• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Utopia Poll - Week 3

Renegade

Charge on!
Post your Top 10. Don't see a reason to bother with the poll software since a few clowns mess up the results. Nor do I see a reason to do a whole Top 25, though you can if you want. I'll tabulate up the Top 10 for any serious polls on Tuesday night.

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
1. Florida State
2. Oregon
3. Auburn
4. Bammer
5. aTm
6. Oklahoma
7. UCLA
8. LSU
9. BYU
10. Arizona State

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
1. Oregon
2. Florida State
3. Oklahoma
4. TAMU
5. Baylor
6. Auburn
7. Alabama
8. Michigan State
9. BYU
10. UCLA

R2D2

1. Oregon
2. Oklahoma
3. Alabama
4. Florida State
5. Baylor
6. Auburn
7. Notre Dame
8. Michigan State
9. LSU
10. I guess I'll give this to Texas A&M

Renegade

Charge on!
BYU and UCLA in the top 10? Really?

This early on, I'm going to reward teams for playing good OOC, especially in UCLA's case going on the road across the country, even if UVA is mediocre. Add to that Texas, which even if they suck is better than playing Sun Belt, and then a resurgent Memphis team (they're going to win 8 games this year iyam), that gets a nod over two MAC teams and a 1-AA.

BYU's schedule is heavily frontloaded, so they'll probably fall some in my poll as the season goes on, and again, even though Texas is bad, going to Austin and kicking the living dogshit out of them is worth some points when there's so many teams right now that have played no one or already have a loss. Once we get into the season and teams like UGA, Clemson, and Mich State are beating their stronger conference opponents, they'll move up and that early quality loss won't be held against them. Do I think BYU is legitimately one of the 10 best teams in the country? No, but thus far their record and wins gives them the right to be in that conversation.

atlbraves

1. Oregon
2. Florida State
3. Texas A&M
4. Oklahoma
5. Alabama
6. Baylor
7. Auburn
8. Notre Dame
9. Michigan State
10. BYU

bruin

1. Florida State
2. Oregon
3. Texas A&M
4. Oklahoma
5. Auburn
6. Alabama
7. Notre Dame
8. Baylor
9. UCLA
10. LSU

atlbraves

Daddy A&M is good as fuck. I wouldn't be surprised if they wreck Bama. Sched might be too tough for them to go unbeaten, but I think they're the class of the conference this year.

R2D2

Daddy A&M is good as fuck. I wouldn't be surprised if they wreck Bama. Sched might be too tough for them to go unbeaten, but I think they're the class of the conference this year.

When they play Auburn, and LSU in November I doubt they walk away with a win. 10-2 is their best possible record, imo.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Yeah, LSU has had Sumlin's number. The game is at home though, so we'll see. Plus, LSU doesn't look all that great this year.

Brick

Texas a&m is just the next hot sec team to pimp. Down went sakarlina. Down went uga. Two teams that had no business being in playoff talks.

It really is a good strategy. Next team to beat a&m will be pimped like hell. Prolly the bert squad.

Apparently beating south Carolina schools proves a lot these days.

Texas a&m is just the next hot sec team to pimp. Down went sakarlina. Down went uga. Two teams that had no business being in playoff talks.

It really is a good strategy. Next team to beat a&m will be pimped like hell. Prolly the bert squad.

well we did win 33 games over the past 3 seasons and had an 18 game home winning streak in place. i thought they looked pretty good but obviously you are not impressed?

Clintmartian

Stringer Bell
1. Florida State
2. Oregon
3. A&M
4. Bama
5. Baylor
6. Auburn
7. Oklahoma
8. Notre Dame
9. Ole Miss (prepares to be heckled)
10. Can't decide...there's like four teams I wanna put it here. I guess Arizona State, but I haven't seen them play.

Brick

well we did win 33 games over the past 3 seasons and had an 18 game home winning streak in place. i thought they looked pretty good but obviously you are not impressed?
They did look good. But only in the Sec do you jump from fringe top 20 to first place votes after week one.

Iriving freyers hadn't lost a regular season game since he took over as corch and no one was crowning VTs asses.

If a&m would have beaten scar on the road and aggies were still in big xii the gamecocks would just be overrated. Now its "they can still bounce back and make the playoff". Same with Georgia. It's a joke.

Really all I needed to say is ole miss is in the top 10. But fuck.

People get too worked up over blowouts. Lets see a&m face any sort of adversity. They went 9-4 with Johnnie footbaw last year.

