• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

TRAVIS' 2079 DRAFT RATINGS

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I actually spent a lot of time evaluating this draft to increase my immersion. I know we're killing the league, so none of this matters, but I figure I'll give some draft analysis anyway!

Pick 1 : Semuwemba Subano @Yankee151 - Well he's the best bat in the draft and he's already got a good defensive rating at 1B as well, and it could improve a bit more by the time he's out of the minors. The only criticisms I have here are that he's a 1B and he's only 18 and needs a lot of development to reach potential. Those potential ratings are definitely lofty, but I still feel this is a risky pick at #1 OVR when there are several more polished college players who are more "can't miss" types. If he hits his potential, he's a GOAT type player!

Pick 2: Chris Winson @Otto and I guess @Wolfman21 for posterity - I had Winson rated as about the 5th Best SP prospect in the draft. He's a 60/60/50 pitcher who has 4 pitches with decent potential and 65 Stamina. He's not going to be a GOAT, but he will be a solid starter if he develops. I don't really like this pick because there are several SPs still on the board and both of them are more developed, meaning there is less room for disappointment.

Pick 3: Vaclav Paauw @Otto - This guy is a bit of a mystery because he didn't show up in my In-game draft pool for some reason. The website shows him as a 60/55/60 SP with 4 solid pitches and a 5th bad pitch. He has good intangibles, but at 18 he still has a lot of development left before he's a good starter. I like him slightly better than Winson, but there are still several pitchers I have rated equal to him!

Pick 4: Bill Fritch @NML - Here is the #1 rated pitcher in the draft, and I feel like this is great value at #4 overall. 65/60/60 potential ratings and he's already a 60/50/50, so you know he's going to make the WBL for sure. He's got 3 great pitches and a 4th bad pitch, along with 70 stamina and he's a lefty as well. Additionally he has some WOOLY level intangibles and his stats his senior year were amazing.

Pick 5: Rory Kent @Rutgers Mike ? 60/50/65 potential but as a 21 year old he still needs to develop before he's going to be a sure thing as a WBL SP. The plus side is he has 5 good pitches. The downside is his personality is pretty bad. I feel like there are several better pitchers still on the board

Pick 6: Mickael Bernard @otto @OU - SHEESH, OTTO really struggled here. A lot of great pitchers left on the board and OTTO takes a guy with 75/40/40 potential? Even if he hits his full development, he is a bullpen arm at best, because you can't start in the WBL with 40 movement AND 40 control. You'll walk the bases full and then give up a grand slam. I might take a flier on this dude in the 5th round or something, but there are literally a dozen pitchers that are better than him still on the board

Pick 7: Torkel Zettesberg- @jdlikewhoa I had TORKEL rated as my #1 position player. He's a SS with + Defense and a + Bat and he's a left handed hitter, which is really rare for the infield as well. His current ratings are very close to fully developed, so he's essentially a cant miss prospect. Some poor OTTO picks gave JD some great value here. If he doesn't trade Torkel to @Orlando, I'll blackball JD from all future friendship.

Pick 8 - Bill McAllen - @hayvis Hayvis did really well to get arguably the top AMERICAN player in the draft and he didn't reach either. McAllen will provide a + Bat and +Defense at 3B and he's already very far along in his development. I wonder what Hayvis would have done if the best American was truly Loathsome?

Pick 9 Oliver Karani@Mr. Radpants Another left handed Short Stop? Kinda weird. I feel like Karani will end up moving to 2B/3B since he's only starting with 55 range. The good news for him is that he can currently play SS well and the rest of his defensive attributes are BLUES, so he'll be ++ at 2B or 3B on defense. He's also got a nice bat for a middle infielder and he's far enough along in his development that he's a sure thing for the WBL. At worst he's going to be an awesome utility infielder, but I predict he'll be an awesome starter with his LHB. It will be easy to platoon him against lefties and really watch him shine!

Pick 10 Bastian Caixinha @TonyGin&Juice - This was another dude who didn't show up for me in game, but he's a high school closer prospect with low current ratings but 80/55/60 potential and two BLUE pitches. I feel like this pick is a reach because there are still a lot of guaranteed WBL players left on the board, including a more developed closer and several SPs along with many solid position players. Taking a closer in the 1st is a luxury and taking a closer who needs like 5 years of development is a super luxury. If he reaches his potential, he looks great but that's a lot of IFs AND BUTs for the #10 pick

Pick 11 Timoth Anderson @Orlando - Anderson is a name that sounds kinda Swedish, but he's not. The good news is that he actually projects well as a LF/RF in addition to being able to play 1B. Orlando did his homework here and found one of the better EVEN A CORNER OFs in the draft. His development isn't really that far along for a college player and his personality isn't great, so I wouldn't say he's a sure thing to make the WBL, but he's still a solid prospect who might end up being one of the top 3 SMASH BATS in the draft.

