• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 12 Thread (Learning to Fly)

bruin

Apologize for the thread being a day late. Mahomes v CHOSEN had me scrambling in the AM. Then was invited out to a BBQ and the Modelo's/Coors Lights were flowing. Tame schedule this week, as the SEC gets going with their cupcake Saturday and all the major rivalries are next week. Gameday is headed to Orlando for Cincinnati at #12 UCF (5:00, ABC).

RIP, Tom.

Notable Games:
#10 Ohio State at Maryland (9:00 AM, ABC)
Harvard vs Yale at Fenway Park (9:00 AM, ESPN2)
Utah at Colorado (10:30 AM, Pac-12 Net)
#13 Syracuse vs #3 Notre Dame at Yankee Stadium (11:30 AM, NBC)
USC at UCLA (12:30, FOX)
Indiana at #4 Michigan (1:00, FS1)
Duke at #2 Clemson (4:00, ESPN)
Stanford at California (4:30, Pac-12 Net)
Arizona at #8 Washington State (7:30, ESPN)

Cheers, bros.

cupcakes-washington-832x4471.png

B26KrBlCMAA1GPl.0.0.jpg

d4959a9ee9cfe5260b8d430bda7c33b2.jpg

p1_wesuck_original.jpg

502300474.jpg

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Tate will either have a horrible game and Wazzu will win by 50 or he'll go off for 600 yards and they'll win

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Feel like Indiana is a trap game for us. Fortunately, this isn't a good Indiana team. If Wilson were still there, I would be terrified.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Announced today that Georgia has scheduled home and homes with Texas and Clemson, with both of them on the schedule in 2029.

Here's Yankee's Monday Question: By 2029, which program will be the worst of those 3?

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
If brasky can get 1 of 2 against Iowa and Sparty I think i'll be satisfied with the season, all things considered. No reason they can't win both although it would be pretty surprising. The team as a whole has looked significantly better as the season has progressed and it looks like the only bad loss will turn out to be Colorado.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
If brasky can get 1 of 2 against Iowa and Sparty I think i'll be satisfied with the season, all things considered. No reason they can't win both although it would be pretty surprising. The team as a whole has looked significantly better as the season has progressed and it looks like the only bad loss will turn out to be Colorado.

I would be pretty encouraged as a Nebraska fan right now. Adrian Martinez looks really good, and that offense is already pretty good. The defense is a crater, but it will probably get better.

Martinez has to be one of the best true freshman QBs in a long time. 8.1 yards an attempt. Subtract the Michigan game, and he's averaging over 300 yards per game in conference play. I am not looking forward to playing him as an upperclassman.

Dr. Shats Basoon

Closed mouths don't get fed
I would be pretty encouraged as a Nebraska fan right now. Adrian Martinez looks really good, and that offense is already pretty good. The defense is a crater, but it will probably get better.

Martinez has to be one of the best true freshman QBs in a long time. 8.1 yards an attempt. Subtract the Michigan game, and he's averaging over 300 yards per game in conference play. I am not looking forward to playing him as an upperclassman.

I don't think the defense is ever going to be the type that can win games on it's own with Frost but the current team has had 3 DC's in the last 3 years. I think stability will help out a bunch on that side of the ball. When they start getting their own recruits they should improve.

Martinez has been as good as advertised, If he stays healthy he is going to break a lot of records.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
If you can get that defense to average, or just above average, you'll be cooking with fire. The danger is that Frost will pull a DickRod and ignore the defense, but I doubt he does that.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
WVU at Oklahoma State is definitely a tough one. If the Cornelius we saw against OU shows up Saturday I am not sure WVU leaves with a win. This team is good when they’re on, and horrible when they aren’t lol

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Dad got us tickets for OU/WVU since I’ll be at his house for Thanksgiving. Need Okie lite to gon head and roll over so I have a reason to go
Trogging it up and going to Stillwater to attend this one. OSU is 2-0 in games that I’ve attended where they were the underdogs against a ranked opponent. So you’re fucked.

They are 5-2 in games I’ve attended where they were favorites. Better hope that line swings.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I can't believe people didn't want to hire that guy. He's turned WASHINGTON STATE into a good program lol

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I can't believe people didn't want to hire that guy. He's turned WASHINGTON STATE into a good program lol

Eh, he's never made a championship game, and finished first in his division exactly one time (that year with the 3 way tiebreaker in the Big 12). He's had one year with 10 wins. He's clearly great at getting mediocre programs good, but I'm not sure he could do much more than that. He's perfect for Texas Tech or Washington State. Not sure he'd be great at USC or a similar program.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That's the whole point. Wazzu was winning like 1 game a year for what seems like 2 decades before he got there. There's lots of mediocre to bad teams out there right now that really need good QB play. USC is actually one of them!

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
That's the whole point. Wazzu was winning like 1 game a year for what seems like 2 decades before he got there.

WRONG! Washington State is historically just about a .500 team and Leach's record there is ... .545. Wazzu was in the toilet because they hired Paul Wulff, but they were a decent program before that. They made the Rose Bowl in 1997 and 2002. They bounced between being pretty good and being bad in the 90s and 00s, but it's not Baylor or Kansas State pre-Snyder we're talking about here.

Leach's record really isn't as good as it should be, considering his offensive philosophy and coaching tree. He's been a head coach for 18 years and has 1 (probably going to be 2 after this year) 10-win season. At some point, he should have been able to back into a division title or a couple of 10 win seasons. Coaching luminaries like Bo Pelini and James Franklin have more 10 win seasons and CCG appearances than him. Leach is basically Pat Fitzgerald. Which is fine, but you're not going to give Fitzgerald the keys to a big program either.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Enjoy spending time arguing with someone who watches 3 quarters of a CFB game a year.

Leach would be better than any of the retards, sorry I mean retreads, that schools like Tennessee try to hire.

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
I don't think there's much basis for that criticism of Leach. He did fine when he was at a major program, albeit as a coordinator. He hasn't had a chance since.

I also don't think people fully appreciate how "middle of bumfuck nowhere" Lubbock, TX is and how impressive his tenure at Tech was, to say nothing of what he's doing at WSU.

IDK. There are way more questionable resumes than his getting talked about for big jobs. I think his weirdness really does hurt him there.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wazzu is also in the middle of nowhere. The Palouse is nice but the closest metro areas are Seattle, Portland, and Boise which are all basically equidistant, and not really close anyway.

Oregon and FSU both hired Taggart, so, lol.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I mean, look at how Texas Tech has done outside of Leach and Dykes. It's not great. Not terrible, but not great, either.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Oh yeah, Leach is a way better candidate than fucking Greg Schiano, Jon Gruden, or whoever else Tennessee tried to hire last year. Don't get me wrong, Leach is a really good coach. I just don't think he's the coaching god some people on here worship him as.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Oh yeah, Leach is a way better candidate than fucking Greg Schiano, Jon Gruden, or whoever else Tennessee tried to hire last year. Don't get me wrong, Leach is a really good coach. I just don't think he's the coaching god some people on here worship him as.

That said, it would be really FUN to see Leach at a program that has some potential but has never been truly ELITE. For example: Maryland (never going to happen after Durkin, though), Daddy A&M, Arkansas. Something a step above Tech and Wazzu. Maybe with a better recruiting area and more resources he could make that jump.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Enjoy spending time arguing with someone who watches 3 quarters of a CFB game a year.

Leach would be better than any of the retards, sorry I mean retreads, and schools like Tennessee try to hire.

DpQ9YJl.png

Tennessee doesn't hire retreads. They hire inept up and comers or first timers.

Tennessee was about to hire Leach FYI! Then they fired the guy who was going to hire him.