Last edited:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
1) Oregon
2) Texas A&M
3) Florida State
4) Bama
5) Auburn
6) Oklahoma
7) LSU
8) Baylor
9) Notre Dame
10) Michigan State

Wooly

They did look good. But only in the Sec do you jump from fringe top 20 to first place votes after week one.

Iriving freyers hadn't lost a regular season game since he took over as corch and no one was crowning VTs asses.

If a&m would have beaten scar on the road and aggies were still in big xii the gamecocks would just be overrated. Now its "they can still bounce back and make the playoff". Same with Georgia. It's a joke.

Really all I needed to say is ole miss is in the top 10. But fuck.

People get too worked up over blowouts. Lets see a&m face any sort of adversity. They went 9-4 with Johnnie footbaw last year.

This.

It's not like the SEC isn't great, but they still get over hyped so much. Just belonging to the conference gets teams more respect than they deserve. It's fine if you overhype Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, etc (even though it's annoying), because they are teams that are regularly among the best in CFB over the past decade. Goodness knows other teams get that, like Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon, USC, Ohio St, etc. However, other teams in the SEC get lumped in with them undeservedly, like Georgia, So.Car, Ole Miss, etc. That gets really old. Tex A&M may very well be the best in the SEC for all I know, but it's hard to know what is hype and what is real with most SEC teams.

The reason of course is marketing. ESPN is selling it's most valuable CFB product (SEC football) to it's most voracious consumer (SEC superfandom). Since ESPN is now a full financial partner with the SEC, they are pimping their own product regardless of the merit. Like you said, it's a joke, because ESPN is much more making and selling a product they own, rather than broadcasting a sport for an audience. They have every incentive to make the SEC king, and unfortunately for CFB, their conflict of interest is not challenged enough by the rest of CFB, the press, and the public. Too many people just tune in and believe it, so it happens. Tail wag the dog.

atlbraves

@Brick I'm a little salty that almost every time I make a statement about an SEC team, it invariably sets off the same rant from somebody on here. You don't even disagree with what I said about TAMU, but you had to dismiss my opinion because I'm obviously influenced by the SEC hype, which you reject with your god-like mind.

As far as that little nugget about nobody crowning Va Tech, TAMU moved from #21 to #9 after beating #9 Cocks. Va Tech moved from unranked (with only 17 votes) to #17 after beating #8 OSU. Those are pretty even jumps. Maybe ur boy Herbie didn't give the Hokies as much lip service as he did to Daddy A&M, but the polls treated them fairly.

As much as people here complain about the media, they don't give South Carolina much respect either. All ESPN talked about last week was how Gurley and the Dawgs were going to run all over us.

Then I get on here this week and @Wooly says South Carolina gets more credit than they deserve. I guess three straight 11-win seasons doesn't earn us the right to get lumped in with Florida. I guess have to lose to Georgia Southern before we get that honor.

Last edited:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
SCar is good but they get hyped up a lot when they legitimately haven't won anything aside from a division title.

No one gave them any respect this season because they looked awful in the first two games and the media bought into the UGA hype like always.

Also, is Ole Miss really in the Top 10? That is horrendous.

atlbraves

SCar is good but they get hyped up a lot when they legitimately haven't won anything aside from a division title.

Do you know about the history of the program? Are you aware that we had a cumulative losing record before Lou Holtz got here? 11 wins is a pretty big deal.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Do you know about the history of the program? Are you aware that we had a cumulative losing record before Lou Holtz got here? 11 wins is a pretty big deal.

Yes, I'm aware. What does that have to with their ranking?

Just because the program has sucked historically doesn't mean they should be thrown into the Top 10 every year.

Are you aware how bad K-State sucked before Bill Synder got there? Why aren't they constantly touted as a national title contender? At least they've won their conference this century.

Brick

11 Wins in 3 Straight Seasons

If you can convince me why anyone should phear south Carolina without using that phrase, ill concede.

atlbraves

You know what, nevermind.

I don't know how "Texas A&M is a really good team that can beat Bama" is such an outrageous/incendiary statement that you guys felt the need to come hard and pissed, with the obligatory digs at S. Carolina. Yet here were are.

R2D2

You know what, nevermind.

I don't know how "Texas A&M is a really good team that can beat Bama" is such an outrageous/incendiary statement that you guys felt the need to come hard and pissed, with the obligatory digs at S. Carolina. Yet here were are.

Don't get yourself worked up, b. Texas A&M will fall.

Brick

GUYS I THINK MISSISSIPPI STATES WIN AT LSU IS MOAR IMPRESSIVE THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE COUNTRY HAS ON THEIR RÉSUMÉ UR THOUGHTZ?