• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Utopia Poll - Week 5

Brick

But really, Auburn should be #1. If they were named Alabama or USC or Flazzu they would be clear #1 having slammed Arkansas in the opener and beaten KSU on the road on Thursday night.

That's the only thing I feel strongly about.

If you have Nebraska or Ole Miss anywhere near your list you should watch the Premier League.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
You should watch the Premier League regardless, because it's pretty awesome.

Oregon may be #1. Auburn? Eh, I'll wait a bit. KSU blew that one and I don't think they'll be too good. Arkansas is still 0- in the SEC, right?

Alabama is still a top-3 team, but inexperience at QB could hurt.

I don't think Knight is good enough to hold OU at #1, but their defense is pretty nasty. That said, I wouldn't be shocked to see them lose to TCU this coming weekend.

Lightningwar

Administrator
After this week it is difficult for me to pick anybody but Bama as #1. All of these teams showed weakness in their own special way.

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
1. Florida State
2. Oregon
3. Alabama
4. Baylor
5. Auburn
6. A&M
7. Oklahoma
8. Notre Dame
9. Ole Miss
10. Michigan State

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
brock has some hard-on for Bo Pelini, and apparently it's his time of the month too.

Nebraska isn't a top ten team right now. If we somehow win next week, then it's a different story. Personally, I don't think we will win in East Lansing. But, if we can win the division, I'd feel better about a rematch.

JAR201166

1.Alabama
2.Alabama's 2nd team
3.Alabama's 3rd team
4.Oregon
5.Baylor
6.Notre Dame
7.Ole Miss
8.Texas A&M
9.Mizzou
10.Arkansas

Renegade

Charge on!
1. Florida State
2. Auburn
3. Oregon
4. Alabama
5. Oklahoma
6. UCLA
7. Texas A&M
8. Baylor
9. BYU
10. Oklahoma State

gilstein21

Brick has Auburn at #1? What?

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. Oklahoma
4. Auburn
5. Florida St.
6. Baylor
7. Michigan St.
8. Texas A&M
9. BYU
10. UCLA

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
1) Alabama
2) Oregon
3) Oklahoma
4) Florida State
5) Texas A&M
6) Auburn
7) Baylor
8) Michigan State
9) Mississippi State
10) Notre Dame

Renegade

Charge on!
What has Bama done to be #1? Beat WVU, who's a 6-6 type team, and beat the hell out of a 4-win Florida team?

bruin

1. Oregon
2. Oklahoma
3. Alabama
4. UCLA
5. Auburn
6. Florida State
7. A&M
8. Baylor
9. Notre Dame
10. Michigan State

JCruise

Same as last week:
1. FSU
2. Alabama
3. Oregon
4. Oklahoma
5. Auburn
6. Texas A&M
7. Notre Dame
8. Ole Miss
9. BYU
10. Miss State

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
1. Oregon
2. Oklahoma
3. Alabama
4. Florida State
5. Auburn
6. Baylor
7. UCLA
8. Notre Dame
9. Mississippi State
10. Texas A&M

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
1. Oregon
2. Oklahoma
3. Auburn
4. FSU
5. Baylor
6. Alabama
7. UCLA
8. Michigan State
9. Texas A&M
10. Notre Dame
11. BYU
12. Mississippi State
13. Stanford
14. Nebraska
15. Ole Miss
16. USC
17. LSU
18. Wisconsin
19. Ohio State
20. ECU
21. Kansas State
22. Oklahoma State
23. Georgia
24. Arizona
25. TCU

Renegade

Charge on!
So why does A&M get credit for gutting out a tough win in a neutral site, but FSU gets blamed for going down big but winning decently against an undefeated team in a tough road environment? SEC* And why is Oregon getting no blame for beating Wazzu by just 7?

Lightningwar

Administrator
So why does A&M get credit for gutting out a tough win in a neutral site, but FSU gets blamed for going down big but winning decently against an undefeated team in a tough road environment? SEC* And why is Oregon getting no blame for beating Wazzu by just 7?

