• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 12 presented by Bmack freezes to death or drives off the side of a mountain

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

So San Diego State lose on a day the other San Diego AND Hawaii win...
A8knQb.jpg

o @pavel. o yu. oyongo. wwwwwww.

MtneerManiac

Burning Couches
I woke up this morning hungover and had the wildest dream that WVU was down 41-7 early in the 3rd.

Hahaha what a crazy dream, we'd never ever just not show up to the biggest game of our season, and I definitely wouldn't have wasted $160 watching such a shit show in person while my toes and fingers were numb.

Z93uwT.gif

Lightningwar

Administrator
It was sad watching the conference. But I am curious why you hate Strong?

I don't think he ever really got a fair shake at Texas. And because of that had a harder time recruiting than others would. That said I am shocked at how little progress he has made. I would understand losing to the bigger teams in conference like OU. But man Texas has lost some really bad games over his tenure. Kansas has to be the all time low. My wifes father was 1 years old living on a Naval base in Panama the last time Kansas beat Tejas.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
No bullshit, had a chance encounter with @Travis7401. I was waiting in line at a portajohn and this tall fellow rolled up and gave me a kind of a head nod, just as like a "I've gotta piss too" solidarity type of thing. Seemed familiar but couldn't put my finger on it at first. It clicked with me about a minute later, and the worlds theory came to mind. I thought about just not acknowledging him for that reason alone, but considering the crazy coincidence, I couldn't ignore him. So like an insane person I tapped him on the arm and said something like "This is gonna be really weird, but Travis right?". He said yeah and I pointed to me and said "Wuf". He had no fucking clue what I was talking about, I imagine he had his fair share of beers. I named dropped Utopia and it clicked. Proceeded to have a shitty, awkward mini conversation, where I ham-fisted some piss poor monkey jokes to try and break the ice.

Travis seems like a nice dude, he invited me to his tailgate group for beers, told me to 'look for the Colorado Rapids flag", which amused me because I have no idea what that looks like, I WATCH REAL FOOTBAWR. I thought his voice would be a lot deeper, like Mongo or something, while I'm sure my monotone stoner voice along with my dirty sneakers with jeans look was just as he imagined. The portajohn is where it ended though, I come to Foco for family purposes for the most part and the thought of unleashing my family on someone I know from the Internet (none of them know anything about Utopia, I don't talk about it in real life to anybody) just didn't seem feasible.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
No bullshit, had a chance encounter with @Travis7401. I was waiting in line at a portajohn and this tall fellow rolled up and gave me a kind of a head nod, just as like a "I've gotta piss too" solidarity type of thing. Seemed familiar but couldn't put my finger on it at first. It clicked with me about a minute later, and the worlds theory came to mind. I thought about just not acknowledging him for that reason alone, but considering the crazy coincidence, I couldn't ignore him. So like an insane person I tapped him on the arm and said something like "This is gonna be really weird, but Travis right?". He said yeah and I pointed to me and said "Wuf". He had no fucking clue what I was talking about, I imagine he had his fair share of beers. I named dropped Utopia and it clicked. Proceeded to have a shitty, awkward mini conversation, where I ham-fisted some piss poor monkey jokes to try and break the ice.

Travis seems like a nice dude, he invited me to his tailgate group for beers, told me to 'look for the Colorado Rapids flag", which amused me because I have no idea what that looks like, I WATCH REAL FOOTBAWR. I thought his voice would be a lot deeper, like Mongo or something, while I'm sure my monotone stoner voice along with my dirty sneakers with jeans look was just as he imagined. The portajohn is where it ended though, I come to Foco for family purposes for the most part and the thought of unleashing my family on someone I know from the Internet (none of them know anything about Utopia, I don't talk about it in real life to anybody) just didn't seem feasible.

Still sounds better than when I met him and asked him how I'm supposed to not mong my way through grad school

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

My version is hilarious because I completely misunderstood the initial interaction/ head nod and thought my Trumpkin fever dream was gettin reel. Then I had literally zero context when you started talking with me, so I never connected it with Utopia at all. I've honestly never been so confused.

Starting with the backround, I have to be the DD at the end of the night, so the strategy here is I have someone else drive to the game and I get drunk early (starting before we leave) and then stop drinking at 7pm... I had a few beers and then take a piss by the cars in the dark, but a friend of ours sees me and starts giving me shit because it isn't fair that guys can just piss wherever they want while girls can't. I call bullshit, because girls CAN piss wherever they want as well, provided they are dedicated enough! Anyway, I feel bad so the next time I have to piss I walk over to a porta potty for the first time in my tailgating career. I get there and there is a line of about 10 people. FUCK.

