1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

Discussion in 'Pro Sports Discussion' started by Yankee151, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Bmack

Bmack Well-Known Member Mod Alumni

Team:
    WVU
    This is the correct move.

2. NML

NML Well-Known Member

Scored about 80 seconds into his debut

3. adchester

adchester Dog for life

Team:
    Minnesota-Duluth
    Berg altered is what my autocorrect gives me. It’s no TEFLON

4. NML

NML Well-Known Member

The Schalke/Dortmund game has been awesome.

McKennie is playing at striker - interesting idea, but I expected him to be more of a defensive forward, pressing the backline. Looks like Schalke has set their block pretty deep, so he hasn’t don’t much of that. Fairly technical, but he certainly looks like a midfielder playing out of position. Part of that is a lack of service. Other forward seems to be more a target man but hasn’t done much with the ball.

Pulisic on the bench. I think they know he’s moving this winter and are focusing on the future without him.

5. NML

NML Well-Known Member

Rumors and all that, but Dortmund have dropped the price for Pulisic and it looks like he’s almost certainly leaving in January.

I’d say it’s about 40% Chelsea/Liverpool, and 10% ManU/Bayern.

Would despise him going to United. He’ll do the HARD WORK WORK that Jose wants, but Jose has also been a black hole for talented youth players. Only bonus would be that he’s probably one of the first names on the team sheet and Jose might not make it to next season anyways.

Haven’t seen enough substance to think Bayern has a real shot

Another negative is that he’s cup tied in Europe. But January/February are pretty packed with cup and league play anyways, and teams are always bruised up after December so I think he finds time at either of the other two.

I think the Klopp connection is overstated, but I think FSG gives Liverpool the edge.

6. wolverine318

wolverine318 Well-Known Member Mod Alumni

Team:
    Michigan
    Chelsea is interesting. Pedro and Willian are older. Odoi is promising but might leave. Hazard is hazard, might leave too, probably plays more CF,s, whatever byou want to call itoving forward. So they Def should be in the market.

He plays they high energy that sarri likes too.

kella likes this.
  7. Snorky's Shame

Snorky's Shame Well-Known Member

Didn’t they change the rule regarding being cup-tied in Europe? Pulisic can play for Manchester United in Europe this season.

8. kella

kella Smug know-it-all Administrator Operations

Only a person who hates themselves would approve a transfer to Mourinho united lol

9. wolverine318

Team:
    Michigan
    I believe the rule is they can only register him I'd he didn't play. Add pulisic played in the champs league he would be tied. But would be eligible to play in Europa League fire Chelsea, etc.

10. NML

NML Well-Known Member

Good shout, I didn’t know this.

Daily Mail is reporting that Pulisic to Chelsea is a DONE DEAL

11. doh

doh THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

Team:
    Las Vegas Pac Men
    No they can play him in CL. This rule is new this year. The only thing is you can only register 3 new players going into the knockout stages.

Haji Wright played entire second half for Schalke yesterday. Scored but was ruled just offside. Another American in Germany...

wolverine318 likes this.
  12. wolverine318

Team:
    Michigan
    Good to know.

13. Snorky's Shame

Snorky's Shame Well-Known Member

Great pick up for Vitesse

14. Orlando

Orlando Well-Known Member Utopia Moderator

Pedro ain’t getting any younger

15. NML

NML Well-Known Member

Haji and McKennie started up top together today - that’s got to be a first in history. Another first is an American assisting a goal for another American - Wright got his first.

Schalke are struggling though despite going through in the CL.

Novakovich also had a great match as it looks like Fortuna is going to the quarterfinals of the Dutch club. I really like his game and hope he gets more of a run with the NT

16. NML

NML Well-Known Member

Camp Cupcake roster

GOALKEEPERS (4): Alex Bono (Toronto FC/CAN; 1/0), Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 5/0), Tyler Miller (LAFC; 0/0),
    Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 6/0)

DEFENDERS (10): Reggie Cannon (FC Dallas; 2/0), Greg Garza (FC Cincinnati; 10/0), Justen Glad (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes; 0/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 2/0), Daniel Lovitz (Montreal Impact/CAN; 0/0), Mark McKenzie (Philadelphia Union; 0/0), Keegan Rosenberry (Colorado Rapids; 0/0), Auston Trusty (Philadelphia Union; 0/0), Walker Zimmerman (LAFC; 4/1)

MIDFIELDERS (10): Kellyn Acosta (Colorado Rapids; 23/2), Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 17/2), Corey Baird (Real Salt Lake; 0/0), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC/CAN; 142/17), Russell Canouse (D.C. United; 0/0), Marky Delgado (Toronto FC/CAN; 6/0), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 5/1), Djordje Mihailovic (Chicago Fire; 0/0), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 5/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 11/0)

FORWARDS (3): Jeremy Ebobisse (Portland Timbers; 0/0), Christian Ramirez (LAFC; 0/0), Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew SC; 40/6)

Ten defenders with a combined 18 caps

17. Orlando

Orlando Well-Known Member Utopia Moderator

Our decent defenders play in Europe.

18. kella

kella Smug know-it-all Administrator Operations

Reggie Cannon? Russel Canouse? Cory Baird? Auston Trusty?

These guys sound like they come from a poorly coded prospect generator algorithm.

Yankee151 and DeadMan like this.
  19. DeadMan

DeadMan aka spiker or DeadMong

Team:
    Michigan
    Steffen is on the roster? When does he go to Man City?

Interesting that Bradley is on there but Jozy isn't. No Guzan, either, which seems strange. He's probably the #2 or #3 keeper for a couple of years still.

20. GatorTD

GatorTD Male Mod Alumni

July.