• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Florida consistently does the one thing that slows down and frustrates Vegas: hard forechecking. Gotta hit their defenders at every opportunity and prevent smooth breakouts. Edmonton and Dallas had success when they did that, but they just didn't do it enough. And surely Hill will come back down to Earth at least a few times.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Hockey is already a niche sport in the States. Southern markets are a major risk unless the team is good for a while. The Expansion Draft is now incredibly favorable for new franchises, so if an Atlanta expansion team happens they'd probably be pretty good fairly quickly. I doubt Vegas would have the support it does if they weren't good immediately.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Hockey is already a niche sport in the States. Southern markets are a major risk unless the team is good for a while. The Expansion Draft is now incredibly favorable for new franchises, so if an Atlanta expansion team happens they'd probably be pretty good fairly quickly. I doubt Vegas would have the support it does if they weren't good immediately.
Why expand anyway? Well besides the cash for the other owners? 33, 34 and 35 team league doesn’t make sense either.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I mean, put McDavid on this Vegas team and he's winning a cup. Buffalo fumbled it with Eichel but they'll be fine. Edmonton's front office has been pretty shitty, too.