the NHL Thread

silverwheels

Thudner Up
Outside of that one rush the Oilers were the better team. A lesser goalie than BOB and they prolly have the lead. Just have to keep testing him.

I suspect we'll get an explanation at intermission, but I didn't think that was a goal when I saw it. Something about pushing the goalie's pads in isn't allowed.

silverwheels

Thudner Up
I'll have to watch it again but I thought Brown pushed the puck. But yeah if it was the pads then it's no goal.

Feel like they'll get one tonight but they're having to work for it. And they have to outscore Nurse-Ceci and Skinner the whole series. Not good odds for Edmonton if that's the lay of the land.

silverwheels

Thudner Up
Oilers defense will need an upgrade next year and they need more aggressive forecheckers. Skinner is good enough if the defense in front of him gets better. Colorado won a Cup with Darcy fucking Kuemper so...

silverwheels

Thudner Up
Oilers controlled most of game 1. Just couldn't beat BOB. So they are capable. Need to avoid going east-west too much on zone exits and through the neutral zone and attack more directly. Shoot high on BOB. Finish checks cleanly.