Remember FSU got shit for not blowing out a top 20 Okie State team in that same stadium. A&M wins in OT and gets credit. Im surprised arkansas isnt in the top 15 for losing to A&M in OT.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

I moved TAMU down 7 spots after the Arkansas game.

As for Oregon, they went into that game really beat up and Wazzu is a lot better than people think. I've watched every game. Oregon also has the best win of any team thus far by a mile.

Renegade

Charge on!
I love me some Leach, but Wazzu lost to Rutgers and Nevada. They should have been easy work for a Top 5 team.

bruin

conference games are conference games.

Utah had looked pretty damn good all season till about midway through the 2nd quarter on Saturday.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I love me some Leach, but Wazzu lost to Rutgers and Nevada. They should have been easy work for a Top 5 team.

They lost to Rutgers (4-1) because of a muffed punt. The Nevada loss was inexcusable but they would beat them if they played today. Wazzu will beat a few more Pac-12 teams before the year is up and it isn't because they suck.

Why does FSU get a pass for looking like shit against NCSU (as usual)?

bruin

I'm not giving the Noles any heat.

Just think Oregon has the most impressive win so far this season by a wide margin.

Chase

1. Oregon
2. Auburn
3. FSU
4. Oklahoma
5. Alabamer
6. Miss State
7. A&M
8. UCLA
9. Baylor
10. Michigan State

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. OU
4. FSU
5. Auburn
6. Mich State
7. Baylor
8. UCLA
9. Notre Dame
10. Miss State

whiteyc_77

The Skeleton Debator
Mod Alumni
1. Auburn
2. Oregon
3. Oklahoma
4. Baylor
5. Alabama
6. UCLA
7. Notre Dame
8. Florida State
9. Michigan State
10. BYU

-YTC

Renegade

Charge on!
Why is OSU #10? Seems too high right now.

Nobody else to go there. It's half a troll. I don't think ND, Ole Miss, or Miss State should be up there, and OSU played FSU closer than MSU played Oregon. I was probably going to put MSU there, then behind them I'd have Georgia, but I didn't want to put Georgia there after the close call with Tennessee. Basically it was a lack of a qualified candidates.

Brick

The Oregon score was very misleading. Michigan State was much more of a threat to beat Oregon than Okie State ever was to beat FSU. MSU had Oregon on the ropes in the third quarter at 27-18 until Mariota pulled a rabbit out of his hat on a long third down, turned into Robo QB, and led to one of those big Oregon runs. I don't even think Oregon was playing bad up to that point and Michigan State was having their way for a while.

If Flazzu plays OSU ten times, they probably win 8 or so. I bet Oregon and Michigan State split. I wouldn't want to play them again.

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
The Oregon score was very misleading. Michigan State was much more of a threat to beat Oregon than Okie State ever was to beat FSU. MSU had Oregon on the ropes in the third quarter at 27-18 until Mariota pulled a rabbit out of his hat on a long third down, turned into Robo QB, and led to one of those big Oregon runs. I don't even think Oregon was playing bad up to that point and Michigan State was having their way for a while.

If Flazzu plays OSU ten times, they probably win 8 or so. I bet Oregon and Michigan State split. I wouldn't want to play them again.

Good to know. I was in Europe, so I missed that game. I'll keep that in mind for next week.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
MSU also played that game in Eugene, one of the toughest places to play. Okie St played in a neutral site game in a neighboring state.

Renegade

Charge on!
MSU also played that game in Eugene, one of the toughest places to play. Okie St played in a neutral site game in a neighboring state.
Yeah, my bad here. I thought the game was in East Lansing. I was completely disconnected from football for two weeks, so I messed that one up.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I give MSU a pass on that game because it was at the beginning of the season while it is still sweltering hot. They will hit their stride in the cool fall and winter months when it finally gets below hot ass 70 degrees. I mean nobody should have to play football in that kind of heat.