• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

Snorky's Shame

Aren't all our good U23s playing with the senior team?

Hot take, I really don’t care about men’s soccer at the Olympics. Never have, never will.

Just look at the Gold Medal Winners, I’d argue that maybe for the exception of 2008 Argentina, none of them even came close to fulfilling their potential.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Hot take, I really don’t care about men’s soccer at the Olympics. Never have, never will.

Just look at the Gold Medal Winners, I’d argue that maybe for the exception of 2008 Argentina, none of them even came close to fulfilling their potential.
I dont think it's important for development or anything, but I enjoy watching the Olympics so I wish the US would make it when they should lol

Snorky's Shame

I dont think it's important for development or anything, but I enjoy watching the Olympics so I wish the US would make it when they should lol

Other than Track & Field I’m meh about the Olympics. I wish the NBA would stop trying to make the Olympics the big international tournament and put more effort into making the FIBA World Cup the big one or start their own tournament. Soccer figured it out decades ago that your main tournament can’t be the Olympics if you want to be the most popular sport in the world. Basketball should do the same.

In the same vein, I really don’t give a shit if baseball/softball is in the Olympics.

bruin

Other than Track & Field I’m meh about the Olympics. I wish the NBA would stop trying to make the Olympics the big international tournament and put more effort into making the FIBA World Cup the big one or start their own tournament. Soccer figured it out decades ago that your main tournament can’t be the Olympics if you want to be the most popular sport in the world. Basketball should do the same.

In the same vein, I really don’t give a shit if baseball/softball is in the Olympics.
Boxing. Last Gold medal in 2004. SAD. But, Honduras deserved it today.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Dear Nutopians,

I don't want Jozy to play for the USMNT EVER AGAIN. He's not Lebron, he's not Kanye, and I want Gregg to treat him the same way Didier Deschamps treats Karim Benzema: BLACKBALLED from representing his country. Good. Fucking. Riddance.

Signed,

The Hachiko!

Last edited:

bruin

So, this CONCACAF Nations cup is basically just a mini tourney? Looks like we’re sending our A team.18999

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Pulisic has looked really bad.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Oh great, using a sub on the keeper

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I miss when Mexico's entire team were detestable. These guys are kind of anonymous or even fun to watch

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm not a rules expert but that seems like the right call. You can't just plow someone over with impunity just because you happened to get the ball because you ran them over lol