• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
CAUFIELD'S pass was :scared:

200.gif

Simo77

Don't sleep on the Habs. The west winner is going to be wrecked after their series. Montreal just getting healthy and rested.
Habs vs Islanders? Who says no?

I've always rooted against Montreal but they're kind of making me like them. I agree that the winner of the West will be wrecked so there will be an opportunity. Still not sure that the North is on that level but a rested team versus a beat up one would help even things out.

I know goalies are sometimes just going to do that (Price did it yesterday), but it's still a big kick in the dick for sure.

Simo77

I watched. Vegas looks like more talented Islanders. Not the most chances but when they got them they were converted. On D they kept most stuff to the outside and blocked a ton. We'll probably get Tampa vs Vegas which might be my least preferred outcome going in. Total chaos outcome of Habs vs Isles would be awesome but I don't see that happening.

I really think any of these four teams could win it. I don't particularly want Tampa again, but I'm not losing any sleep over that either. I'm just excited for these semi-finals. Stupid that we have to wait until Sunday.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Damn, I thought this was Colorado’s year. Vegas just turned it on at the right time. If it’s them against Tampa, which is most likely, I’m cheering for Vegas.

I'll be honest, I'd love to see Price lift that Cup. If it's not the Habs, I'm down with Vegas winning the Cup. The Islanders have so many guys who are gritty, tough workman-like guys. I would not be sad to see them win it. (I bet we see Anders Lee playing 2-3 shifts just so he gets his name on the Cup, much like Stamkos last year). If Tampa wins, they will have my respect for sure. It's hard to repeat. I just don't care about them much.

Last edited:

Simo77

Everyone I actually pull for is out and even teams I kind of keep an eye on at this point are gone. My preference would be Isles, Habs, Vegas, Tampa. But that's probably exactly the opposite order of what is likely.

Why all the Vegas hate? I'm just curious. I don't really care that people hate them, but I'm just surprised since they haven't been around long enough to generate this kind of hate.

Simo77

I don't hate Vegas. They play fun hockey. I just won't root for them against anyone but Tampa I guess. Their story is they got the most generous expansion of any team ever, maybe in any league ever. TBH it's the way expansions should be done. It's hard to build a brand when they suck for 10-20 years. Columbus has what one series win all time? Atlanta never got off the ground. I don't dislike Vegas for it. I guess I don't feel anything about Vegas. Islanders and Habs would be much more amazing and interesting stories given the context of this season and not history in general. Tampa intentionally worked around the rules and they just won so I'd like to see them win least of all.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Why all the Vegas hate? I'm just curious. I don't really care that people hate them, but I'm just surprised since they haven't been around long enough to generate this kind of hate.
Mainly because their fans are pretty annoying, between not knowing very much about hockey and being immediately successful

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Habs survived an all-out assault by Vegas. I thought for sure that there would be an equalizer there at the end. Great team defense by Montreal.