• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

USA National Soccer (M & W) Thread

NML

17’s coast to the finals. It’s nice to not be sweating the qualifying and results, even at the youth level. Final vs Mexico tomorrow - if they win, US holds the title for u17, u20, and full NT for at least a month.

Saw this chart and thought it was a great shout for how USL has positioned themselves

17A72876-45CD-4FD6-9B86-CBAF66B000EF.jpeg

Keep in mind this doesn’t include the lower leagues of USL, which haven’t started yet.

NML

Prelim roster for the Gold Cup is out. Brooks and Yedlin both out with injuries FFFFFUUUUUUUU

Also, Joe Gyau is still a thing?

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Beasley retiring at the end of the year... what a career. One of the best for an American of all-time.

NML

U20 World Cup today

For those that aren’t weirdos that follow this stuff, our team is really, really good. Which means we’ll probably get eliminated in the group stage

But it’s our best u20 team... ever? At least recently, and we’ve made the quarterfinals the last two tournaments. Weah is ridiculously established for us to be at this tournament, and probably one of the best... 20 players at the whole thing? Italy’s team is relatively weak for them, but Portugal and France have good squads (notably Moussa Diaby who beat out Weah for a spot at PSG). Not too familiar with the SA teams, but no Brazil and I don’t recognize many names from Argentina or Uruguay.

It’s the youth level, so results only matter so much, but I always prefer to find the players who have high ceilings who we should see with the national team soon. Alex Mendez, Seb Soto, Sergio Dest, and Chris Golster are the people I’m highest on, but this team is ridiculously deep. It’s also the first time in history that our entire team is professional.

First match today at 2:30 against Ukraine (FS1 I think). People have been saying our group is the group of death, but honestly all three other teams squeaked by to qualify - all three were the last team from their federation to make it, whereas we coasted through qualifying (allowed two goals in eight matches, winning all eight with a +44 GD). If we don’t get out of the group, it’d be a massive disappointment (which means that’s the most likely outcome)

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
The U-20 is basically entirely professional, right? That's such a huge step forward. I remember being really excited about the team in 2007, which was half college players. Sal Zizzo, baby! :laughing:

Look forward to losing in the quarters again.

NML

That’s why the results have to be taken with grain assault.

A team whose best player was probably 17 year old Jozy beat a Brazil squad with Marcelo, Willian, David Luiz, and Luiz Adriano.

Sal Zizzo destroyed that tournament though and Adu had one my favorite goals of all time

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Man, I remember streaming that Brazil game while sitting on the floor of the Cleveland airport next to one of the only outlets I could find.

NML

U20 World Cup today

For those that aren’t weirdos that follow this stuff, our team is really, really good. Which means we’ll probably get eliminated in the group stage

But it’s our best u20 team... ever? At least recently, and we’ve made the quarterfinals the last two tournaments. Weah is ridiculously established for us to be at this tournament, and probably one of the best... 20 players at the whole thing? Italy’s team is relatively weak for them, but Portugal and France have good squads (notably Moussa Diaby who beat out Weah for a spot at PSG). Not too familiar with the SA teams, but no Brazil and I don’t recognize many names from Argentina or Uruguay.

It’s the youth level, so results only matter so much, but I always prefer to find the players who have high ceilings who we should see with the national team soon. Alex Mendez, Seb Soto, Sergio Dest, and Chris Golster are the people I’m highest on, but this team is ridiculously deep. It’s also the first time in history that our entire team is professional.

First match today at 2:30 against Ukraine (FS1 I think). People have been saying our group is the group of death, but honestly all three other teams squeaked by to qualify - all three were the last team from their federation to make it, whereas we coasted through qualifying (allowed two goals in eight matches, winning all eight with a +44 GD). If we don’t get out of the group, it’d be a massive disappointment (which means that’s the most likely outcome)

They all suck

NML

They played fine, but they weren’t dynamic enough to break down a typically well-structured Eastern European country. Both goals allowed were simple defensive mistakes - you compare them to some great movement and combinations that got the US theirs.

Dest got a ton of shit after but he’s so freaking impressive going forward. Our entire attack went through him. Weah, Méndez, and PaxPo weren’t utilized well, so I’m hopeful that Ramos fixes that going forward. I’d probably move Weah wide, drop KDLF, and bring in Rennicks who did a lot once he came on. I’m meh on Durkin - he has a ton of Bradley under JK in his game which is both useful and terribly scary. Gloster was good. Richards gave up the goal, but solid otherwise. Didn’t love Keita, Servania, Scott, or KDLF.

We also have arguably the best player in this entire pool sans the already capped full NT players who didn’t play - Richard Ledezma. He signed with PSV in December but never saw the field because of injuries. He’s with the team but obviously not fit. Could’ve used his game yesterday.

They are still in a fine spot to advance, namely because they should drop 4 or 5 on Qatar and four third place teams advance.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Robert Green retired today. THANK YOU LEGEND

ddytGsp.jpg

NML

Round of 16 against France about to kick off

Tab messed up a bit in the last match and two starters are out for yellow cards, but it might have weirdly helped since Durkin is probably too unathletic and Mendez doesn’t defend at all, neither of which is useful against France

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Weah is just walking around France's defense lol

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Good finish, but wow that defending. How soon can Arsenal offer that CB a contract?

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Atrocious defending. 2 guys collapsing on that guy with the ball? Why?

NML

US has fallen apart since PaxPo got hurt. He needs to be every where to give them a chance

Llanez is a great super sub doe, I’m optimistic he’s got something. Rennicks could pull off some HARD WORK WORK bullshit too

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Soto is so calm in front of the net.

Rennicks blows. Looks like a US Soccer politics pick.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This ref is really letting them play. Promote this guy to senior tournaments please.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This is ridiculous. Both teams look like they are going to score every time down the field.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Lmao France is diving on every dispossession.

NML

That was awesome. Three straight U20 quarterfinals.

Ecuador has been really good, but you can’t ask for much better than them and one of South Korea/Senegal as a road to the finals

Mexico still looking for their first point...

NML

Anyone watching tonight? Looks like it’s mostly the fringe guys tonight, Yuiel can’t even be on the Gold Cup roster. And it’s like a 3-5-2? The fuck?

Under 3 seems like printing money