So I see this guy walk up to the line and he gets there about 3 steps in front of me, I nod at him to acknowledge the fact that he's arrived first and he can take the spot in line in front of me. For some reason he doesn't make a move to get in line in front of me... if anything he's moving like further back away from me/the line. Thinking he's just a passive beta male intimidated by me, I take a step back to once again try to show I'm not being aggressive about his rightful spot in line. This strange dance leaves us a solid 8 feet back from the next people in line. We're so far back that the next person comes up and asks "is this the line." I respond "yep, this is the line" and he looks at us kinda funny because it is so odd we're leaving this gap... I can't figure out what the fuck is wrong with this dude, and he kinda keeps looking at me, so I'm legitimately starting to get weirded out. Is this a Trumpkin? Are its base troglodyte instincts allowing it to sense how much I loathe its kind? I'm a little drunk, so this seems the most plausible explanation. I want to lower its trog defenses, so I get my phone out to post on Utopia to pass the time while I hope it will eventually stop looking at me and move forward so that I'm not standing in the middle of the fucking road anymore.

Right as I get my phone out, he approaches. Oh Christ, he really is a Trumpkin, my fever dream is coming true! Now this is where things get even more complicated because I'm wearing this ridiculous monster hat (don't ask, I'll post a pic) with ear flaps, so I can't really hear what he's saying (and I've got terrible hearing to start with). He walks up and says something like "Bluahadlk Trump blkjasdfj, ur Travis right?" I say "Yes, I'm Travis.." He points to hisself and says "WOOF!" What in the fuck does that mean? I stand there completely befuddled not knowing what to say because this Trumpkin is making dog noises. He then repeats hisself even louder "WOOF!" Wat in the fuck is going on? My fever dream has taken a truly odd turn! I figure I must have misheard him or something, so I roll up my ear flaps and say "WAT?" "WOOF!"

Finally he says "From Utopia" and it hits me like a balloon smash to the face... he's saying "WUF" not "WOOF." I laugh and praise baby Jesus that it wasn't really a Trumpkin, but at that point we'd had a sufficiently awkward start to the conversation that it wasn't going to recover. The man behind us decides that there isn't enough awkward shit happening in this 5 ft radius, so he moves up and asks the lady in front of us if she'd like him to hold her coat while she goes to the rest room. She says "no thanks" and he responds "I'm not gonna pick pocket you!" She proceeds to professionally walk that line between dismissive of him and friendly enough to not hurt his feelings, then she goes to the bathroom and he says "well she's hot." Wuf and I just kinda stand there and nod at him. Finally attempt a hail marry and invite wuf to the Tailgate party near the Colorado Rapids flag, and he laughs at me, "Colorado Rapids, that's a good one!"

Just like that it was his turn for the pisser and I never again saw the wild wuf, most elusive Utopian this side of @ZackMills.

Here is the monster hat... I can't believe wuf recognized me in the dark, wearing a monster hat.

30332420393_8d923bf211_o.jpg

Last edited:

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
Hahaha, can't believe I neglected talking about that creep behind us. File him under one of those "weird single old guys trying to be chummy with attractive women"

That was the last time I used the portajohn, it was a fucking journey to get there. Took my chances pissing with the car doors open with several families adjacent

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Leave it to wuf to fuck up a totally normal interaction and invitation to drink beers

I was definitely the one who made the conversation awkward by not understanding what he was saying and being paranoid about Trumpkins while being drunk and hard of hearing... I give wuf credit for introducing hisself after he recognized me... the misunderstanding part was all on me, ha ha.

The group of friends I was tailgating with already met @osick87 so it would have been fine. "oh another of Travis's internet friends? Poor Thea"

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Another weird thing happened last night. I got the rest of the story about the old man at the bar... He wrote a little "thanks for the dance" note to the gal he danced with and included his name and number. She pulls out the note to show me and his name is Douglass (with two s). I'm not making this up.

My life is definitely just a computer simulation.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah I can't believe Travis didn't just walk away. I just abdicate those weird ass conversations. Say nothing, hurry away.

Wuf

Desensitized and Willing
I was only 3 or 4 beers deep at the time. If I saw him post-whiskey swigs, probably a much different story

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Ha ha.

It is thanksgiving break... hard to fault the kids for not sticking around to watch shitty footbaw.

I was worried the CSU students wouldn't show up for that reason, but Hughes was actually about 85-90% full for the last game and the student section was pretty well filled. Only real empty areas were the top corners of the west stands (behind the camera). Our seats (from a friend with season tickets) were right on the 50 yard line, but we decided to sit with friends instead, so we went up to the empty-ish area and found a spot.

