• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
woo.gif

NML

I saw his 30 seconds in the UCL, I don't think he even touched the ball. He's got some youtubes

obviously he's mostly hype; but I'll trust what Pep and JK have seen in him

NML

Seems pre mature to offer it, especially since there's no reason to at this point

BTW, did that Arsenal kid get capped by Germany?

Milo

Yeah, the reaction I've seen is the equivalent to a 5-star on signing day.

That he's on the fringe of one of the best European teams is something that doesn't come easy. He must have potential and some talent. That Pep seems to value him is a great sign and he's an ideal manager to learn under.

I am just a bit taken aback by the euphoria displayed over a player with less than 30 minutes of professional playing time. Not that people are excited, but the level of excitement. As a fan of the USMNT, I'm more encouraged that Klinsmann has, under his reign, made the U.S. a favorable option in these dual-citizen cases. From what I've read, this is a player that Germany had keen interest in going forward.

Last edited:

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
He's no Sacha. That guy has tons of playing time

Snorky's Shame

Seems pre mature to offer it, especially since there's no reason to at this point

BTW, did that Arsenal kid get capped by Germany?

Not really, especially if it seals the switch. Also remember that Klinsmann will be around in 2018.

Zelalem has been capped at u-16 for Germany I think. I believe he has a much longer path to US citizenship. Green's father served in the US military.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Zelalem will no longer be eligible to play for the US since he would not be a citizen at the time of his U-17 cap.

Snorky's Shame

Yeah, it sounds like he wanted to play for the US as well.

It will help his club career though, he would have lost his German citizenship if he had applied for US citizenship.

Renegade

Charge on!
Zelalem's done, and it's a longshot even if he doesn't get capped by Germany U-17 here soon. There's several guys nearing the top flight in Germany that are still eligible for us, and we've got a lot of younger players in the pipeline as well if you look at that site I linked previously.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
That snow game was incredible, by the way. So much fun being there. And of course this year on that day, it's probably going to be 60 and sunny :laughing:

Renegade

Charge on!
The one thing that could happen if US Soccer would put some political muscle into it, is what's called a private bill in Congress that directs the government to take a certain action benefiting only one person or a small, specifically identified group. Congress regularly passes bills to direct that citizenship be bestowed on someone, often a family member of citizens to expedite the process or something.

BIG EVIL

America's Finest
Roster for Mexico:

GOALKEEPERS (3): Bill Hamid (D.C. United), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (8): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Clarence Goodson (San Jose Earthquakes), Michael Orozco (Puebla), Michael Parkhurst (Columbus Crew), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders FC)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Maurice Edu (Philadelphia Union), Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)
FORWARDS (4): Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Eddie Johnson (D.C. United), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

NML

Yedlin's got to beat out Brad Evans, which I would think he could. Issue is that Evans can play right mid too, not sure Yedlin can (or, at least, has). JK must have seen enough in January to want to give him another chance.

Edu vs Beckerman - and maybe Danny Williams, but I gotta like the former two's chances better. I have a hard time imagining a WC-squad without Beckerman doe; he's been a staple under JK.

Cool that Gil is back, but no way he's on the 23-man. Mix and Dempsey would both have to get hurt.

Obviously pumped to see Green. Wondo still on the outside looking in, but apparently has a shot. Eddie needs to have a big camp.

Renegade

Charge on!
His team plays in the CCL the same time as this game. So that's why he's not in.

Ah, yeah, just saw that he as well as Joe Corona and Herculez Gomez weren't available for that reason. Not that either of those guys are likely in the running for a spot in Brazil.

NML

Castillo has been awful every appearance he's made for the US. Lawd help us if he's in the 23 man. Beasley's got him by a mile. I'd take Lichaj over him as well.

Corona and Gomez ain't making it. Corona and Torres have really fallen off the face of the earth.

Biggest "surprise" to not make it, to me, was Feilhaber. He's been playing well for SKC and I would've thought he was ahead of Gil. Apparently not.

NML

Of course, as I post that, Ives posts an article about Feilhaber being the biggest snub :emo:

More emo news; Josh Gatt tore his ACL again. RIP his career

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Green on the bench.

Lineup is something like
Rimando
Beltran-Gonzo-Besler-Parkhurst
Bradley-Beckerman
Davis-Dempsey-Zusi
Wondo

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Got these uniforms from an ice cream truck

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Seriously with the billions nike has I guess they think they could just get a white jersey smear shit on it and it'll sell welll before a WC… but these are legitimately the worst US uniforms we've ever had and that is saying a lot.

doh

No I actually like the '94 WC uniforms a lot more. I even would go for the 2001-2005 era when everyone just wore the same uniforms put out by Nike just with different colors. These god awful.

doh

I love Kyle Beckerman finally getting his chance. Thought his skills are exactly what the USMNT has needed for a long time...