1. We have updated to a new version of XenForo. If you were using the "Kella" custom style, you need to switch to the Utopia or Alternate style. Do this in your user preferences.
    Dismiss Notice

The Miami Hurricanes aren't a weightlifting school Thread

Discussion in 'College Football Discussion' started by Keith1212, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Keith1212

Keith1212 Well-Known Member

The football program will never be better than what it has been for the last 10 years without a change in the administration. If you're fine with that, that's cool. If you disagree then I'll ask the obligatory why.

Other than that, Miami signed another high ranked class where the biggest recruits will most likely disappoint over the course of their careers and the role players will be that or worse.

Thoughts?

2. fsuprime

fsuprime Well-Known Member

Team:
    FSU
    Smaller ucf style stadium for a long term goal for footall.

I think focusing more on becoming a big time basketball program needs to happen. Take advantage of bron bron and the heat being in the area.

3. GR8 2 B FL G8R

GR8 2 B FL G8R Well-Known Member

You're in the ACC and you wanna be a basketball school now? Good luck with that.

4. Keith1212

I don't want anything technically. I have no say in any of this. Miami is a basketball school now based on my view of its present and future.

I would prefer that Miami be a dominant football program but ultimately it doesn't matter. It is what it is at this point. When Larranaga leaves, there should be no faith in the Miami administration to hire an equivalent hc. 'Naga was blind luck or some other miracle occurrence.

5. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito pressure cooker full of skittles

More rumblings about the possibility of moving to Beckham's new MLS stadium whenever he gets it built:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...la-takes-stand-fins-heat-marlins-chatter.html

fsuprime likes this.
  6. kella

kella Smug know-it-all Administrator Operations

There is a good joke in here about the canes only being able to fill a 25k seat soccer stadium, but I'm only able to make this lame one

7. Keith1212

Pay a ridiculous amount of money to get out of the 18 years left on the Dolphins Stadium lease, move into a relatively smaller soccer stadium, most likely without doing the due diligence and oversight necessary to insure that the stadium will be the best football/soccer stadium that it can be, and just ignore that almost every aspect of the football program is second rate or worse when compared to the top college football programs. That sounds like just the ineptly stupid thing that the UM administration would do.

Anyway it's never happening. Beckham's group is trying to draw local support for a new stadium somewhere. Once his group realizes that the vast majority of people in the shit South Florida region don't care about Miami at all then these bullshit rumors will die out.

Miami's best bet for a new or vastly improved football stadium are the Dolphins building one. Miami's best bet for a football program that isn't mediocre as fuck is a new administration and a new BOT. I have a better chance of getting hit by lightning while free falling from an open air commercial flight collision.

8. GuyIncognito

Haha, I can tell this thread is just going to be a barrel of laughs. ;)

I would much prefer UM to play in a 40,000 seat stadium somewhere near the city of Miami rather than stay out there at Sun Life.

fsuprime likes this.
  9. GR8 2 B FL G8R

30 fucking minutes from downtown to Sun Life, btw

About being a basketball school - Syracuse is in the ACC now

10. Snorky's Shame

Snorky's Shame Well-Known Member

Not sure if sharing with the MLS team is going to work for Miami. 25,000 is probably the max capacity that stadium should be (most stadiums in the league are around 20,000).

25,000 is too small for FBS also.

11. Lightningwar

Lightningwar Administrator

Miami would do well to have a 45-50K stadium near campus. That way it will appear to be full even when 35,000 people show up.

12. GR8 2 B FL G8R

Sure, build it your fucking selves though

The city just got ripped the fuck off by the Marlins

13. GuyIncognito

FIU has a small stadium near our campus haha.

14. GR8 2 B FL G8R

bulldoze the Women's Studies, Religion, and Art departments and any other pseudo-intellectual liberal nonsense

15. GuyIncognito

Former Cane JoJo Nicolas died in a car crash this morning. RIP.

*Scratch that, apparently he's still fighting.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  16. GuyIncognito

JoJo died a couple hours ago.

17. Mr. Radpants

Mr. Radpants Friendship Drive Charging

Team:
    Dublin
    Ugh, awful

18. Keith1212

19. MiamiU26

MiamiU26 Active Member

Team:
    Miami
    We play VT today at 3:30 est, should be able to pull a W and get to the next round.

20. GR8 2 B FL G8R

University of Florida is a better basketball school

I should have made this thread given the state of our two programs

joshuahuskers likes this.