• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Travis7401's North Dakota riggers Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I can't post questions in the NOOB thread @OU11 created and it looks like most of that info might have applied to the first season? Anyway, I made this thread so I can ask you'll questions as I try to join ur league.

1. What would be the most opportune time to join? I can join today (@osick87 installed the game, lol) or I can wait around and try some single player stuff to learn the menus/game mechanics until you start a new season.

2. What teams are available? The OOTP Newcomers thread shows all teams as currently taken.

3. How do I beat @Reel? (ie any good online resources?)

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I can't post questions in the NOOB thread @OU11 created and it looks like most of that info might have applied to the first season? Anyway, I made this thread so I can ask you'll questions as I try to join ur league.

1. What would be the most opportune time to join? I can join today (@osick87 installed the game, lol) or I can wait around and try some single player stuff to learn the menus/game mechanics until you start a new season.

2. What teams are available? The OOTP Newcomers thread shows all teams as currently taken.

3. How do I beat @Reel?

1. I would say join today- we're heading into the offseason in a few days.

2. Australia All-Whites

3. I'd start by not leaving healthy guys on the DL.

Lloyd Carr

1. Playoffs will be over soon. Now is the perfect time to join, since we are heading into the off-season.

2. Australia All Whites are available. All Whites to Riggers?

3. Simply show up.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Obvious troll is obvious.

Look at how mad it is. Does it not believe me?

Question #4: I see you can play as Manager/GM or both? I'm assuming we are both in this league?

Question #5: Are the house rules in OU's Noob thread up to date?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Look at how mad it is. Does it not believe me?

Question #4: I see you can play as Manager/GM or both? I'm assuming we are both in this league?

Question #5: Are the house rules in OU's Noob thread up to date?
Yes, rules are up to date. I probably need to go back through and update the FAQ, but i dont care enough most of the time.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You should have started before the draft, would've been a good launch point. Also if this is a troll you're dead to me

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Well, since time travel isn't an alternative... when would be the next best time to start?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well, since time travel isn't an alternative... when would be the next best time to start?

now. Osick will get you set up and I'll change your team name and add you as a manager. It will be in the next updated file

osick87

Community Liaison
I'm not at his house anymore but he can probably just use the wbl save I used.

Wolfman21

Wait till he finds out that osick booby trapped his Gauchos shirt so that if he quits, the next time he wears it, it poisons him

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
You gonna make one of those sweet logos for me, or you too salty? I'll post screenshots of me playing the game and downloading the save file if you still don't believe I'm playing, lol.

tumblr_lyqj11TZ761r8h71so1_500.gif

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You gonna make one of those sweet logos for me, or you too salty? I'll post screenshots of me playing the game and downloading the save file if you still don't believe I'm playing, lol.
Super salty. I'll get you a logo on Lando time, so about three months from now :laughing:

@ me with your team name, any idea you already have and color preferences.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Super salty. I'll get you a logo on Lando time, so about three months from now :laughing:

@ me with your team name, any idea you already have and color preferences.

Green/yellow and green/white seem to be popular colors in North Dakota. My favorite color scheme in sports is Wyoming brown/yellow. That would also fit the theme well. Honestly doe, I'm not picky about colors. The world can be ur oyster.

For a logo, something like these rigger statues where everyone is all working together in kind of a homo-erotic way, gathered around grabbing a big pipe, would be the ideal inspiration. I'm not sure how hard something like that would be to make into a logo, but it should give you a good idea. For lettering, north dakota riggers (all lowercase letters is important) would be my preference.

bf26f51af20b190babdaef2297e2b3b7.jpg

oil-rig-workers-diptych-steve-ohlsen.jpg

@Orlando

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Didn't have time to do anything but get a quickstart loaded with the Rockies, but I uploaded a few screenshots on ma'lunchbreak as proof for the haters. @Orlando

17642876720_783aa8c108_b.jpg

17830481201_056ea857ea_b.jpg

Consider me trapped by @osick87 VROOOOOOOM VROOOOOOOOOM. What really got me hooked was watching Osick go through his team. The menus were so pretty and the 20-80 ratings had me fapping all over the place and having a stats nerdgasm. I don't even really like baseball all that much as a sport, but the stats... my god the stats.

osick87

Community Liaison
Go into the wbl save I have on there and see if you can get into Australia.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
With Travis in, who's our next white whale? I'm thinking the Mak/Mame package deal. Oh the debates on house contract and budget rules. :love:

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Thankfully osick was there to load the game for you. Otherwise you getting into the WBL would be on the same timeline as your logo.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
@Travis7401 I'd try messing around with the Rockies, maybe over multiple saves to see how the development system works. I know you played FM, this game is easier than FM to get into so a couple of run throughs should be enough.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
So we need to get rolling on naming your minor league clubs. One obviously needs to be the Squirrel Kings, but I'm not sure if they should be from Weleetka, Wetumka, or Wewoka.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
What is "the website/websites" ya'll keep tombout? Is there somewhere I can go look at players when I don't have the game loaded? Player draft website, same or different?