Pick 12 Jose Barrera @NML - I feel like Barrera is arguably an equal or better prospect than the SPs taken at #2 and #3 and NML is getting him way down here at #12. I personally had Barrera tied with Pauuw and Vincent as the 2nd - 4th best SPs in the draft. The only question mark is the fact that he isn't as far along with his development as I'd like to see from a college prospect.

Pick 13 Paul Vincent @Karl Hungus - Another good value in a SP prospect, I'd say he might have slightly more upside than Barrera, but more development risk since he's a high school player. As mentioned above, I had Vincent rated as the 2nd-4th best SP in the draft, another great value near the end of the 1st round! I was really wishing one of Vincent/Barrera would drop to me!

Pick 14 Nick Fell@Travis7401 - I had Nick rated as one of the top 3 BATS in the draft. His well rounded LHB reminds me of former RIGGER Jose Vigil. Vigil had better defense, but that bat looks pretty similar. He looks like he can BARELY be even a corner OF, and if his range drops he might be doomed to DH. The good news is that his bat ratings are very far along in their development, so he should at least get a cup of coffee in the WBL. I had him rated similar to Anderson, so getting him down here at the end of the 1st was a nice surprise. At worst, if his range drops, he's a DH who can play backup for the corner OF spots in an emergency.

Pick 15 Branco Pagter- I feel like Pagter is a notch below the top SPs in the draft, but I decided to take him here anyway because I wasn't sure I'd get another shot at an SP in this draft and I still have a lot of position players I like that will be around for my 2nd round picks. Pagter is definitely not a sure thing since he's currently sitting at 30/35/35 ratings that will make A ball a struggle for the first year, but he does have 65/50/60 potential that would make him a decent SP if he develops fully. What I liked most is the fact that he's got 5 really strong potential pitches, so even if a few struggle to develop, he should have good stuff. He also has some of the best intangibles in the draft, how could I pass that up?

Pick 16 Teddy Mildren - @Lloyd Carr I very strongly considered drafting Teddy, because it is rare to find a MIF with three 60+ potential batting ratings and great looking defense. Like all high schoolers, Teddy is a bit of a risk because he needs to develop so much before we see what he's really about. That being said, grabbing this type of potential talent at the end of the 1st round is pretty awesome. This is probably one of the highest value picks in the draft.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Pretty much agree with everything. Subano is the high-risk/high-reward move for me (with my latter two picks being more stable/utility type players), which I could afford to do after getting two bonafide studs in Yamauchi (I think? I have like 3 good Japanese OF Prospects) and Drewnoski last year. Good stats in HS helps with his potential at least.

As I alluded to earlier with Rad, I think Karani may end up the most valuable player in this draft after Subano and (a healthy) Fritch. Fritch is the best player, but torn labrum in his early 20s + repeated Back DTD injuries isn't the best of signs.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Leaving the y off Timothy makes it sound even more Swedish! Even though his development has sucked, his college numbers are pretty insane. I’m guessing g he was overlooked because he was a 1B.

NML

I liked Timothy and he was on my shortlist for #4. I also think he could play corner outfield decently, which could help his value

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
View attachment 8465

Felt really lucky to get my top two pitching prospects, I know Barrera is somebody Yankee was considering so I was shocked he fell
Yep forgot to mention this but Barrera was my #1 pitcher, should be interesting to watch him and Fritch (over timeskip sim) grow together

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I disagree about Kent. My scout has him with 2 55 pitches right now, and at 50-45-45 right now. Guy should be able to start off in AA, with maybe half a season of AAA before an August call up.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
2 Wizard awards and 3rd place finish in that same award for Kent are definitely a good sign for him. His 2078 season was nuts, May be ready for AAA right away.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
50-45-45 means he still needs to develop a bit before he's a sure thing... unless you want him to be a loathsome sure thing, lol.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Something I may do more research on is the effect of 5+ pitches on Stuff rating. He's got a couple that are at 55 right now which should bump him up towards the higher end of 50 stuff, unless he's a trog and only throws his 35 changeup!