggart CROOTIN SHOES thing just triggers me so much. Especially since columnists like Clownzano buy into that and press conference corching hook, line, and sinker.

To me it is like BITCH JONES at Tennessee who I think had two 5th ranked CROOTIN classes in '14/'15 that amounted to nothing. But I mean at least Jones had success at his previous stops. Taggart had one good season and I believe most of that success can be attributed to ROBO QB. He still hasn't beaten a ranked team in his entire coaching career, but extend him! I'm not ruling out that he could be successful at Oregon, but there is nothing on the field to base that on whatsoever. I have been impressed by the defense this year but I think most of that can be attributed to Leavitt (and look how much Colorado is struggling this year on defense). The offense was pathetic and took no chances without Herbert, and failed to make any progress from week-to-week. I would be very happy if Florida or someone else took him. I don't get the demand for him at all at those schools in Florida that recruit well without a coaching who can apparently only recruit and do little else.

Called it! @Southpaw

Capture.PNG

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The Taggart CROOTIN SHOES thing just triggers me so much. Especially since columnists like Clownzano buy into that and press conference corching hook, line, and sinker.

To me it is like BITCH JONES at Tennessee who I think had two 5th ranked CROOTIN classes in '14/'15 that amounted to nothing. But I mean at least Jones had success at his previous stops. Taggart had one good season and I believe most of that success can be attributed to ROBO QB. He still hasn't beaten a ranked team in his entire coaching career, but extend him! I'm not ruling out that he could be successful at Oregon, but there is nothing on the field to base that on whatsoever. I have been impressed by the defense this year but I think most of that can be attributed to Leavitt (and look how much Colorado is struggling this year on defense). The offense was pathetic and took no chances without Herbert, and failed to make any progress from week-to-week. I would be very happy if Florida or someone else took him. I don't get the demand for him at all at those schools in Florida that recruit well without a coaching who can apparently only recruit and do little else.

Called it! @Southpaw

View attachment 5167

I totally agree. That article is idiotic. Taggart probably has a pretty buy out in his current contract, so you don't need a new one to up it. Also, has he done anything at Oregon that makes you think WE HAVE TO KEEP HIM NO MATTER WHAT? I mean 6-5 isn't bad, considering the QB situation, but they're not exactly lighting the world on fire right now. What if Taggart goes to Florida and Oregon gets Scott Frost instead? That seems like an upgrade to me.

Taggart could turn out really good, but it's way too early to say. But he sounds good and recruitzzz well, so...

Brick

Also, has he done anything at Oregon that makes you think WE HAVE TO KEEP HIM NO MATTER WHAT?
No, not at all. Also, Braxton Burmesiter was a 4 star on both RivalZzZ and Scout, was flipped from Arizona and signed by Taggart, and he looked absolutely clueless out there and didn't seem to improve at all. Lots of teams are throwing freshman QBs out there these days. He couldn't have fared much worse.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/player/529/1088521/passing/gamelog.html

Also I don't have any faith that his version of the spread is worth much. He changed from under-center to spread because he desperate and believed he was going to get fired, and he had ROBO QB (Quentin Flowers rushed for 1500 yards and passed for nearly 3000 with a 24/7 ratio last year and is putting up similar numbers this year).

Also his conservative nature doesn't mesh well with the spread. He's definitely a KHAKI CORCH disciple in that regard.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
If Josh Dobbs hadn't come to Tennessee Butch Jones would have never won any games at Tennessee. He covered up for so much ineptitude.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
No, not at all. Also, Braxton Burmesiter was a 4 star on both RivalZzZ and Scout, was flipped from Arizona and signed by Taggart, and he looked absolutely clueless out there and didn't seem to improve at all. Lots of teams are throwing freshman QBs out there these days. He couldn't have fared much worse.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/player/529/1088521/passing/gamelog.html

I don't think you're wrong about Taggart, but this is definitely wrong. Freshman QBs almost always suck. "Good" freshmen QBs are generally playing for really good teams. Or they're throwing up good stats playing for a tire fire of team. Look at the last 3 years of passing stats and try to find the good freshmen: http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/leader/national/player/split01/category02/sort02.html (2017) http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/leader/national/player/split01/category02/sort02.html (2016) http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/leader/national/player/split01/category02/sort02.html (2015).

The only true freshmen in there that is actually really good is Fromm. This year, Josh Jackson is middle of the pack, and the rest of the freshmen are generally playing for tire fires. Last year, you had Darnold (redshirted), Herbert (tire fire team), Hurt was middle of the pack. 2015 had nobody. Rosen was middle of the pack. 2014 had JT Barrett (redshirt) and Kaaya and nobody else.

Where exactly are all these true freshmen QBs teams are throwing out? There's maybe one a good freshman QB a year. The rest are treading water at best, and basically all of those are playing for good teams. So yeah, if you're loaded with talent on the rest of your team, you can throw in a true freshman and be fine. But that's not true for anybody who's not Alabama, essentially.

Brick

I don't think you're wrong about Taggart, but this is definitely wrong.
You're probably right. Herbert was actually really good though last year. The offense wasn't the problem. It just got frustrating not watching Burmeister improve from week-to-week. They were giving up on every 3rd down and not giving him any chance to build confidence.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I don't think you're wrong about Taggart, but this is definitely wrong. Freshman QBs almost always suck. "Good" freshmen QBs are generally playing for really good teams. Or they're throwing up good stats playing for a tire fire of team. Look at the last 3 years of passing stats and try to find the good freshmen: http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/leader/national/player/split01/category02/sort02.html (2017) http://www.cfbstats.com/2016/leader/national/player/split01/category02/sort02.html (2016) http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/leader/national/player/split01/category02/sort02.html (2015).

The only true freshmen in there that is actually really good is Fromm. This year, Josh Jackson is middle of the pack, and the rest of the freshmen are generally playing for tire fires. Last year, you had Darnold (redshirted), Herbert (tire fire team), Hurt was middle of the pack. 2015 had nobody. Rosen was middle of the pack. 2014 had JT Barrett (redshirt) and Kaaya and nobody else.

Where exactly are all these true freshmen QBs teams are throwing out? There's maybe one a good freshman QB a year. The rest are treading water at best, and basically all of those are playing for good teams. So yeah, if you're loaded with talent on the rest of your team, you can throw in a true freshman and be fine. But that's not true for anybody who's not Alabama, essentially.

And UCLA

CHOSEN

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
  • Bama wins their last 2 games
  • Miami wins their last 2 games
  • Ohio State loses to Michigan, but wins the B1G
  • Oklahoma loses to West Virginia and their opponent in the Big XII Shampship (TCU?)
  • Stanford wins out, including a Pac-12 Shampship over USC
Who the hell gets the final 2 spots?

-YTC

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Probably Bama Miami Clemson Wisconsin? CFP has already shown they don't care about the loss to Syracuse so the only one they'd look at is a loss to an undefeated Miami. Now if Clemson loses to USCe and the rest of it happens, then it'll get fun. Notre Dame or PSU I'd guess for #4?

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
Probably Bama Miami Clemson Wisconsin? CFP has already shown they don't care about the loss to Syracuse so the only one they'd look at is a loss to an undefeated Miami. Now if Clemson loses to USCe and the rest of it happens, then it'll get fun. Notre Dame or PSU I'd guess for #4?

Yes, a Klimpson loss to Sakerlina would be fantastic for #TEAMCHAOS. ND would have 3 losses in my scenario, so I'd have a hard time seeing them get in.

I honestly believe they would include a 3 loss anOSU as B1G Champ over 2 loss PSU.

-YTC