• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Utopia Poll - Week 6

Renegade

Charge on!
1. Florida State
2. Auburn
3. Notre Dame
4. Mississippi State
5. Ole Miss
6. Baylor
7. Alabama
8. Michigan State
9. Georgia
10. TCU
Hon. Mention: Arizona

The last 4 make me just want to throw my hands up. I think Alabama is a top 10 team based on the eyeball test, but no great wins thus far (though UF looks better). Michigan State lost to Oregon, who Arizona beat, but MSU has a decent win against Nebraska. UGA's loss to Carolina keeps looking worse, but they beat a Clemson team I think will win out this year. And Arizona has look horribly unimpressive otherwise. TCU at least played one good non-conf opponent in Minnesota, and then they beat Oklahoma. So I'm not convinced TCU is a Top 10 team, but I'm moving them in slightly ahead of Arizona for better performance all year. If Arizona keeps winning against the PAC-12, I'll jump them over the 1-loss teams.

Brick

Again.

1. Auburn

Don't feel strongly about anything else.

The Miss schools will both lose at least 2, likely 3 each. Book it.

Flazzu and Notre Dame face each other soon.

Baylor gon Baylor. Ask Mak.

I doubt we have an undefeated team this year outside of the winner of Flazzu and ND finishing off their pee-wee league schedule.

I think the Big XII champ will have one loss and get in (still Baylor and Oklahoma).

One of Flazzu and ND because winner of that game will be allowed to lose one.

SEC champ.

I think the Pac-12 is out because no one should have fewer than 2 losses. Oregon is the only real possibility since Furd is out and they beat MSU. They'd have to run the table which is very, very unlikely.

Same with BIG. Michigan State runs the table and they're in. Maybe tOSU? Maybe.

I would say second SEC team but the East is out IMO. Georgia should lose. Miss schools aren't sustaining. We could see both Bama and Auburn.

Or everybody could keep losing and it is even more of a complete clusterfuck.

All you mongs are going to be mocking the selection committee and pushing for MOAR TEAMS, I'm sure.

Bdub

PAC 12 still has 1 undefeated team and a lot of 1 loss teams. Seems that if one of them can win out they are in with 1 loss.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
1. Auburn - this has more to do with FSU not looking as sharp than Auburn looking dominant. Though they only struggled with KSU iirc.
2. FSU
3. Miss State - I'm pretty impressed with them.
4. Baylor - defense is still looking better.
5. Michigan State
6. Ole Miss
7. TCU - was my Big 12 sleeper pick. Not surprised at all at how well they're doing.
8. Alabama
9. Notre Dame
10. OU

Next 5:
UGA, Oregon, Oklahoma State, KSU, ECU

JCruise

1. FSU
2. Auburn
3. Notre Dame
4. Ole Miss
5. Miss State
6. Alabama
7. Michigan State
8. Oregon
9. Texas A&M
10. Georgia

Brick

PAC 12 still has 1 undefeated team and a lot of 1 loss teams. Seems that if one of them can win out they are in with 1 loss.
I agree, but which of those teams have a legitimate chance to do so? There is one undefeated team left in league play, Arizona, and it took a hail mary for them to do be so. Conference play has just barely started. It's an absolute mess.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Everyone is fucking awful.

1. Auburn
2. Notre Dame
3. FSU
4. Mississippi State
5. Baylor
6. Ole Miss
7. Michigan State
8. Arizona
9. TCU
10. Alabama
11. Oregon
12. Oklahoma
13. Oklahoma State
14. Kansas State
15. Ohio State
16. Georgia
17. ECU
18. Nebraska
19. Texas A&M
20. UCLA
21. Minnesota
22. Georgia Tech
23. Cal
24. Arizona State
25. Marshall
26. Connor Halliday (fuck his defense and special teams with a rusty chainsaw)

Edited because I forgot Georgia Tech. They're undefeated so.

