• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

the NHL Thread

As much as it's miserable being a Flyers fan nowadays, I think the level of squandering going on with Edmonton, Toronto, and Colorado these past few years is unconscionable. I already know the Flyers are bad. I can't imagine having such amazing top talent and losing in the first or second round.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I mean, Tampa was that team until they finally got over the hump, but they also had to spend a shit ton to do it. I think of the three you mention that Colorado is the team most likely to pull that off. Edmonton has maybe a couple of more years of being playoff contenders before 97 and 29 bolt and they're left with their dicks in their hands. Unless something serious happens in the front office (highly unlikely) that is their future.

Every time I'm tempted to favor Colorado, they go and step on their dicks. I guess we'll see what happens this time.

I agree about Tampa. It also helps that their goalie is a machine.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
As much as it's miserable being a Flyers fan nowadays, I think the level of squandering going on with Edmonton, Toronto, and Colorado these past few years is unconscionable. I already know the Flyers are bad. I can't imagine having such amazing top talent and losing in the first or second round.
I lived it with the Flyers

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Oh the Flyers have definitely been in that position before, but it's been about 10 years so I'm just used to mediocrity.
I meant more the LeClair/ Lindros transitioning to Roenick/ Gagne/ Primeau guys from late 90s til the lost year but those guys did make some conference finals and a Cup Final, but they did break me as a ute

I meant more the LeClair/ Lindros transitioning to Roenick/ Gagne/ Primeau guys from late 90s til the lost year but those guys did make some conference finals and a Cup Final, but they did break me as a ute
Yep, I lived that experience too, but truly I never expected Lindros would lift the Cup, unless it was from his hospital bed after the fact.

I really wanted those Primeau teams to win though. /gun2head.jpg

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY

What a cock sucker. Who got their ass beat in OT on their 80-second shift? I'm not a Mike Smith guy, but the captain can't be hanging his goalie out to dry like this.

I think that was more of a comment about their defensive play in general, including the goalie, but I can see how it would be a shot at Smith.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
The Caps should have won this series in 5 and instead they are going to lose it in 6.

Completely unacceptable for a veteran team to make so many stupid mistakes. Fehervary isn't a vet but he's not new either. Panthers got back into the game with 2 junk goals from errors and a breakaway from their oldest, slowest player that could have been a 2 on 1 or better. FFS.