• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Jermaine Jones looks like an R&B record label manager from 1987. Good lord. He can't possibly be taken seriously walking around in Turkey.

NML

So sad that Holden went down again. Dude should honestly just retire and become an analyst or corch or something. Dude is really likeable but I just don't seem him ever getting to his level again.

Julian Green looking like a pimp in dat red white and blue doe.

KlinsmannGreen2-ISIPhotos.com_.jpg

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Haven't heard how serious it is yet, but yeah, I tend to agree with you NML. It's a terrible saga, especially because he was on his way to being a really good player before de Jong broke his leg.

NML

The case could probably be made that in the 2010-2011 he was the best US player in the world. Bolton finished 14th that year - however, Holden went down with about a month and a half left, during which they lost 7 of 9 matches. Still got their player of the year doe. They were also headed to the semi-finals of the FA Cup, but then he went down and they got stomped 5-0. I think he was 25 then?

Gotta give some props to JK (like I haven't enough) - just getting Green into camp is pretty impressive. I think we ultimately get him when he gets the fourth striker spot over Eddie Johnson for Brazil.

One other thing of note, we are officially 100 days from the World Cup. ESPN Classic is showing a bunch of qualifying games today, including Dos a Cero

Orangebird

Premier League Champs
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/dont-take-julian-green-to-the-world-cup/

It’s becoming increasingly clear that Julian Green is a special soccer player. The 18-year-old winger already made his first-team debut for Pep Guardiola’s world-destroying Bayern Munich, and has scored nearly a goal a game for its reserve team this season. Born in Tampa, Green has lived in Germany since he was 2. He is, at worst, an exceptionally promising prospect. At best? Who knows; projecting the future of a teenage soccer phenom is an exercise in cloudy crystal-ball reading under the simplest circumstances, and Green’s situation is far from simple. He’s not Lionel Messi, but he’s closer to him than he is to Freddy Adu. Let’s just say he’s the type of player who, in the right situation, could dramatically improve the fortunes of the United States national team this summer in Brazil.

And yet, under no circumstances should Jurgen Klinsmann bring Julian Green to the World Cup as a member of the 23-man American roster.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
The only thing I got out of that article is we don't even have to cap tie Green. All we need is his 1-time switch paperwork filed.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I trust JK to make the right choice. I think he knows a bit more about soccer than a Grantland article. Green in a bench role is not going to hurt our already slim chances of knocking off one of the top 15 teams in international soccer and advancing, but what would hurt is not having him in 2018.

NML

What a terrible article. For Christ sake, it quotes a year old article that says we have chemistry issue - the same article that spurned us to win twelve straight or whatever it was.

Also, he discounts the Bayern reserve team way too much. Boyd was scoring at a worse rate for Dortmund's reserves when he got his first call up, and he hadn't even cracked their first team. Most consider Boyd a lock for Brazil (granted he's done well since moving to Austria).

1 out of 5 would not read again

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
We should be doing anything we can to hoard any dual citizenship guys. We will never win a World Cup or truly challenge internationally with the current youth setup running out corches like NML and TubbyPooPoo.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'm still just :laughing: at how bringing Green as the 23rd player would upset chemistry. Because apparently someone like Gomez has contributed so much to the US efforts, the team would be upset if they are left out. Gomez hasn't played for the US in qualifying since 2012 I believe. I mean, jesus. The 23rd man isn't going to make or break the US' chemistry.

NML

We should be doing anything we can to hoard any dual citizenship guys. We will never win a World Cup or truly challenge internationally with the current youth setup running out corches like NML and TubbyPooPoo.

3 wins in 3 games babby

NML

Who's watching this afternoon?

Reported backline of Castillo - Brooks - Gooch - Cameron

This means two relatively important things

1) Fabian will be starting at left mid. Does that mean Beasley starts at left back, or just trying to see Fabian in another spot?
2) JK wants Cameron at right back. He could definitely start alongside Brooks here, but I think he knows we need Cameron out wide.

NML

Jozy
Fabian - Dempsey - Bedoya
Sacha - Jones
Castillo - Brooks - Gooch - Cameron
Howard

Sacha back!!:thumbsup:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm cool with that as I assume the plan is just to leave him on Cyprus forever, right?

NML

That was ugly. Was about to give Brooks a compliment for how well he had played.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yarmolenko is owning Castillo. They almost got another chance because of a Sacha dispossesion. I think he'll be this year's Bornstein

NML

Cameron is at right back. Mix has a small injury.

Beckerman will probably get Sacha's spot, or Danny Williams.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Portugal would've scored there. I think Yarmolenko is a good test for Ronaldo, though he's playing on the right and not the left. Can't get caught out with him up top there.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Sacah of course terrible. Gooch terrible. What are they doing in a pre wc friendly?

NML

What does Castillo bring? Apparently he's good for his club, but he seems to get beat constantly, provide no support, and doesn't have any speed.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Sacha trying to play long balls like he's Pirlo, keeps hitting it straight to the keeper or last CB

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Another terrible Castillo giveaway. Some Brazilian puber is at our controls.

NML

Anderlecht is a UCL constant doe, he just never gets to play in the 10 with the US like he does for them.

Ive also seen him at his best, I haven't with Castillo. That's why I asked, I'm not sure what his positive attributes are. Maybe I need to consult fifa.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think it really is that we don't have any better options at LB to the point where he's considered the second best.