• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 10 presented by dumb ccg games forcing bedlam this week

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
MACtion coming at ya hard this week

Tuesday - Miami U at Ohio and Bowling Green at Kent State
Wednesday - Central Mich vs Western Mich
Thursday - NIU at Toledo and Ball State at EMU

Viva football everyday of the week

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Okie lite favored by 3.5

Gimme Oklahoma bigly. Gundy sent to the 9mm cafe, BAKER plants his flag in Rudolph’s ass.

For real though, offenses are pretty equal and Okie lite defense is objectively better (top 25 in many categories). Would think that’s enough for the win, but we know how this shit goes. Give me OU in a heartbreaker until proven to me these fucks can win and not shit their pants.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
To me it's a toss up to me. I assume OU's defense will look like shit for the first half and then clamp down after the break, and BAKER will pull some bullshit out of his ass to make it a close game at the end.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
To me it's a toss up to me. I assume OU's defense will look like shit for the first half and then clamp down after the break, and BAKER will pull some bullshit out of his ass to make it a close game at the end.
I’ve been made a fool several times to pants shitting, caving bedlam play.. but our defense looks the part this year. They will give OU some problems up front and I think it disrupts their rhythm at times. Of course I think OU gets their share of big play drives with scores, but I think our defense will do its part to win the game.

Even though OU’s defense is atrocious by many measures, I don’t know if I trust Rudolph/offense/offensive staff on the biggest stage. Given it’s at home, weather will be beautiful etc I think we have a shot at playing a good game but meh.

One thing I do know: OU will not be able to sit back with 3 guys playing deep like Texas and West Virginia did. The difference between Texas and West Virginia was the UT defensive line and the aggressive play of Malik Jefferson. Neither WVU nor OU had/have that in their front 7 and for that reason, WVU gave up many yards on the ground and OU would too. Also helps getting 3/5 OL players back.

Again, my biggest concern isn’t the defense this year but a bad showing by the offense. The corners are balling out now and I haven’t been impressed with OU’s receivers besides Ceedee lamb. Lamb can be corralled, and the others can be covered straight up one on one. Our front seven can definitely hang with OU.

Pretty stoked to watch this shit go down. For the first time since 2013 I’m feeling good about our defense going into bedlam.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I don't have any hope for the OU defense but if the run game gets going early they'll stay in it. Don't know what happened to Sermon because he was killing it earlier in the season.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
all football is worth watching

giphy.webp

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Michigan hosts ROW THE BOAT for the Little Brown Jug on Saturday night as part of the new Fox contract stipulation that each B1G team host three prime-time games every two seasons. This all but assures that Penn State will be a night game next season.

Per the Big Ten's new television deal, teams are being forced to host more night games than they have before.

Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel told reporters earlier this season that teams were being required to host a total of three night games over a two-year span. So, if that agreement holds, Michigan would only have to host one night game next season.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...igan-football-minnesota-night-game/791081001/

Brick

SaQuOn 4 HEiSmANz. He is also #94 in the country in yards per carry! Love should be the runaway guy right now. He is leading the country in yards and has played 2 fewer games than most of these guys. Stanford's passing game is...not elite.

Capture.PNG

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Most of their games have been blowouts, during which I assume he is remove pretty early, right? Although from that list his attempts are barely below average.

Brick

Most of their games have been blowouts, during which I assume he is remove pretty early, right? Although from that list his attempts are barely below average.
He averages 17.25 attempts per game. Love is at 19.28. To be fair Barkley leads the country in all purpose yards per game because of his kicks returns and receiving yards (leads Love by 6 YPG). But Love doesn't return kicks and isn't used much in the passing game. Still, Barkely has been merely above average at running back: http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/player/539/1072444/rushing/gamelog.html Stanford rushed for 81 yards on 27 carries against Oregon State without Love. This is amazing:

Capture.PNG

Compare his long runs so far to the leaders in a FULL SEASON last year.

Runs of 20+ yards leader in 2016: Donnel Pumphrey with 23 in 14 games
Love this year: 22 in 7 games

Runs of 30+ yards leader in 2016: three players tied with 13 in no fewer than 12 games each
Love this year: 18 in 7 games

Runs of 40+ yards leader in 2016: Aaron Jones with 10 in 12 games
Love this year: 11 in 7 games

Runs of 50+ yards leader in 2016: Teriyon Gipson with 7 in 11 games
Love this year: 9 in 7 games

It's not even a contest right now. This is a historical year. If his numbers are 75% of what they have been so far this year, it still won't be.

