• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The Notre Dame thread

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
For the first time since 1887 ND has shut out Michigan and snapped Michigan's 30 year streak of not being shut out by anyone. I'm cautiously optimistic at this point. This team can be great but first needs to get past Purdue, which won't be easy. The way the defense is playing reminds me of 2012 and the offense is full of fire power.

Wat

Have you seen Purdue?

How is Golson a senior? I thought he was a freshman (redshirt?) when ND went to the shampship.
It has to do with the way ND lists their students - redshirt years are not the default. So he didn't play during his Freshman year, he went 12-1 as a Soph., was kicked out for junior, and is now a Senior. Presumably, he could play next year if he is enrolled in a graduate program as a Redshirt Senior, but I don't believe they would let him play two more years (despite his eligibility).

Bruce Wayne

He would have to get a waiver from the NCAA to play two more years. 5 years to play 4 is the rule, but there are hardship waivers. I doubt his situation will qualify though.

atlbraves

I didn't know the 5 years had to be consecutive. I was thinking about the Mormon mission guys take 2 years off without losing any eligibility. I guess that's an exception, though.

Brick

Flavor of the week head corch looking pretty good right now. Even if he did kill five hookers.

That play might have been the worst one of the game, and considering the 'three guys moving at the snap' play, that's saying something.

Brick

If you win next week you will be in the playoff. I think you will win. Catholics v convicts and luck and whatnot. Congrats.

Brick

You won't. Golson can't lose. This is a play-in game as far as I'm concerned. Winner could even fall twice and weasel their way in IMO. Cause defending shampship and Notre Dame.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
You won't. Golson can't lose. This is a play-in game as far as I'm concerned. Winner could even fall twice and weasel their way in IMO. Cause defending shampship and Notre Dame.

But neither play in the SEC SEC SEC.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
On my way to work this morning I passed a Notre Dame semi on I65 south. Trailer and tractor both painted in full ND. The trailer said, "here comes the Irish". Are they hauling the equipment to Tallahassee or what was in that rig?

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Would assume it's for the team. Truck driver is a strange profession for an ND fan, as we know, like most colleges, most ND fans graduated from ND.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
It's too early for this. (take my bait)

I was actually going to suggest this is the driver:

6cyRCpQ.jpg

kella

Staff member
Administrator