• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

CJ_24

Hol e shit. Duclair almost took not one, but two skates to the face. That was inches away from possibly being one of the most horrifying scenes in sports history

Wolfman21

i've been in that building a hundred times to watch the Canes and State basketball play. I can't imagine sitting in the same seat with my knees bent up for 5 damn hours and it still not be over, lol

BearDownUofA

Festizio
Quebec has an NHL-ready arena and tons of fan support but Bettman would rather eat his own shit. Hamilton would likely be blocked by Toronto and Buffalo even if that region is heavily populated.
Neither of those are happening. If you move the team to Quebec City or Hamilton, you have to move a team out of the East to make room, and neither Detroit nor Columbus are going back.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Neither of those are happening. If you move the team to Quebec City or Hamilton, you have to move a team out of the East to make room, and neither Detroit nor Columbus are going back.

Yeah that's why I think they stay in Arizona or somewhere in the Mountain or Central time zones. Eastern markets will have to wait for expansion.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Obviously I would kill for a team here but :oklahoma: is too poor for NBA and NHL teams. And as I have said before, I love the Thunder but would absolutely sacrifice them for a hockey team without hesitation.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
So if Bettman doesn't pull some shit out of his ass at the last minute, the Coyotes are relocating.

Most likely candidates:

1a. Houston
1b. Salt Lake City

Lots of rumblings about the owner of the Jazz getting something done. Houston because it's the largest North American market without a team and Bettman loves trying to make hockey work in the south. Both have arenas already with Salt Lake potentially building a new one for the 2030 or 2034 Winter Olympics.

Longer shots in no order:

Kansas City
Atlanta
Milwaukee
Quebec City
Hamilton
Saskatoon

Kansas City has the unoccupied Sprint Center and the Power and Light District but supposedly little corporate support. Atlanta has already failed twice but last time was mostly due to terrible ownership, while the wealthy suburban Forsyth County is trying to build an arena to lure a team. Wisconsin loves hockey and Milwaukee has a new arena but not sure if Chicago would be okay with it. Quebec has an NHL-ready arena and tons of fan support but Bettman would rather eat his own shit. Hamilton would likely be blocked by Toronto and Buffalo even if that region is heavily populated. Saskatoon would have fan support but no money.

Personally I would love to see the return of the Nordiques but I really don't see that happening.
Hartford wants it

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Would love to see the Whalers and the best sports logo of all time return but I don't think Boston nor the New York teams would say yes.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Would love to see the Whalers and the best sports logo of all time return but I don't think Boston nor the New York teams would say yes.
Fuck Boston and the New York teams.
But I agree. Houston, SLC or Kansas City are the easy moves as far as relocation. Then again I’m not sure if SLC and Houston arenas were built with hockey infrastructure in place or if it would be another Brooklyn Islanders situation .

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Fuck Boston and the New York teams.
But I agree. Houston, SLC or Kansas City are the easy moves as far as relocation. Then again I’m not sure if SLC and Houston arenas were built with hockey infrastructure in place or if it would be another Brooklyn Islanders situation .

Houston's arena is, SLC is not, but Vivint Arena could just be a temporary home if the Olympics make a return and they build a new barn. It's been renovated several times but it's still old AF anyway.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Moving the Coyotes to Hartford also creates the situation where you have to move an Eastern Conference team back to the Western Conference.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Yeah neither Detroit nor Columbus would agree to move. They could realign into smaller divisions again, but I doubt anyone wants to do that.