Last edited:

CJ_24

Why doesn't the fact that Barkley does play a significant role in PSU's passing game and kick returns vault him above Love even if Love is statistically better as a running back? It's the Heisman, not the best running back award.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Why doesn't the fact that Barkley does play a significant role in PSU's passing game and kick returns vault him above Love even if Love is statistically better as a running back? It's the Heisman, not the best running back award.

It's the best player on the best team award. :thumbsup:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Barkley is awesome, but I am @Brick. Love is better, and he's doing what he's doing without a functional passing attack.

Brick

By "statistically better" do you mean having, to this point, possibly the best start of a running back in college football history versus stats of a barely above-average rushing season so far for Barkley?

Barry Sanders in 1988 through 7 games: 1476 yards on 192 carries (7.68 YPC)
Love in 2017: 1387 yards on 135 carries (10.27 YPC)

Barkley so far is a poor man's 2015 Christian McCaffrey (who was robbed of the award by Derrick Henry somehow).

There may be an argument for Barkley by the end of the year, especially if he starts running like even an all-conference running back (Dobbins and Taylor have been better), but the fact that he is even brought up right now is kind of puzzling to me considering the season Love has had.

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
If the award meant anything, Lamar Jackson would be right up there. The only reason Louisville is even in bowl contention is because he exists.

He's less than two hundred passing yards away from a 3,000/1,000 season and has at least three games left.

Also, Drunk QB Guy has a 25/1 TD/INT ratio, but BARKLEY BARKLEY BARKLEY

Brick

Agreed. Jackson is averaging 425.3 yards per game which is even better than last year. Yards per play is slightly up, too. Second place is Mason Rudolph at 366.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
FALK leads the country in TD passes and completions, so give it to him

First Heisman winner to be benched twice in his Heisman season

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He prolly does squat 600lb, though.

CJ_24

By "statistically better" do you mean having, to this point, possibly the best start of a running back in college football history versus stats of a barely above-average rushing season so far for Barkley?

Barry Sanders in 1988 through 7 games: 1476 yards on 192 carries (7.68 YPC)
Love in 2017: 1387 yards on 135 carries (10.27 YPC)

Barkley so far is a poor man's 2015 Christian McCaffrey (who was robbed of the award by Derrick Henry somehow).

There may be an argument for Barkley by the end of the year, especially if he starts running like even an all-conference running back (Dobbins and Taylor have been better), but the fact that he is even brought up right now is kind of puzzling to me considering the season Love has had.

1) Yes, by definition that would be "statistically better."

2) I don't think your post is responsive to the question. The question is about taking Barkley's other contributions (kicking game, passing game) into account when weighing his Heisman candidacy. Your response is contained to the running back position.

Brick

2) I don't think your post is responsive to the question. The question is about taking Barkley's other contributions (kicking game, passing game) into account when weighing his Heisman candidacy. Your response is contained to the running back position.

I should have expanded on this:
Yes, of course. Barkley is averaging 206 all purpose yards per game, Love is averaging 200. Love is getting those yards without the extra touches and extra free kick return yards (if you take it out of the EZ you're basically getting 15-20 on one touch, yet Love still has higher YPP). All of Love's 200 are from scrimmage. Barkely is getting 159. The only thing Love doesn't have that Barkley does is the 2 kick return TDs, really. Barkley has more overall TDs, but I don't put much stock in those (mostly corch's choice and you know damn well Franklin is going to get him all that he can, and why Henry won that stupid Heisman over a much more deserving McCaffrey).

Last edited:

CJ_24

I should have expanded on this:

Yes, of course. Barkley is averaging 206 all purpose yards per game, Love is averaging 200. Love is getting those yards without the extra touches and extra free kick return yards (if you take it out of the EZ you're basically getting 15-20 on one touch, yet Love still has higher YPP). All of Love's 200 are from scrimmage. Barkely is getting 159. The only thing Love doesn't have that Barkley does is the 2 kick return TDs, really. Barkley has more overall TDs, but I don't put much stock in those (mostly corch's choice and you know damn well Franklin is going to get him all that he can, and why Henry won that stupid Heisman over a much more deserving McCaffrey).

So I take your argument to be that overall value is determined, generally, by # of all-purpose yards. Love gets more all purposes yards and is thus more valuable than Barkley even though Barkley gets his yards through other areas than just running back touches. If that is your position, I can understand that position. I think there are counter-arguments to that position, but it a reasonable, and objective measurement.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
What time does MACtion start tomorrow? Had a “hall pass” to get sucked of by Barney Frank but I’d turn that down for MACtion and a sixer of Steel Reserve.