Last edited:

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Back to the drawing board

1. Florida State
2. Auburn
3. Baylor
4. Mississippi State
5. Ole Miss
6. Notre Dame
7. Arizona
8. Georgia Tech
9. TCU
10. Marshall

Those are the 10 undefeated teams, and that's the order I rate them in. FSU is gonna be #1 as long as they don't lose a game. Auburn as defending SEC champ gets the benefit of the doubt for 2. Baylor as defending Big 12 champ gets the nod for 3. I like the fighting Dan Mullen's 2 conference wins better then Ole Miss' conference wins. I think ND has played a tougher schedule then Arizona, but its debatable, and Arizona has a better win so they could flip flop going forward. GT and TCU get in as undefeateds, and Marshall rounds out the group even tho objectively they don't deserve it and won't play a team to get them into the mix, I think the deserve one of the access bowl spots if they go undefeated.

Renegade

Charge on!
Marshall does not deserve the Access Bowl going undefeated with that schedule if ECU finishes with 1 loss.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Who are they going to lose to? The only possible loss I see is @Cincy and they just got curb stomped by Memphis.

Just thinking no one is gonna finish with 1 loss anywhere. Except Marshall, since they play no one with a pulse and Florida State, cuz ACC sucks.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Also, Marshall pushed their shit in last year, and they lost to Tulane. No one thought Louisville was gonna lose to Connecticut 2 years ago.

Renegade

Charge on!
ECU's toughest remaining games is UCF in Greenville and at Cincy. Cincy looks like garbage, but ECU struggles with teams that play disciplined defense like UCF and Cincy both typically do. We'll see, but if they win out, they should be in over Marshall easily. Hell, given that ECU plays maybe 3 games equivalent to Marshall's entire schedule of suck, I'm ok with ECU getting in for two good wins even if they drop a game to UCF or Cincy. Marshall is barely playing more than a 1-AA schedule.

I think Marshall loses @ Southern Miss or @ UAB though.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Where is Rutgers? 5-1!
I post my top 25 on FOFC. Probably like 23 or 24 if I continue the poll the way I started here. I'm not sure how many power 5 teams have 1 loss to be honest. I know I'd have them behind MSU, tOSU, TTFP and Nebraska amongst the B1G one loss teams.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Ok, so there are 25 one loss teams in cartel conferences, plus BYU and ECU that I would consider for a poll. Rutgers is probably around 23 or 24 of that group. So overall, probably about 34 or so right now.

joshuahuskers

Utopia Football League
1. Mississippi state
2. Auburn
3. Ole miss
4. Baylor
5. Florida state
6. Michigan state
7. Alabama
8. Notre dame
9. TCU
10. Arizona

Wooly

Ok, so there are 25 one loss teams in cartel conferences, plus BYU and ECU that I would consider for a poll. Rutgers is probably around 23 or 24 of that group. So overall, probably about 34 or so right now.

Don't put BYU in there, they are done for the season. They will probably find a way to win 8+ games, but losing Hill for the season was losing the season.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Don't put BYU in there, they are done for the season. They will probably find a way to win 8+ games, but losing Hill for the season was losing the season.

Ok, but that doesn't change where I'd have Rutgers amongst the 1 loss teams. Bottom 20% of that group. Doesn't matter cause we're gonna lose the next 2 anyway.

Chase

Top 8 because fuck a top 10. 7 undefeated schools worth ranking + Alabamer.

1. Auburn

2. Florida State

3. Miss State
4. Ole Miss
5. Notre Dame
6. TCU
7. Baylor
8. Alabama

- FSU is the only undefeated team in the playoff.
- Baylor will get their shit pushed in by OU. I can't see Baylor making the playoff with 1 loss, but OU can.
- Taking the over of 5.5 loses for Ole Miss/Miss State/A&M going forward.
- Cant wait when two 2 loss SEC teams make the playoff.

Mame YO

slings rocks
I want to know how yous all have MSU over Oregon when Oregon beat MSU head to head. Plus their only loss is to an undefeated team while MSU's loss is to, well, a one loss team.

Chewbacca is a wookie from endor. THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
1. Florida State
2. Ole Miss
3. Auburn
4. Baylor
5. Mississippi State
6. Notre Dame
7. Alabama
8. TCU
9. Arizona