15094948_10103189095623793_1073333037159612124_n.jpg

Attendance at Hughes averages about 10k empty seats and the new stadium is 10k seats larger :laughing:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It's going to suck to not have Hughes anymore. Such a beautiful place for a football stadium, and it sets up perfectly for tailgating.

Air Force's stadium is pretty much exactly the same set up, and it's awesome.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Ha ha.

It is thanksgiving break... hard to fault the kids for not sticking around to watch shitty footbaw.

I was worried the CSU students wouldn't show up for that reason, but Hughes was actually about 85-90% full for the last game and the student section was pretty well filled. Only real empty areas were the top corners of the west stands (behind the camera). Our seats (from a friend with season tickets) were right on the 50 yard line, but we decided to sit with friends instead, so we went up to the empty-ish area and found a spot.

15094948_10103189095623793_1073333037159612124_n.jpg

Attendance at Hughes averages about 10k empty seats and the new stadium is 10k seats larger :laughing:

You and @TonyGin&Juice need to stop countering my mocking with reason :laughing: We had several laughs as they have Red Grange and Dick Butkus' pictures everywhere- does someone want to tell the AD that it's 2016?

It got reel e. quiet when we realized Hardy Nickerson JR was playing. Age hits you hard, bro.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It's going to suck to not have Hughes anymore. Such a beautiful place for a football stadium, and it sets up perfectly for tailgating.

Air Force's stadium is pretty much exactly the same set up, and it's awesome.

I assume Air Force tailgating is drinking lightly sugared tea and reciting bible verses, and perhaps some snake handling as well

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I assume Air Force tailgating is drinking lightly sugared tea and reciting bible verses, and perhaps some snake handling as well

It mostly looked like a lot of grilling, but there actually was an official tailgate that had free beer. It was Coors Light, but still, free beer. I don't remember if there was a limit. I assume there was.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I agree, I will miss Hughes. I've got a soft spot for the stadium that is probably just nostalgic, so I'm sure most people will be happier with the new stadium. Having it on campus will legitimately boost attendance I'm sure (but not by 20k). I bet they get a few thousand more students showing up per game just by having it in a convenient location. IMO, Alumni attendance won't improve much after the initial interest surge because the new stadium will actually be less convenient for people driving in from Denver.

will once again suspend my footbaw boycott to check out the new stadium for a game next season. There will be virtually no tailgating, as the only parking lot close to the stadium will be reserved for the elitists. The upside is that I can ride my bike to the game, so I can be 4 beers more drunk next time I meet "woof."

You're right about Air Force stadium too, that's probably my favorite college footbaw venue (especially if you taking kids). Location is perfect. Add in all the flyovers and the falcon flying around the stadium (if they still do that) and it is pretty fucking awesome. I think my all time favorite was a B1 bomber flying over and then going into full afterburner as it exited, setting off all the car alarms with the rumble. FOOTBAW MURRICA. Drinking is fine, but it isn't the DRUNK WASTED CSU tailgate experience. You could take a kid to an air force game without worrying about them needing therapy (other than for the nationalism)

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yeah, Kella definitely right about that aspect, but it isn't necessarily a bad thing so long as they allow ME to have beer (which they do). There is more drinking at the Air Force pre-game than I saw at Notre Dame.

Paw paw definitely underrating C.Springs evangelism... I've never seen anywhere like it. Oklahoma isn't even at that level.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
You're right about Air Force stadium too, that's probably my favorite college footbaw venue (especially if you taking kids). Location is perfect. Add in all the flyovers and the falcon flying around the stadium (if they still do that) and it is pretty fucking awesome. I think my all time favorite was a B1 bomber flying over and then going into full afterburner as it exited, setting off all the car alarms with the rumble. FOOTBAW MURRICA. Drinking is fine, but it isn't the DRUNK WASTED CSU tailgate experience. You could take a kid to an air force game without worrying about them needing therapy (other than for the nationalism)

I don't think I could take my daughter to Kinnick for a few more years, and that would have to be an 11 a.m. kickoff, haha. Night games are the drunkest drunkfest you can imagine, haha. At least it's pretty good natured.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Well that is definitely news to me. Thanks for the warning. I will steer clear of Colorado Springs. Even though they do have a restaurant I wanted to eat at that I saw on Diners Drives and Dives. Scratch that fucker off the list.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I was well into telling a friend one of my absurd drunk "Travis stories" when I noticed some 10 year old sitting behind us on the edge of his seat hanging on every sordid detail.... so I wrapped it up with "and then we all made friends and went home and did our homework. THE END."